Will Fortuna invalidate P.O.E content?

Gerdaro

One thing I've never liked in games that work with expansions is the fact that the newest one always invalidates the previous ones.

P.O.E has a unique content, basically isolated from the rest of the game, but that is a lot of fun and has a lot to do. (i know i'm late, but i finally got the hang of it).

My fear is: with the arrival of Fortuna, new AMPS and the spiders that will correspond to Eidolons, all the farm and equipment (especially amps and arcanes) of P.O.E become obsolete.

My biggest fear is that Warframe will adopt this kind of non-inclusive content, so that previous content always becomes obsolete (WOW is the biggest example).

what do you think?

Edited by Gerdaro

8 minutes ago, Gerdaro said:

One thing I've never liked in games that work with expansions is the fact that the newest one always invalidates the previous ones.

P.O.E has a unique content, basically isolated from the rest of the game, but that is a lot of fun and has a lot to do. (i know i'm late, but i finally got the hang of it).

My fear is: with the arrival of Fortuna, new AMPS and the spiders that will correspond to Eidolons, all the farm and equipment (especially amps and arcanes) of P.O.E become obsolete.

My biggest fear is that Warframe will adopt this kind of non-inclusive content, so that previous content always becomes obsolete (WOW is the biggest example).

what do you think?

1 minute ago, Sajochi said:

Causally projects image of devs saying multiple times on multiple occasions that POE is also getting some updates alongside Fortuna

What I think is...

FLYING EIDOLON 

Seeing as we're going to be allowed to use our Archwing weapons in places like the plains 🤔

Both are to stay relevant, and all i'm wondering is what kind of rewards are we going to get from the spiders. I mean, I reached 3 conclusions, but none satisfies me:

1. They will drop the same Arcanes: Since I'm tired of Eidolons, and I think Operator won't play a major part on the spiders, I could live with it, although I find it very unoriginal.
  2. They will drop new arcanes: This would be nice.
  3. They drop any other kind of rewards: I do hope it's good rewards like the Eidolon's arcanes, because DE has a major problem in letting players benefit from good reward. As seen time and time again we face a cycle of "Release content very hard to get, or not worthwhile; Have the playerbase complain a lot over the course of months and wondering why people don't play game mode X; Reworking game mode X and give all the rewards almost on a silver platter since they realized it's the way to go; Players then play game mode X again".

28 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

What I think is...

FLYING EIDOLON 

Seeing as we're going to be allowed to use our Archwing weapons in places like the plains 🤔

If Steve's latest leakfest stream is any indication..

that's gonna have more to do with Jupiter.

42 minutes ago, Gerdaro said:

Not going to happen. PoE is still going to be Key for players wishing to explore Fortuna as the Mining tools will only be obtained in Cetus, the Quills introduction to AMPs requires you to venture into the plains and some of the most basic and useful Arcanes for the Operators require a lot of dedication in the plains to obtain.

49 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Pretty sure Fortuna has no Eidolons or Arcanes...

58 minutes ago, Gerdaro said:

what do you think?

it will have kit gun arcanes an the big boss of the map will be the orb mother which will not be contricted by time but has its own mechanic for spawning

the mining laser you got in POE will be usable on the orb valis an pretty sure the spears will to expect will have its own set bait mechanic with those emp things they were talking about before.

Too many unique resources that can only be farmed there.

Plus as annoying as many seem to find them, Eidolon hunts will continue to be a thing, as they drop stuff that can't be obtained anywhere else (arcanes, shards etc.)

Players who've accumulated massive stockpiles of ores, gems, fish bits, sentient cores etc. may not need to visit, but plenty of other players will need to.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

PoE will stay relevant, I personally have no doubt about that.

I just want to add that many of these concerns were addressed/confirmed in the latest Devstream (#118):

• Wilderness bounty givers out on the Plains (confirmed).
  • Flydolon will be on Jupiter, coming with Jupiter tileset rework (after Fortuna).

Additional synergy alluded to or confirmed:

• Mining laster will be usable on Orb Vallis (confirmed).
  • K-Drives working on PoE (confirmed).
  • Hunting (trapping?) will carry over to PoE
  • I think there was a side-mention of PoE caves being buffed a bit as well, but I'm not sure if that was me reading too much into things.