Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Fortuna invalidate P.O.E content?

Gerdaro

DE needs to decouple the content to an extent.

If they don't then people have no reason to grind the new content however if they partition it too hard then people feel like the new content undermines everything they've don thus far. 

With all things the trick is finding the balance. 

Edited by Oreades

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

DE needs to decouple the content to an extent.

If they don't then people have no reason to grind the new content however if they partition it too hard then people feel like the new content undermines everything they've don thus far. 

With all things the trick is finding the balance. 

Exactly!

As long as PoE retains unique stuff, it will remain relevant. We don't know what Fortuna spiders will drop, so speculating Arcanes stay on Eidolons, Zaws & AMPs (even if just for mastery), Gara/Revenant and Ghoul weapon farm for new players together with future content (they're not abandoning PoE, it's only 1 year old), it will stay as alive as it is now, 1 year later. Everytime DE releases something new tied to PoE, lots of people complain but it ensures PoE stays relevant in the future. The only thing I see changing is DE not releasing everything tied to PoE (events, unvaults and the likes) but to Fortuna instead, or a mix of both maybe.

Edited by Kiwinille

1 minute ago, moostar95 said:

I can see poe still being a thing after fortuna. After all, how will one build and craft zaws?  Also fishing is one of the things i loved about poe and breaks my heart to know we cant in fortuna. Still cant wait until November though.

We... can? They've said several times that we're gonna fish robot fish.

I think there will be additions but the plaines is its own economy, so more then likely it will only effect it in the fact that we can bring new stuff to shoot thigns with there. or hover boards... point is it will effect it, just not like totaly change it.

Im hopeing it shakes up some stuff honestly.

Hmmm... I doubt it. Warframe is big on sidegrades, not so much upgrades. I am kinda miffed that, on one hand we'll get a new modular weapon, moddable sentinel and vehicle, without devaluing the modular weapon, sentinels and vehicle we already got, but on the other hand we'll get the same operator equipment again (which probably is also just a sidegrade to the POE AMPs)... but i doubt that anything on Venus will actually make POE content obsolete. Also: There is still an Eidolon to come to the plains, so I wouldn't even thing DE is finished with them in general.

7 hours ago, Nepelwerfer said:

The time gating of Eidolons and ridiculous requirements for joining Eidolon hunts will invalidate P.O.E. on its own.

Ridiculous requirements? 🤔😯 Oh no! You mean I've been doing them wrong all this time?

Because I just go up to Konzu and click on the bounty. He doesn't even bother to tell me that "it's dangerous to go alone," or offer me anything. 

Then I walk to the gates and, kill me some Eidolons. 👍🙌

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Ridiculous requirements? 🤔😯 Oh no! You mean I've been doing them wrong all this time?

Because I just go up to Konzu and click on the bounty. He doesn't even bother to tell me that "it's dangerous to go alone," or offer me anything. 

Then I walk to the gates and, kill me some Eidolons. 👍🙌

Hell, I do it with my Limbo. Alone. You don't need to listen to the Meta to fight Eidolons if you don't want to. Yeah, sure, you're not running 15 per night, but where's the fun in that anyway?

My hope is that Fortune actually is varied enough to allow my Plains of Eidolon burnout to fade a little bit. I never liked fishing, but some players do so whatever.  I never really minded mining, but playing on a controller always meant I was never going to be very good at tracing.  I became tired of the limited time windows for Eidolon hunting given the amount of gear check, and change, I perform before starting a hunt.  I kinda like doing bounties out of the plains.  Equip Zephyr and soar through the air and accomplish segments usually solo.  However, I have everything I want from Cetus standing with only decorations I have never going to place anyways left.  So I all I left is playing PoE mostly for fun now.

However, many of the bounty segments have annoying parts to them that can't be ignored after awhile.  I don't much care for the Camp Liberation bounty segment which seems to be in nearly upper tier bounty.  I often find it better to just hide a bit during the Camp Liberation and wait for the enemy to group up before killing them all especially toward the end of the timed part.  If wanted to hide on a big open world map before finally trying to kill something, I would play a Battle Royale game. The Kill Commander/Exterminate segments also sudden have the enemy forces disappear (I kill like 5 times the number during a vault opening segment).  That artificially lengthens the segment and makes it less fun.  So, DE to the trouble of making it less fun and making us play something less fun for longer.  Sorry for the tangent.

Point is, I have played out much of PoE to the point the minor annoyances of the missions aren't very minor to me anymore.  I could use a palette cleanser (and maybe a good update to some of the issue PoE has) and would like to think Fortuna will do this to some extend.  My expectation is that Fortuna will just be a bigger PoE with activities that also become increasing more annoying the longer you do them, and you have to do them that many times if you want the loot you are after.  But my hope is DE has learned a few things in the year since PoE's release and cut down on the boring/annoying parts to get to the fun parts more often.

Not for me I've just got around to spending more time on POE, still got one cave to find, only just got the BP for the zaws, need a bucket load of standing, not killed a Eidolon, need more mats than I care to think about for aforementioned zaws, even though im looking forward to the new content I'm far from done with a lot of the old.

there will always be players heading to the Plains, new players are joining us all the time and will eventually reach a point where they have done everything except Plains content (reaching max Ostron rank, Eidolons etc.). there's plenty of items that they will want, including Zaws which are tied to MR; even if they only want the Zaws, they have to reach a certain rep rank, gather the resources, and level the thing twice. Plains grind is all stuff that takes a while, which is likely why so many people got burnt out of it.

DE have said that Plains will still get a few updates as well. Cetus will be a lot quieter for a while, but it won't be a ghost town. Konzu will still get his early lunches.