Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros tips

LazerMaxim

Question

I just completed Sands of Inaros quest and I'm making Inaros so I want to ask couple of questions:

1. What do I mod him for (I know Vitality and Steel Fiber is must-have,and is Hunter Adrenaline must-have too)?

2. Is Lesion with 100% status and Healing Return good on him?

3. What abilities should I use most?

I realy like tanks in games and I usualy main them,so I think Inaros would be great for me😊

Hi, lets check it 😉

1. Yes, H. Adrenaline or Rage are more or les must have, you will have consctant flow of energy 😉 That means you dont need Flow/P.Flow and depending on playstyle, 100% eff is max you need. If you are not spammer as me, you can go even lower. Strenght for better damage and range for bigger CC are nice as well. Also dont forget his augument for his 4, it allows you to ignore status procs like Rhino

2.If you dont mind look of weapon, he is best with Covert Lethality dagger. Healing Return is imho to weak, even life strike would be better. But his passive (25% max healt healed on finisher) is enough to keep him going. And with his 1 and CL dagger... 😉 Otherwise it is up to you, what you like

3. On longer missing his 4 for sure, especialy if you know you can heal up with him.On shorter (capture etc...) before you will chanell it up, you can extract 😄 . Otherwise probably his 1, is most used, it is CC and allows youto heal. His 3. (tornado) can help with disrupting group of enemies and do some nice dmg as well, if you have some Power Strenght. And his 2. ...well, it is interresting, but i personally didnt feel it is needed. Yes, you can summon sand wraith, if you kill enemy with it, but with weaker enemies, it is almost not needed and with harder, it takes ages to kill them. But for fun, why not 😉

There are two basic builds for Inaros. One focuses on using his 2 and 4 for healing, the other uses his 1 and a melee weapon for healing. Both are viable.

Make sure you leave at least 3 normal mod slots unpolarized if you want to take advantage of Umbral mods once you get them. If you don't care, forma however you want.

6 minutes ago, Gontzar said:

Hi, lets check it  😄

Thank you so much for this detailed answer on the question. I will listen to your advice and build him like you said. I don't mind using CL daggers with him (in fact,that's the reason why I wanted to get CL in first place)

As for mods,I will buff his powe damage and range,but I will try to buld it with Umbral mods and the  4 augment. Might not be possible,but it's worth trying.

2 minutes ago, mmmjuice said:

Is adaptation good on inaros? I've heard the mod is good on shield Warframes, at least.

Adaptation might be good idk,but it will replace Huner Adrenaline(these two mods dont go too well togeter). If somebody tested Inarod with Adaptation,let me know if it's a good mod on him

my two cents, for what it is worth.

1. yes take hunter adrenaline or rage or both, they both work exceptionally well as he lacks shields so is always taking damage. You will have a basically endless amount of energy to use on abilities.

2. Lesion plus healing overload (healing return and condition overload) is great provided you are fighting enemies that live long enough to actually accumulate status effects. If you are killing the enemies too fast to get status then weather you want health or damage you are not going to get the full effect. If you are not looking to be in a mission for a long period of time but don't want to constantly be spending time in finisher animations (or you are in a group and your team kills the enemy well you are trying to get finishers) take the Hirudo melee weapon instead and focus on getting as many hits in as you can as it has a heal effect and is very effective at lower level content healing.

3. Your abilities will depend on your weapons, using 1 is basically essential if you want to heal from finishers only you will use it all the time. 3 is great for infested at anytime or if you need to revive a team member and want to clear away the closest enemies so some one else can revive, it is where most of your energy will go as the rest of the time you will take enough damage to keep topped up otherwise. 4 doesn't use energy as it eats your health to build armor and then with good aiming you should be able to hit groups of enemies to get that health back and make new armor if the enemies are really densely packed you should see a surplus. I just have no luck using 2 I never seem to use it right so I just don't use it often,

If by you like tanking you mean you like being able to stand in the middle of groups of enemies at take a beating then you will like Inaros if you mean you like being able to withstand everything that comes your way, it will take some practice as the biggest hurdle to keeping your health topped up is other players killing things before you can reach them.

6 minutes ago, Mahna said:

If by you like tanking you mean you like being able to stand in the middle of groups of enemies at take a beating then you will like Inaros if you mean you like being able to withstand everything that comes your way, it will take some practice as the biggest hurdle to keeping your health topped up is other players killing things before you can reach them.

