Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do Warframes take 72 hours to make when you spend all of that time farming the parts??🧐

(PSN)WatAthot

I would like some feedback on what they were thinking when someone brought up the great idea “let’s make warframes take 3 days to finish making even though we know they spend all of there time trying to farm all of the parts” like at least make it a day not 3 that’s way to much time to wait for a warframe.

2 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

To make you come back for that thing you worked hard for.

Didn't we already come back after 12 hours also though? This disgustingly long build time is just a futile attempt at extending the gameplay time because there really isn't anything interesting to do after you put in a few hundred hours, that or it's another newbie trap to get them to spend plat to speed things up.

To make you pay obviously, and since when do we complain about F2P mechanics in a F2P game? It’s not like you have nothing to do in these 3 days either, and if you have a lotta time to play then that’s on you, because the game is design for short play periods anyway, so 3 days isn’t that much when you play 2-3h daily 

37 minutes ago, (PS4)kole029 said:

“let’s make warframes take 3 days to finish making even though we know they spend all of there time trying to farm all of the parts”

All their time farming... I mean... you can farm Warframe-parts easily in less than an hour.
The only stuff that needs time is stuff that drops from specific rotations in survival, because you can't speed up the time needed for an rotation to occur. Or Interception, as you can't speed up the amount of points you get with 4 Towers active.
But in general farming a Warframe is easy and takes no time at all.
So that's why there is the time-gate of 3 days.
And let's be honest, if you haven't finished everything else in the game, then you have enough to do while you wait for the Warframe to finish.

Edited by WhiteMarker

maybe this "we shouldnt have to wait long after farming parts" argument would work back when the parts were actual drops from the boss that could get lost or fall through the level. Back then warframe parts were also no gaurenteed drops from bosses. Took me about 120 runs of raptor over 7 days to get all the parts for nova. tons of helmets barely any chassis and only 1 system drop.

yall have it easy. if you dont like the wait then pay up. otherwise come back in 3 days or play the game while you wait

Yeah, it's one of the only two ways that DE actually have any push at all for you to buy Platinum.

They put longer lengths of time on the builds than most people want to wait, and they make sure that extra Weapon and Warframe slots cost Platinum too.

Other than that, Cosmetics are the only thing you really have any incentive to pay Plat for.

For everything else? Grind. Or wait.

i never understood the people which bothers to wait for a frame/weapon, you farm something different in the meantime anyway, if something is done, level it up, bake more, if that's done, repeat, only lazy and impatient people rush things, there is literally so much S#&$ to do, that the waiting time should be the least you be worried about. 

as a new player it may seem like p2w or lazy design, but it really isn't. 

15 minutes ago, Vanrythzx said:

i never understood the people which bothers to wait for a frame/weapon, you farm something different in the meantime anyway, if something is done, level it up, bake more, if that's done, repeat, only lazy and impatient people rush things, there is literally so much S#&$ to do, that the waiting time should be the least you be worried about. 

as a new player it may seem like p2w or lazy design, but it really isn't. 

To be fair, if nothing else, until Excal Umbra one could point at lore reasons for manufacturing times, but now... I can see why (new) people are complaining. They done goofed there...

Edited by WarBaby2

59 minutes ago, WarBaby2 said:

To be fair, if nothing else, until Excal Umbra one could point at lore reasons for manufacturing times, but now... I can see why (new) people are complaining. They done goofed there...

If I wasn't half asleep i'd write up a fairly decent lore reason such as; we already recovered parts of excalibur umbra so he was already half built and rather than effectively growing a new frame (which requires us to effectively clone and grow a human then imbue them with infested stuffs) all we had to do was stick some umbra bits together and grow part of a frame. Also if I wanted to simply incorporate the rush mechanic into that I could say that dumping plat into your foundry massively overloads the circuits to speed things up but also wears out a certain component so Ordis has to use your plat to make/buy a new part, then  when Umbra was built, because we already had those parts or something Ordis said screw this i'll let the operator break the foundry - out of spite because he didn't like the idea of re-building Umbra... Or something...

And then being a stellar space-dad and as an apology Umbra came back and repaired the foundry instead of Ordis

That kinda made sense, and suits me just fine if I really needed a lore explanation. Really though, this is 100% the truth and i'm fine with it:

4 hours ago, FreeWilliam said:

Because that's the FREE way? 

Either you support the developers or you wait a bit.  *shrug*

Edited by Droopsie

10 minutes ago, Droopsie said:

That kinda made sense, and suits me just fine if I really needed a lore explanation. Really though, this is 100% the truth and i'm fine with it.

Sure, whatever floats your boat, I guess, I don't care either way, BUT DE are a company with a product, and they want to expand the reach of said product... all I'm saying is, it could be more profitable in the long run to drop f2p mechanics like time gating in favour of mass market appeal. Don't forget, as the game grows, their portfolio of plat items grows, and soon it might be: "Thanks for all your patience, but now we no longer need time gating to make money" for us old players...

Edited by WarBaby2

I'm always baffled by these waiting for foundry items posts, it's as if the whole game comes screeching to a halt the moment you start building a warframe, why are you waiting? Just carry on playing as you were with what ever it is cooking in the background. ☺️

It's not as if you're ever left without a frame to play with and there's always plenty to do.

Edit

Probably should have read the other posts before posting myself, Vanrythzx said all this already. 😉

Edited by Tyanya
Vanrythzx made me do it. :)

12 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

because there really isn't anything interesting to do after you put in a few hundred hours,

few

hundred

hours

ಠ_ಠ