Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would I Take DMG If I Walked In My Weapon's Toxin Cloud?

Acculiterary

Question

15 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, kenrhee said:

Nope. You only take self-damage from explosive weapons.

PS: putting Gas on ur melee doesnt form any gas clouds, the only weapons that do that is Torid and Pox.

Zakti too.  

For self-damage, if you get radiation proc'd, I think you take damage from your own weapon as well.  I think.  On a side note for rad procs, if it's a Radiation Sortie, please don't bring Nezha and leave flame trails all over the map, thereby instantly setting everyone on fire the second you get proc'd  -_-

14 minutes ago, (PS4)SteveOMatic said:

On a side note for rad procs, if it's a Radiation Sortie, please don't bring Nezha and leave flame trails all over the map, thereby instantly setting everyone on fire the second you get proc'd  -_-

Thanks for the tip, I'll play Nezha for the next radiation sortie.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)SteveOMatic said:

lol

It was a bloodbath with no where to run.  Like the gym scene in Carrie with everyone trapped in a burning room.

Every now and then you run into those interesting mechancs in rad sorties. 

Pecular Bloom also exposes your shame.  I was meleeing in one once and all of a sudden there was a coffin standing in front of me sprouting flowers.  

Weapons capable of Self damage can proc their status effects on you.

Which weapons do this is cherry picked instead of normalized. Zarr for example will cause self damage with the primary radial damage but not the bomblets. Meanwhile Kulstar, the secondary cousin of Zarr and will cause self damage with both the main impact and bomblets.

Astilla is a shotgun with explosive slugs that does not cause self damage nor does Zakti or Quanta alt-fire cube explosions.

There really isn't a standard to look for in self damage weapons. You tend to just find out the hard way.