That's what I want to get with Inaros. Thanks for this good answer I really apreciate you took time to answer these questions as clearly as possible

Edited by LazerMaxim

52 minutes ago, mmmjuice said:

Is adaptation good on inaros? I've heard the mod is good on shield Warframes, at least.

Adaptation makes tanks tankier. Yes, it's very good on Inaros.

(I would dispute how good it really is on "shield" frames -- i.e. caster frames --, but that's not really germane to this topic.)

52 minutes ago, tobascodagama said:

Adaptation makes tanks tankier. Yes, it's very good on Inaros.

(I would dispute how good it really is on "shield" frames -- i.e. caster frames --, but that's not really germane to this topic.)

Thanks for the answer. Though I'm not shure how much this ecent lasts,since i need to complete 40+ nodes

If you have umbral mods already then it's enough to just put those 3 on + rage + armored agility so that he would move a little faster. I also am too lazy to use scarab armor so I just use the mod that decrease status on self and can safely walk through anything.

Don't listen to people that tell you to waste spots on ability enchancing mods - Inaros need only rage for endless energy.

1. Steel charge (aura) Coaction Drift or Enemy Sense (Exilus),Umbral Fiber, Umbral Vitality, Umbral Intensify, Negation Swarm, Gladiator Resolve, Gladiator Aegis, Hunter Adrenaline, all maxed. You can replace any one mod but the Umbrals with Adaptation. You do not need both Rage and Hunter Adrenaline, it's overkill and you don't have the energy pool to validate the existence of both mods in your build.

2. Whoever tells you a healing weapon on Inaros is useful is wasting your time, Inaros has healing coming out of his ENTIRE KIT. No need for more. Depending on play stile either go dagger with Covert Lethality or a zaw if you want faster gameplay. Lesion is good for now if you can't make a zaw.

3. Desiccation - Spam, if you've gone the dagger+Covert Lethality route, or use when you need to top up hp with a finisher if you're with another weapon

Devour - If you're having a hard time stunning enemies to heal with Desiccation+finisher hold down the 2 button until HP is maxed, alternatively tap 2 and hope your allies know they can heal from the ability.

Sandstorm - Whoever tells you this is anything more than an interesting gimmick doesn't know what he's talking about. Unless you specifically enjoy this one, avoid it like the plague.

Scarab Swarm - Keep it topped up at all times, if you or your allies require healing you can target an enemy and press 4 for some heal over time.

Inaros is the best passive tank, meaning, he requires the least ability use to take it like a champ. Also his build is pure stat stick, you don't need anything but hp and armor, anything else is added flavor, but not needed. If you really feel like you want to overkill on the healing, instead of Healing Return go with a pet with a hunter recovery/pack leader or a sentinel with Medi-ray.

Edited by Ver1dian

Edit: dagger zaw for Inaros is inferior unless you plan to do level 1000+ content to which you shouldn't probably bring Inaros anyway, would just have to use a lot of energy pizzas to cc enemies all the time to not get killed. The only advantage daggers have for Inaros is Covert Lethality and against a plague staff/polearm zaw the difference would start to show up at level 1000 I guess, because a slow crit plague zaw is just that strong.

Edited by BoarWarrior

Inaros has enough healing built in, you don’t need healing return or even arcanes.  He can fully heal any time you want.  

I use the umbrals, armoured agility, adaptation and hunters adrenaline.  I would say these are the base kit if any Inaros.  Armoured agility can be swapped for gladiators armour mod but I find him too slow moving for my liking.  Hunters adrenaline is obviously interchangeable with with rage.

for range, I use overextended then blind rage to cover the strength drop.  Here’s where my build is different from what anyone will tell you - I don’t cover the efficiency drop from blind rage.  My Inaros runs just fine at 45% efficiency.  Yes he does.  I have a very similar build where I end up with more eff and a bit less strength and I don’t feel it runs as smoothly.

then a Primed continuity for some longer blinding.

try him at a low efficiency.  He works just fine.  

In the exilus, I use Mobilise - a waaaay underrated QOL mod that’s really cheap so leaves some room for the umbrals.

Edited by LarryYourWaiter

4 hours ago, BoarWarrior said:

I don't know if this has been said yet, but if you build a dagger zaw for Inaros and build the last rank Exodia Might, you get all the healing you need with your 1st ability without life strike or anything else. Just use your 1st ability on enemies, it will open them up to finishers, and then finish them off with speed modded Covert Lethality zaw dagger with that exodia in there. I get like 2k-4k health per finisher, it's a 50% chance to proc the healing on finisher for max rank but that's enough.

