Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augment Reworks

MickThejaguar

I feel that there's fairly sizable amount of augments that have been released that basically never get touched because of how little they impact the game (Enveloping Cloud, Vexing Retaliation, Swing Line etc.), while several are so impactful that they're a must have for their respective frames (Chromatic Blade, Flash Accelerant, etc). Certain frames feel like they have so much variety in how you can build them because of how unique and useful their augments are, while others have a bunch of useless mods that provide little, if any, advantage to the frame. Reviewing and reworking some of the existing augments could do a great deal to counteract the lack of build diversity (or viability) in some frames. 

What ... wait ...

Flash Accelerant being bad? a free AoE team casting speed buff ... is bad?

Enveloping Cloud ... allies withing 4m of the cloud are given 14 seconds of invisibiility? bad?

some of your examples i dont agree with.

But in the concepts entirety "some" augments do need a rework.

OP said Flash Accelerant was one of the incredibly good ones. Eveloping Cloud on the other hand, while it's good on paper, my understanding is that it's very impractical to actually make use of outside a highly coordinated group. I haven't seen it in action or used it myself, but I've heard several accounts of it not being worth using, and none saying it was.

Regardless of the specifics there, I agree on the premise. We have several excellent augments, that offer powerful upgrades or alternate play styles. Then we got a whole pile that are either utterly impractical, or downright ineffective. There are a small selection of not overly effective but still interesting and fun augments as well, but I believe those are an even smaller minority than the must have's.

20 minutes ago, Errodin said:

I said it was a must have. As you must have it on Ember. 

21 minutes ago, Errodin said:

Enveloping Cloud ... allies withing 4m of the cloud are given 14 seconds of invisibiility? bad?

In the context of the frame you'd be using it on, yes. If this were an augment for a frame that would actively be using their stealth ability (Ash or Loki, Ivara basically already has this) it'd be a phenomenal augment. However it's an augment for Wukong, who does nothing else for the team and it's an augment for his worst ability. The only scenario where this might be useful is in a coordinated team setting, but if you're in a coordinated team setting then there's a whole host of superior stealth options such as: Taking a full stealth team. Taking an Octavia who can provide team along with additional buffs. Taking an Ivara. Slapping a team stealth on to any old warframe isn't a guaranteed benefit. 

20 hours ago, TinFoilMkIV said:

OP said Flash Accelerant was one of the incredibly good ones. Eveloping Cloud on the other hand, while it's good on paper, my understanding is that it's very impractical to actually make use of outside a highly coordinated group. I haven't seen it in action or used it myself, but I've heard several accounts of it not being worth using, and none saying it was.

Regardless of the specifics there, I agree on the premise. We have several excellent augments, that offer powerful upgrades or alternate play styles. Then we got a whole pile that are either utterly impractical, or downright ineffective. There are a small selection of not overly effective but still interesting and fun augments as well, but I believe those are an even smaller minority than the must have's.

Enveloping cloud gives base 14s invisibility to everyone in range. U dont have to stay in the cloud either. If u mod for max duration, thats 42s of invisibility. So like... Whats bad about that? Maybe try it first? Before u condemn it.

On 2018-10-23 at 10:52 AM, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Enveloping cloud gives base 14s invisibility to everyone in range. U dont have to stay in the cloud either. If u mod for max duration, thats 42s of invisibility. So like... Whats bad about that? Maybe try it first? Before u condemn it.

The bad sides are that you need to be relatively close to the Wukong, who has to sit there being unable to participate in the game until they're sure everyone has the buff who wants it. Also the invisibility is broken by attacking, even with silenced weapons... so not exactly a strong effect in my opinion. Lastly, from my understanding, the best builds on Wukong either ignore or actually tank ability range, so that doesn't do the mod's short buff range any favors.

There are many augments like Energy Transfer that should be feature of the warframe.

Need to review the concept of augment, it is one thing to create interesting augments that add a utility but that are replaceable, something else are augments that should be characteristics of the warframe and not an additional one, these occupy a slot with something that should come with the warframe.

43 minutes ago, Peter said:

There are many augments like Energy Transfer that should be feature of the warframe.

Need to review the concept of augment, it is one thing to create interesting augments that add a utility but that are replaceable, something else are augments that should be characteristics of the warframe and not an additional one, these occupy a slot with something that should come with the warframe.

I Agree.. *Cough*Cough*  Nyx Assimilate *Cough*Cough* Mesa Waltz

Edited by Grimmstyler

3 hours ago, TinFoilMkIV said:

The bad sides are that you need to be relatively close to the Wukong, who has to sit there being unable to participate in the game until they're sure everyone has the buff who wants it. Also the invisibility is broken by attacking, even with silenced weapons... so not exactly a strong effect in my opinion. Lastly, from my understanding, the best builds on Wukong either ignore or actually tank ability range, so that doesn't do the mod's short buff range any favors.

I have a ranged build... Can handle 250+ enemies easily. Its a gladiator build, best ive ever used. 

Im saying that if someone mods for this augment... Its pretty great. 

Since I barely see any reason in using Magnetized Discharge, I was thinking of a way to improve magnetizes only flaw with a rework for its augment. We all know Magnetize is extremely powerful, except for one little reason that stands on its path of destruction: obstacles. Anything between the enemy and the bubble is enough to block all explosion damage. So, I was thinking of an augment that could be called Magnetic Shockwave, which would ignore obstacles and deal the explosion damage to anything within its listed radius (mine being 42m currently). Of course, the explosion damage would be changed from Blast to Magnetic, as a way to compensate, since Magnetic damage is garbage.

Am 22.10.2018 um 19:58 schrieb Errodin:

What ... wait ...

some of your examples i dont agree with.

But in the concepts entirety "some" augments do need a rework.

support ash making ppl invincible sounds just as good as wukong and his stealthing imo~

basically agree, some augments really do need a rework.

lankas augment...limited to flying enemies...so sad....