Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augment

GrafEbatezard

Hi Tenno. I apologize in advance for errors (Google). How do you like the idea of adding 1-2 slots for augments? But, as we understand, there is one problem. Forma. But this problem can be solved if the modifications in these slots are free. But to make them free, you need to pass the task. For example : Augment for Harrow on Covenant. With the augment set, you need to block 1kk damage or Hold the buff for 10 minutes. After that, in the slot for augments, this mod will not cost anything. This will increase the importance of augments at times. Many unpopular augments may appear in builds. True, the implementation must still be finalized.

Edited by Gormyngandr

More that DE is worried about giving us even more power this way. I mean, god, if I could squeeze more power strength or survivability or utility onto my balanced Limbo build and STILL have rift torrent? Well, I'D be a god at that point. Amazing CC and great damage thanks to the power of Rift Torrent being amplified further still.

And that's just the Frame I'm most familiar with.

No to repeat things, but this topic is literally years old and raised hundreds of times.

The answer is that this is an incredibly divisive subject and I expect you to get hundreds of replies arguing about it, if they aren't still arguing on the other threads about the same thing.

The shortest answer is that, so far, whenever it's been mentioned by DE they've said they're not looking into it at all, and they have heard our arguments a few times. A few hundred times.

4 hours ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

as it stands currently id rather all augments get a pass over to make them worth using or build changing instead of another slot for them. Make them worth giving up a mod to equip. instead of stuff like greedy pull that is borderline useless

Eh, the problem with most of them is that they're actually almost all direct upgrades to the ability. What people don't consider is that the abilities themselves aren't worth wasting the mod slot for, especially when some of the other abilities for the same frame are flat-out better.

Augment for Mesa's 1? Why? When you can augment for her 2 and 3, and even her 4, and get better results because the Abilities are just better. Augment for Trinity's 1? Again, no thanks, augmenting for her 2 or 3 is just better because the abilities are better.

9 hours ago, Thaylien said:

Eh, the problem with most of them is that they're actually almost all direct upgrades to the ability. What people don't consider is that the abilities themselves aren't worth wasting the mod slot for, especially when some of the other abilities for the same frame are flat-out better.

Augment for Mesa's 1? Why? When you can augment for her 2 and 3, and even her 4, and get better results because the Abilities are just better. Augment for Trinity's 1? Again, no thanks, augmenting for her 2 or 3 is just better because the abilities are better.

so what youre saying is...... they need a pass over to make them worth using.

thank you for repeating me.

Edited by --Laughing-Soul--

6 hours ago, Thaylien said:

No, the abilities do. Read things properly my friend.

They, meaning augments, need a pass over to make worth using. Obviously they are not worth using regardless of how nice or buffed they get if the ability it self is not worth using. So my statement applies to augments and by extension abilities.

I read things properly "friend", you should do the same in the future.

12 minutes ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

They, meaning augments, need a pass over to make worth using. Obviously they are not worth using regardless of how nice or buffed they get if the ability it self is not worth using. So my statement applies to augments and by extension abilities.

Uh... What? 

I don't think that I'm understanding fully. Something about augments and abilities, that part I got. But it's almost as if you said that the augments aren't worth using. But that can't be right.... 

What? 

Last night i played a Hydron with a Loki who literally did all the work with his irradiating disarm. I think it was built for range and duration. He had the map locked down. All that the rest of us were there for was to generally poke the enemies with a stick until they died.

My Nekros has not one but 2 augments on his standard build; Despoil and Shield of Shadows. He went from being a good frame to a really good frame. I used him a couple of days ago to farm polymer bundles. The enemies dropped like flies, then they became my flies. They took care of their erstwhile friends for me while I turned their corpses into goodies. They also helped me to shrug off damage that should have killed me. 

So uh, yeah... What? 

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Uh... What? 

I don't think that I'm understanding fully. Something about augments and abilities, that part I got. But it's almost as if you said that the augments aren't worth using. But that can't be right.... 

What? 

Last night i played a Hydron with a Loki who literally did all the work with his irradiating disarm. I think it was built for range and duration. He had the map locked down. All that the rest of us were there for was to generally poke the enemies with a stick until they died.

My Nekros has not one but 2 augments on his standard build; Despoil and Shield of Shadows. He went from being a good frame to a really good frame. I used him a couple of days ago to farm polymer bundles. The enemies dropped like flies, then they became my flies. They took care of their erstwhile friends for me while I turned their corpses into goodies. They also helped me to shrug off damage that should have killed me. 

So uh, yeah... What? 

you need to read all of the comments in the chain if you want context. Yes taking a comment out of context will confuse you and distort the comment's meaning.

I originally said that all augments need a pass over to make them worth using. I never said they were not all worth using. there are some great ones and some useless ones. I gave greedy pull as an example of a useless one. A lot of abilities on warframes need a looking at too to make them worth using.

To use the same example that Thaylien used trinitys 1st ability is not worth using ever since her 2nd can give her infinite use of her 4th which is a much much better version of her 1st ability. The augment for the 1st ability is also useless. It gives her 1st ability a chance to drop health orbs when the enemy its on is killed. Not only is that worthless since health orbs only heal 25 hp while her first ability is able to heal way more than that per pulse, but again, her 4th ability is a vastly superior ability to her first.