I don't have standings with Ostrons high enough to have all the bp for zaws,since I just go to POE to farm for The quills. But I got to a point where I can play all the bounties soo I might level up faster than before

Anways,thanks for mentioning that Exodia Might arcane. I find zaws pretty good and you just gave me the reason to get them ASAP

7 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

2. Whoever tells you a healing weapon on Inaros is useful is wasting your time, Inaros has healing coming out of his ENTIRE KIT.

Right? There's only one skill on his whole kit that doesn't provide healing. The only reason you'd ever need more is if you're using him for the Index, where his 1 and 2 don't do anything.

Just my 2 cents, simply build him for armor and hp. 

You can go adaptation to take almost no damage. 

Or rage for a bit more consistency. 

For weapon, a ci dagger is great, but honestly any decent damage melee with life strike + rage means you can get through almost all content without even trying. 

If you don't have life strike, then you have to pay attention and use his 1 sometimes for heals, but honestly he's so tanky you don't have to try too hard to survive. It's not needed, but is really nice. I wouldn't use healing return, he has so much to it's not worth it. 

I'm a fan of Jat Kittag modded with Vulcan Blitz.  I find that with all of Inaros' CC options I don't need to dagger strike every enemy I fight to take advantage of his passive.  Also I prefer the AoE effect from Vulcan Blitz to pair with the AoE from his abilities especially since my Inaros is modded for range as others have mentioned.  As with many other situations in Warframe I would swap this out to a CL dagger or Hirudo if I anticipated fighting higher level enemies.

On 2018-10-23 at 5:56 PM, tobascodagama said:

Right? There's only one skill on his whole kit that doesn't provide healing. The only reason you'd ever need more is if you're using him for the Index, where his 1 and 2 don't do anything.

It's the amount of healing and price paid for it. His 1st ability heal is very low, his 2nd ability heal makes you focus on only one enemy and takea time, and his 4th ability heal you have to hurt yourself first. At least that's how I've understood them.

With the dagger zaw exodia might none of them are really problems unless you get bad RNG streak, and with a tanky build that's quite tolerable up to level 140. Try go against those levels and you see which is best.

1. If you have adaptation, you dont really need steel fiber.. I replace steel fiber with adaptation, put arcane grace on him and my hp almost at full all the time even at sortie 3

2. Lesion is great with 100% status and condition overload, you dont need healing return because you can heal yourself with 3 of inaros’s abilities.. and because you’re almost immortal just bring weapon that hits the hardest..

3. His 1 for quick cc and open enemies to finisher, but you need to cast it at their face.. his 2 made you invincible as long as you keep devouring the enemy.. his 4 grants armor, immune to cc with its augment, and you can cast it at the cost of 25% scarab armor to stun enemies and draining their health.. just use any of them to your liking and situation..

4 hours ago, BoarWarrior said:

It's the amount of healing and price paid for it. His 1st ability heal is very low, his 2nd ability heal makes you focus on only one enemy and takea time, and his 4th ability heal you have to hurt yourself first. At least that's how I've understood them. 

With the dagger zaw exodia might none of them are really problems unless you get bad RNG streak, and with a tanky build that's quite tolerable up to level 140. Try go against those levels and you see which is best. 

You do realize that one of Inaros' passives is 20% of total hp heal on finishers right?

Also, may I ask where are those lv140s? Spent an hour in Arbitration survival yesterday and best was ~lvl120.

I would actually advise against all those dagger builds. Just because he has heal on finisher doesn't mean that every enemy must die by one.

Got a Plague Kripath Zaw (Lesion can work too I take it) with two builds, CO and Crit, each one of those 1shots pretty much anything, so instead of picking off enemies 1 by 1 it is faster to mow down everything all at once.

9 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

You do realize that one of Inaros' passives is 20% of total hp heal on finishers right?

Yes, but the last time I checked, that passive didn't work for me.

And you got a point about mowing down enemies with polearm/staff plague zaw, but I'd rather use Valkyr for that. About as tanky as Inaros but has melee speed buff and a more reliable heal.

Edit: my bad, just googled "warframe inaros passive bugged" and found someone else who didnt get healed from finishers with dagger zaw. So yeah, polearm/staff plague zaw is hands-down better. FFS me for gimping myself and giving bad advice.

Edited by BoarWarrior