Jump to content

Next prisma item idea


Lynxvall
 Share

Recommended Posts

One thing I like about warframe is the Prisma stuff, though they don't do anything they are a good way for players like me who don't like to or can't spend plat to earn nice, exotic items, and I think there should be more of this and or a potential way to make prisma stuff yourself like a archwing mission involving going into the void and collecting the prisma crystals and refining them, etc but that's off topic, next prisma item I'd like to see would be prisma avia, vetala and syrinx, another thing (off topic-ish) would be prisma infested though I know that may be a bit hard to do to a degree because it would kinda be a stretch lore wise, anyway, the reason I say this is because there are a few infested weapons I love to use and since there isn't a infested special line like Vandal and Wraith it should at least have a prisma, so if Caustacyst, Mire, Dual Toxocyst, Synapse, etc. got a prisma upgrade that would be amazing (also prisma Ether reaper but that's orokin not infested =P).

 

[IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE A JOKE PLEASE PUT "Joke:" CAUSE I FEEL STUPID TAKING THEM SERIOUSLY CAUSE OF FORUM BEHAVIOUR FROM OTHER SITES AND THIS SITE SOME TIMES]

Edited by Lynxvall
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Infirito said:

Nah, it'll be Prisma Plasma Sword and it'll be the very best melee in the game. ^_^

You know Plasma Sword is considered one of the WORST swords in warframe right? as in, people hate to use it, do me a favour get Lesion then tell me Plasma is the best, heck, you can even get Gram which is a much better weapon than Plasma sword.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FreeWilliam said:

Or the Prisma Cadus!

We got teased with a non-staff this last update, and it'd be nice to get an elemental-only staff to play with. 🙂

If your looking for a elemental only weapon have a look at Caucasyst, does corrosive only and can even make a pretty awesome trail of it, if only it slowed enemies down too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lynxvall said:

If your looking for a elemental only weapon have a look at Caucasyst, does corrosive only and can even make a pretty awesome trail of it, if only it slowed enemies down too.

It's one stance away from being a fun weapon, but scythe stances are HORRIBLE. 

Staves have Clashing Forest, which after Final Harbinger is the most mobile stance in the game. You can have Spin2Win level mobility while using combos rather than putting memeing strike on your build (yuk).

(We also just need more awesome stances) 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FreeWilliam said:

It's one stance away from being a fun weapon, but scythe stances are HORRIBLE. 

Staves have Clashing Forest, which after Final Harbinger is the most mobile stance in the game. You can have Spin2Win level mobility while using combos rather than putting memeing strike on your build (yuk).

(We also just need more awesome stances) 🙂

I agree, the scythe stance is pretty bad, same with the twin dagger stance I have but luckily they will add animation cancelling in melee 3.0 and most stance are getting changed from what I understand so now we will have directional stances for example, moving forward, fast and damaging, left and right spinning, backwards low damage stunning back flip most likely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lynxvall said:

You know Plasma Sword is considered one of the WORST swords in warframe right? as in, people hate to use it, do me a favour get Lesion then tell me Plasma is the best, heck, you can even get Gram which is a much better weapon than Plasma sword.

Yeah, that's the whole point, imagine how much it'll break everyone's brains if Prisma version of arguably the worst weapon in the game will become the best one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Infirito said:

Yeah, that's the whole point, imagine how much it'll break everyone's brains if Prisma version of arguably the worst weapon in the game will become the best one.

Again, used to taking people seriously lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lynxvall said:

Again, used to taking people seriously lol

Can't blame them though. The prime version of gram, the worst heavy blade in the game, is one of the best heavy blades in the game. 

Just wait till we get a primed machete. 

Edited by voltocitygel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, voltocitygel said:

Can't blame them though. The prime version of gram, the worst heavy blade in the game, is one of the best heavy blades in the game. 

Just wait till we get a primed machete. 

I don't know what your talking about with Gram being one of the worst heavy blades, I loved it (not joking) found it rather good, and machete (guessing this is a joke) can't be a prime anyway, it's Grineer, sure, Gazel machete could be, but again, dout it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lynxvall said:

since there isn't a infested special line like Vandal and Wraith

The Mutalist Quanta, Mutalist Cernos, and Paracyst would like to have a word with you. The same thing goes for all those Mutalist Ospreys and Mutalist Moas, in their wide varieties of colors and functions.

 

Oh, also Mutalist Alad V.

Edited by Axio.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Lynxvall said:

and machete (guessing this is a joke) can't be a prime anyway, it's Grineer, sure, Gazel machete could be, but again, dout it.

Pretty sure he just meant "a primed weapon from the machete class"

Candidates at the moment are Gazal Machete, Nami Solo, and single Kama.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Axio. said:

The Mutalist Quanta, Mutalist Cernos, and Paracyst would like to have a word with you. The same thing goes for all those Mutalist Ospreys and Mutalist Moas, in their wide varieties of colors and functions.

