Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are people so against riven disposition changes?

(PSN)randy_lahey__--

I get that having your riven nerfed would suck, but what the community isn't relizing is that there would be a ton of new rivens buffed. Like there are so many new weapons with a 3 star disposition that are never used and should be 5 star. Makes me really angry how the community doesn't want these weapons to be brought up to the power level they should be. Your tiberon is going to still wreck with a 2 star disposition riven.

People (for whatever reason) are buying/selling rivens for over 1000p. All of a sudden the disposition changes and now their pricey riven is objectively worse than when they bought it. That's why people don't want a disposition change.

I, on the other hand, welcome a disposition change. I can't wait when we finally get one and the whole riven system drowns in the tears of crying players.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Kaotyke:

$$$

pretty much this. some ppl cant get enough. already sitting on multiple 100k of plat and still not having enough for whatever reason they need it...

most weapons wouldnt even require a big dispo change, sometimes it wouldnt even change the 4/5 for example so its pointless to make such a small balance change anyway and those with a mattering disposition like tiberon arent seen too often. at least i dont see it as often as i expected with that dispo, same goes for sicarus prime or the new gram prime. there are other weapons way more popular....arca plasmor i see so often its already growing annoying. the weapons for which a real dispo change would be legit arent all that common still so in the end its not too important. gram is one case where i would agree with a dispo nerf, sicarus...well, opinion, same goes for tiberon. i dont see both all that often so...on the other hand i can think of more than 2 weapons which really need a dispo buff, actually.

If they did this regularly, then it would have been fine.  It would also probably stabilize the riven market instead of the insane prices we see today, but they waited too long and now the pain point is going to be too great.  They'll have to figure something else out or piss of a ton of folks which may cost them $$ and player faith.  They keep mentioning that they need to look at  them, but haven't done anything, and the longer they wait the worse it is.

I personally don't buy Rivens over 100p, so I welcome a change as well.

4 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

pretty much this. some ppl cant get enough. already sitting on multiple 100k of plat and still not having enough for whatever reason they need it...

most weapons wouldnt even require a big dispo change, sometimes it wouldnt even change the 4/5 for example so its pointless to make such a small balance change anyway and those with a mattering disposition like tiberon arent seen too often. at least i dont see it as often as i expected with that dispo, same goes for sicarus prime or the new gram prime. there are other weapons way more popular....arca plasmor i see so often its already growing annoying. the weapons for which a real dispo change would be legit arent all that common still so in the end its not too important. gram is one case where i would agree with a dispo nerf, sicarus...well, opinion, same goes for tiberon. i dont see both all that often so...on the other hand i can think of more than 2 weapons which really need a dispo buff, actually.

Ya I guess not many weapons will change, but I still think they should change them because that's how the riven system was always supposed to work. It would not be much effort for de to change them. The forums would just be toxic for a few weeks, or months.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)randy_lahey__-- said:

I get that having your riven nerfed would suck, but what the community isn't relizing is that there would be a ton of new rivens buffed. Like there are so many new weapons with a 3 star disposition that are never used and should be 5 star. Makes me really angry how the community doesn't want these weapons to be brought up to the power level they should be. Your tiberon is going to still wreck with a 2 star disposition riven.

Considering that last major Riven pass only resulted in nerfs, considering that any would be buffed is rather optimistic. This combined with the limited spaces for them which forces only keeping a few particular rivens; having to spend increasing amounts of a rare resource to gamble for usable stats; and the disposition making heavily used weapons like the Marelok, Soma, and Galatine series riven boosts so small that they are hardly worth the effort it presents a situation where it can always get worse but not easily get better. The disposition itself is set by popularity or how much the weapons are used; while no new weapon released since Plains has been more than a 3 disposition out the door, since it needs usage stats to determine their new dispositions among the common usage. Consider that Soma again, its disposition is tiny, but isn't as heavily used today as it was two years ago. That means that such a usage drop hasn't changed it much if at all according to the usage stats that DE uses, or that it looks at a larger range than players previously expected. I find being angry at others, particularly the majority of players disagreeing with the opinion of a minority somewhat odd, if not petty.

people dont like when their toys get "nerfed" 

tbh so many people ive seen depend on riven to do their job for them so their weapons are just kill everything all comes down to what "skin" they want to kill things with 

id just bite the bullet and back lash and outright remove them their not doing the job de intended them to do it was broken on arrival and only made op weapons more op 

5 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Considering that last major Riven pass only resulted in nerfs, considering that any would be buffed is rather optimistic. This combined with the limited spaces for them which forces only keeping a few particular rivens; having to spend increasing amounts of a rare resource to gamble for usable stats; and the disposition making heavily used weapons like the Marelok, Soma, and Galatine series riven boosts so small that they are hardly worth the effort it presents a situation where it can always get worse but not easily get better. The disposition itself is set by popularity or how much the weapons are used; while no new weapon released since Plains has been more than a 3 disposition out the door, since it needs usage stats to determine their new dispositions among the common usage. Consider that Soma again, its disposition is tiny, but isn't as heavily used today as it was two years ago. That means that such a usage drop hasn't changed it much if at all according to the usage stats that DE uses, or that it looks at a larger range than players previously expected. I find being angry at others, particularly the majority of players disagreeing with the opinion of a minority somewhat odd, if not petty.

It doesn't make any sense that there based off popularity from a year ago. I guess it's to much to expect de to implement systems like they said they would. 

You all do understand that Riven disposition is tied to the popularity of the weapons right? The riven system literally rewards you for keeping your mouth shut so that your weapon does not become popular. Here's an idea, stop posting "Look at me and my build" if you don't want your build, and the 1000+ other copies of the same build, out there "Nerfd".