These are the things i was referring to when i said the augments need a pass over. Abilities also need a pass over.

You obviously didn't comprehend then, because it's the abilities, not the Augments.

Mesa's 1? Barely worth using compared to her other abilities, even if you can get a decent buff out of one shot, it's just as easy to miss. The augment? Adds Status to the ability, so is a direct buff, and a good one. The base ability being so bad makes the augment not worth it.

Well of Life is not worth using from the moment you unlock Blessing. It used to be worth something when you could actually self-sustain an incredible self-buff on Blessing's damage reduction by using Well of Life in combination, but not anymore. However, as we've proven with Nekros and now Nezha, guaranteed health orb drops is a functional and useful buff to any ability, allowing it to play into Arcanes and Mods like Health Conversion or Equilibrium. The ability, however, is no longer worth using, making the augment not worth it by proxy again.

And so on.

The abilities need reworking, then the augments that are considered bad now will actually be worth considering.

There are a few, and I mean a very few, that are just band-aids to the ability (such as Everlasting Ward) and should have been part of that ability in the first place, making room for a real augment. And there are even less, like Funnel Clouds, which actually change up how the ability itself functions as a side-grade buff to it by taking something in return for something else.

Everything else is a buff to a good ability and is considered a good augment because of it.

I originally said that all augments need a pass over to make them worth using. I never said they were not all worth using. there are some great ones and some useless ones. I gave greedy pull as an example of a useless one. A lot of abilities on warframes need a looking at too to make them worth using.

Sounds good, doesn't work. 

They don't all need to be reworked to make them worth using. Your second quoted sentence confirms this. So why waste their time going over all, when you could make the far more useful suggestion to "please rework the following abilities/augments to make them more useful". 

Also the blanket statement that I originally quoted, really doesn't say what you're suggesting it said. You could have included the word "some" and it would have been fine. You didn't. That's on you. 

But good luck with your suggestions. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Sounds good, doesn't work. 

They don't all need to be reworked to make them worth using. Your second quoted sentence confirms this. So why waste their time going over all, when you could make the far more useful suggestion to "please rework the following abilities/augments to make them more useful". 

Also the blanket statement that I originally quoted, really doesn't say what you're suggesting it said. You could have included the word "some" and it would have been fine. You didn't. That's on you. 

But good luck with your suggestions. 

........... no they dont all need reworked i never said they all did i said they need a pass over to make them all worth using. obviously if one is already worth using that means leaving it where it is. i see no reason to reply to you further since you seem intent on creating conflict where none need exist. goodbye.

7 hours ago, Thaylien said:

You obviously didn't comprehend then, because it's the abilities, not the Augments.

Mesa's 1? Barely worth using compared to her other abilities, even if you can get a decent buff out of one shot, it's just as easy to miss. The augment? Adds Status to the ability, so is a direct buff, and a good one. The base ability being so bad makes the augment not worth it.

Well of Life is not worth using from the moment you unlock Blessing. It used to be worth something when you could actually self-sustain an incredible self-buff on Blessing's damage reduction by using Well of Life in combination, but not anymore. However, as we've proven with Nekros and now Nezha, guaranteed health orb drops is a functional and useful buff to any ability, allowing it to play into Arcanes and Mods like Health Conversion or Equilibrium. The ability, however, is no longer worth using, making the augment not worth it by proxy again.

And so on.

The abilities need reworking, then the augments that are considered bad now will actually be worth considering.

There are a few, and I mean a very few, that are just band-aids to the ability (such as Everlasting Ward) and should have been part of that ability in the first place, making room for a real augment. And there are even less, like Funnel Clouds, which actually change up how the ability itself functions as a side-grade buff to it by taking something in return for something else.

Everything else is a buff to a good ability and is considered a good augment because of it.

some abilties need reworked and some augments need reworked. some abilities and their augments both need reworked. there seems to be a difference of opinion on the matter between you and I but that is fine. no need to tell me i cant comprehend something that I understand just fine

3 hours ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

some abilties need reworked and some augments need reworked. some abilities and their augments both need reworked. there seems to be a difference of opinion on the matter between you and I but that is fine. no need to tell me i cant comprehend something that I understand just fine

It works out easier in text if you try not flat-out contradicting in the first place, really, because if you'd actually worded it like this to begin with I wouldn't have felt that you hadn't got the point at all and so ended up flat-out contradicting you as the counter-point.

3 hours ago, Thaylien said:

It works out easier in text if you try not flat-out contradicting in the first place, really, because if you'd actually worded it like this to begin with I wouldn't have felt that you hadn't got the point at all and so ended up flat-out contradicting you as the counter-point.

Same here. 

It's better to be clear in the first place, instead of trying to defend the mess that was posted and claim "it's all your faults that you didn't understand that what I meant to say, and what I actually wrote are two different things". 

6 hours ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

i see no reason to reply to you further since you seem intent on creating conflict where none need exist. goodbye.

If you say so. Although if I'm being honest, I really figure it's because I said that it would be better to put some effort into identifying what needs to be reworked in your opinion, but whatever floats your boat mate. Have a great one, Tenno. 👍