 

Oh, also Mutalist Alad V.

Mutalist isn't a special type mate, it's a variant not a special, wraith and vandal have something in common, a colour scheme that's always on a wraith weapon or a vandal weapon, with a unique physical attribute to it, like a new pattern, more glowing parts, etc, plus a increase in stats from the base weapon, sure mutalist cernos is different from cernos, but I'm talking about using something like Mutalist Cernos as a base weapon so we get something like a weapon series called Scourge so Scourge mutalist cernos, Scourge Paracyst, Scourge mutalist quanta, Scourge synapse, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Lynxvall said:

Mutalist isn't a special type mate, it's a variant not a special, wraith and vandal have something in common, a colour scheme that's always on a wraith weapon or a vandal weapon, with a unique physical attribute to it, like a new pattern, more glowing parts, etc, plus a increase in stats from the base weapon, sure mutalist cernos is different from cernos, but I'm talking about using something like Mutalist Cernos as a base weapon so we get something like a weapon series called Scourge so Scourge mutalist cernos, Scourge Paracyst, Scourge mutalist quanta, Scourge synapse, etc.

Well if you really want to dance, then by all means, let's dance.

The Dex (Lotus), Wraith (Grineer), Vandal (Corpus/Tenno), Prisma (Baro), Primed (Orokin), Mara (Corpus), and Syndicate (Syndicate) weapons are all made by sentient creatures. Now, I don't know if you've noticed or not, but the Infested are primarily a Hive Mind, and act particularly mindless, their goals are often limited to consumption, expansion, and assimilation. On top of that, who would create Infested Variants of weapons? The Operators are the only beings in the game's universe that can come into direct contact with the Infestation with no repercussions... And I don't know about your Operator, but every Operator that I've seen doesn't look like they'd be very good at smithing weapons. Scrawny af.

The Ostrons were terrified of the Infested Boil, and it keeps coming back, despite how many times we've dealt with it. I really don't think anyone on Earth or within the Syndicates would be willing to work with Infested materials... And you can't even automate the building process, since the Infestation would destroy the assembly line by infecting the machinery. 

So there are no beings in the game's Universe who would be willing to work with such a volatile and destructive material, outside of the Tenno, who are kind of busy saving the star system, and who don't seem like the smithing type. Even our Zaws are assembled by Hok after our Foundry crafts the pieces. Looking at this, it makes sense how there are none such weapons in existence. No one wants to make them, and no one can make them.

The Mutalist line is probably the closest thing we will get, due to what we can assume were chance accidents, along with perhaps one fortunate Tenno. Imagine what a stroke of luck it would be to find a Corpus weapon, tainted by the Infested, its functions changed, that doesn't want to kill you because it has no mouths or legs. And then imagine what a stroke of luck it would be to be able to reverse engineer that weapon in order to figure out how to make more

It's really quite a feat that we have those three Mutalist weapons at our disposal, honestly. And we should also be rather thankful that the Mutalist enemies are limited to Ospreys and Moas... Could you imagine a Mutalist Bursa? Nightmare fuel.

Edited by Axio.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Axio. said:

Well if you really want to dance, then by all means, let's dance.

The Dex (Lotus), Wraith (Grineer), Vandal (Corpus/Tenno), Prisma (Baro), Primed (Orokin), Mara (Corpus), and Syndicate (Syndicate) weapons are all made by sentient creatures. Now, I don't know if you've noticed or not, but the Infested are primarily a Hive Mind, and act particularly mindless, their goals are often limited to consumption, expansion, and assimilation. On top of that, who would create Infested Variants of weapons? The Operators are the only beings in the game's universe that can come into direct contact with the Infestation with no repercussions... And I don't know about your Operator, but every Operator that I've seen doesn't look like they'd be very good at smithing weapons. Scrawny af.

The Ostrons were terrified of the Infested Boil, and it keeps coming back, despite how many times we've dealt with it. I really don't think anyone on Earth or within the Syndicates would be willing to work with Infested materials... And you can't even automate the building process, since the Infestation would destroy the assembly line by infecting the machinery. 

So there are no beings in the game's Universe who would be willing to work with such a volatile and destructive material, outside of the Tenno, who are kind of busy saving the star system, and who don't seem like the smithing type. Even our Zaws are assembled by Hok after our Foundry crafts the pieces. Looking at this, it makes sense how there are none such weapons in existence. No one wants to make them, and no one can make them.

