Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do Warframes take 72 hours to make when you spend all of that time farming the parts??🧐

(PSN)WatAthot

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Psh, I spent longer taking pictures in Horizon Zero Dawn lol, and I can't understand that emoji or whatever it is, care to explain?

Its more about the underlying concept of having things to do, after a few/several hundred ours of play time. 

Afaik no mmo has ever accomplished this unless you come really really late to the party, the concept of waiting in this f2p is to make you go do other things to keep rotating the event of grinding ~> building ~> leveling ~> bank/toss ~> repeat. 

While its true it doesnt take more than 20 - 40 minutes to max out all 6 items at once, a new player wont have access to do this which means they are

Leveling/gaining mods/gaining endo/gaining credits etc at a dramatically slower pace and usually not playing as long as midcore or hardcore players

This means the time it takes to get "done" with numerous objects is a lot longer so the building times arent as "intrusive".

The times only really affect late game players who also have access to procurring platinum through various means without paying if waiting is too much. 

In short im not fully seeing the issue here, if you could better articulate maybe i could understand.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

In short im not fully seeing the issue here, if you could better articulate maybe i could understand.

The issue is that this isn't a mobile game like clash of clans or something, spending hours and hoping for RNG to be in your favour for you to get the parts you need, only to be forced to wait a further 12+76=88 hours before you can actually play with your new toy should've never been in this game at all. Yes I've heard the whole "but this is a F2P hurr hurr DE has to make money" stories already and I call bs, sure they were supposedly not doing so well at the beginning but things have changed and they're hosting tours and expos and such which costs a lot of money I assume, something they wouldn't do if they were desperate enough to timegate foundry items and add a huge plat price for rushing it in the hopes that someone will buy more plat

58 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

The issue is that this isn't a mobile game like clash of clans or something, spending hours and hoping for RNG to be in your favour for you to get the parts you need, only to be forced to wait a further 12+76=88 hours before you can actually play with your new toy should've never been in this game at all. Yes I've heard the whole "but this is a F2P hurr hurr DE has to make money" stories already and I call bs, sure they were supposedly not doing so well at the beginning but things have changed and they're hosting tours and expos and such which costs a lot of money I assume, something they wouldn't do if they were desperate enough to timegate foundry items and add a huge plat price for rushing it in the hopes that someone will buy more plat

And why are you assuming that part of that money they've made does not come from rushing (or at least that it has been profitable enough to generate a nice stream of reliable and needed $)? Sure, for a lot of us we are told to never waste plat on rushing, but what about the silent majority? 

Time-gating in this game is pretty harmless. Unless you are at a point with most things in the game, 2k+ hours, etc., I don't see myself ever waiting for an item to be crafted. At the very least I can be grinding plat if nothing else, but there's usually something to be doing.

Edited by ArchXDiablo

Because that build time + farming time is a time period where DE earns its money.If you want to get it right away then buy it with platinum from market or if it is new prime then from store for money.

If you want something right away then pay up,but if you want it for free work and spend your time for it.

On 2018-10-22 at 10:18 AM, (PS4)kole029 said:

I would like some feedback on what they were thinking when someone brought up the great idea “let’s make warframes take 3 days to finish making even though we know they spend all of there time trying to farm all of the parts” like at least make it a day not 3 that’s way to much time to wait for a warframe.

Because otherwise players like me with hundreds of thousands of every resource, yes even the rare ones would have them all the first day a frame drops.