The Mutalist line is the closest thing we will get, due to what we can assume were chance accidents, along with perhaps one fortunate Tenno. Imagine what a stroke of luck it would be to find a Corpus weapon, tainted by the Infested, its functions changed, that doesn't want to kill you because it has no mouths or legs. And then imagine what a stroke of luck it would be to be able to reverse engineer that weapon in order to figure out how to make more

It's really quite a feat that we have the three Mutalist weapons at our Disposal, honestly. And we should also be rather thankful that the Mutalist enemies are limited to Ospreys and Moas... Could you imagine a Mutalist Bursa? Nightmare fuel.

Okay

A. You are making this a competition/debate/argument/what ever, that I don't want a part of.

B. I actually have thought about this and tenno still age (though slowly) so there COULD be a Tenno who had perfected their skill with weapon smithing and has started working with infestation, or scenario B would be Helminth could be used to make weapons as Helminth is their separate entity and seems to like the Tenno when in their warframes and not walking about so it could be possible that we manipulate Helminth to produce such weapons with that strange pod at the back as a interface unit, scenario C could be version of events but I'm not gonna go into details cause it's private so yeah, but Scenario D could be that the hive mind is willing to work with the Tenno against the threat to EVERYONE that is the sentient because they are indiscriminate and anything that even remotely has the stench of  the Orokin the detest.

C. The infestation gives off the impression of mindlessness and may act as a Hive mind but there are "special" cases where they aren't such beings for example, Alad the fifth (personal joke between me and my brother) who was allowed to be partially separate entity, so there could be a possibility that out there is a entity who has split off from the hive mind and now works on their own.

D. There are only a handful of people who can out Lore me so don't try mate, better for the post and our Rep with the dev's and moderators.

Edited by Lynxvall
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Lynxvall said:

Okay

A. You are making this a competition/slash/debate/argument/what ever that I don't want a part of.

B. I actually have thought about this and tenno still age (though slowly) so there COULD be a Tenno who had perfected their skill with weapon smithing and has started working with infestation, or scenario B would be Helminth could be used to make weapons as Helminth is their separate entity and seems to like the Tenno when in their warframes and not walking about so it could be possible that we manipulate Helminth to produce such weapons with that strange pod at the back as a interface unit, scenario C could be version of events but I'm not gonna go into details cause it's private so yeah, but Scenario D could be that the hive mind is willing to work with the Tenno against the threat to EVERYONE that is the sentient because they are indiscriminate and anything that even remotely has the stench of  the Orokin the detest.

C. The infestation gives off the impression of mindlessness and may act as a Hive mind but there are "special" cases where they aren't such beings for example, Alad the fifth (personal joke between me and my brother) who was allowed to be partially separate entity, so there could be a possibility that out there is a entity who has split off from the hive mind and now works on their own.

A. No. I said what I said in my first post because the answer was painfully obvious. Upon you telling me that my answer wasn't good enough, I pulled out all the stops, to explain why things wouldn't change, despite how you clarified the distinction between a "special type" and a "variant."

B.1: Helminth are every Warframe. The Helminth strain was created by the Orokin in order to turn ordinary humans, as well as other Orokin, into living weapons called Warframes in order to fight in the Old War against the Sentients. These living weapons were originally kept with their sanity somewhat intact, source being The Sacrifice, as well as Umbra, in order to be soldiers. When the Tenno were created by, and subsequently recovered from, the Derelict being lost in the Void, this sanity was no longer necessary due to the existence of Transference, by which a Tenno can "possess" a frame. This explains Helminth's fear of the Tenno, and it also explains why Helminth can infect the Warframes, when they are nearly immune to all other outside Infested influence (they can safely hold Infested weaponry, they can come into contact with environmental and aggressive Infestation with no adverse affects, etc.). That pod in the back is a life support system, meant to keep living sacrifices stable as they transformed into a war-doll for the Tenno to use. The chair is the device which infects the sacrifice, starting the transformation. We no longer need Helminth's transformative abilities, but they still keep the Orbiter habitable, as evidenced by Ordis' description of them upon first entering the room. Helminth are responsible for all "biological functions" of the Orbiter... Grim and vague, isn't it?

B.2/C: Helminth was made to convert living flesh into Warframes. It would probably take some serious Orokin technology and/or genetic know-how to be able to change their primary function into making weapons instead of frames. We don't even use them for anything other than the cyst at this point, and most of the Infested weaponry at our disposal comes from a Clan's BioLab. It wouldn't make much sense to change their function so drastically. The only non-Orokin who was able to pull this off was, surprise, surprise, Alad V, who turned into a deranged lunatic bent on cultivating the star system into, surprise, surprise, a hive mind. I don't think very many Tenno would be overly excited at the prospect of messing with Helminth's purpose, all things considered...

D. I'm sorry if I sound aggressive or standoff-ish, I mean no disrespect. It's just the tone I take when I'm trying to convey my ideas clearly.

Edited by Axio.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...