2 minutes ago, (PS4)randy_lahey__-- said:

I guess it's to much to expect de to implement systems like they said they would. 

DE has said that they are going to change the dispositions. Of course, they did not say when (hopefully they will do it this year). We could just pretend that it takes so long because the usage stats have not changed enough to affect disposition...

I for one want a disposition rebalance. I do not particularly care for rivens (DE seems to have given up on them), but it will be funny if all the expensive rivens get nerfed to the ground.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)randy_lahey__-- said:

It doesn't make any sense that there based off popularity from a year ago. I guess it's to much to expect de to implement systems like they said they would. 

i dont deal in rivens so i cant draw absolutes

but what i would do is have a bot look at the % of weapons used in the past 2 weeks since de has the data to begin with and then raise and lower disposition based on thresholds in % used 

80+ to 100% > 1 

60+ to 80% > 2

40+ to 60% > 3 

20+ to 40% > 4

0+ to 20% > 5

since 100 / 5 is 20 i just made the disposition ranks based on 20s rough explanation 

Because people don't want their meta weapons rivens disposition to get nerfed into the ground like they deserve. In my opinion disposition should be automatically updated monthly(bimonthly or quarterly or whatever, but semi-regularly), based on the community usage % for the respective weapon. Maybe instead of time periods just add it in to regular updates and hotfixes (be it every one or just around that time), so not to have to update the game for them. 

But it was indicated from the beginning that riven dispositions would change, and in my opinion, they aren't changing fast enough. Have it auto update dispositions on every update, hotfix, or whatever. But it should change regularly to keep its intended purpose intact. 

39 minutes ago, (PS4)randy_lahey__-- said:

Rivens are fundamentally broken and horrible design. They should never have been added in the first place. If they change dispositions now then they are just gonna break in a different way. There is no way and that they are gonna get the dispositions right with how many weapons we have now. Not to mention that the riven market is a nightmare. What do you think will happen to rivens like lanka that already sell for absurd amounts like 4k plat when the disposition gets nerfed and now you have a bunch of players with the old high stat rivens that you can't get anymore?

Just now, Betsill said:

Rivens are fundamentally broken and horrible design. They should never have been added in the first place. If they change dispositions now then they are just gonna break in a different way. There is no way and that they are gonna get the dispositions right with how many weapons we have now. Not to mention that the riven market is a nightmare. What do you think will happen to rivens like lanka that already sell for absurd amounts like 4k plat when the disposition gets nerfed and now you have a bunch of players with the old high stat rivens that you can't get anymore?

That's the thing. To my understanding, existing rivens stats are reduced if the disposition changes. So instead of getting, say, 100% bonus damage, they get 50% if the disposition is halved. It's not an exact science, but you get my point?

2 minutes ago, Betsill said:

nerfed and now you have a bunch of players with the old high stat rivens that you can't get anymore?

You are mistaken in how this will work. If DE changes dispositions ALL existing rivens will be changed. We do not get to keep the old variant.

1 minute ago, Betsill said:

rivens wouldn't be grandfathered so the people with the old rivens would be nerfed into the ground. nerfing dispostions would also stablize the market cause no one will spend 5k plat on something that could become useless next patch

1 minute ago, stormy505 said:

rivens wouldn't be grandfathered so the people with the old rivens would be nerfed into the ground. nerfing dispostions would also stablize the market cause no one will spend 5k plat on something that could become useless next patch

it would also help fix the charge back problems every now and then since rivens have almost become the center point as to why it happens 

I hope we'll see a disposition shift for both ranged and melee weapons when melee 3.0 goes live, or with fortuna when they are going to introduce new rivens anyways for the kit guns.

They need to balance it some day, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Edited by SneakyErvin

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I hope we'll see a disposition shift for both ranged and melee weapons when melee 3.0 goes live, or with fortuna when they are going to introduce new rivens anyways for the kit guns.

They need to balance it some day, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Yep. And the balance of disposition needs to happen at regular intervals. It's not just a one and done. 

34 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

There is no way they would nerf already existing rivens. There would be riots. Oh you just bought a 5k riven, well now it's stats are reduced by 80% good luck! What they would do if they did anything would be to reduce the disposition, but leave it's current stats. So people will have their old disposition stats, but any new rolls would be rolled at the new disposition.

Edited by Betsill

2 minutes ago, Betsill said:

There is no way they would nerf already existing rivens. DE has always grandfathered in stuff like this. There would be riots. Oh you just bought a 5k riven, well now it's stats are reduced by 80% good luck! What they would do if they did anything would be to reduce the disposition, but leave it's current stats. So people will have their old disposition stats, but any new rolls would be rolled at the new disposition.

That would defeat the purpose of rebalancing rivens since the idea is weak weapons getting stronger and strong weapons getting weaker. if you spent 5k plat on a riven well boo hoo for you but de said they would rebalance rivens so there not to blame

20 minutes ago, voltocitygel said:

Yep. And the balance of disposition needs to happen at regular intervals. It's not just a one and done. 

I wouldnt mind once per quarter or so. Unless of course they can get the riven dispo and weapons in decent balance so all weapons become fairly equal when a riven is used.

6 minutes ago, Betsill said:

There is no way they would nerf already existing rivens. There would be riots. Oh you just bought a 5k riven, well now it's stats are reduced by 80% good luck! What they would do if they did anything would be to reduce the disposition, but leave it's current stats. So people will have their old disposition stats, but any new rolls would be rolled at the new disposition.

But they did it before when they reduced the stats for tonkor and soma, granted back then it was quite quick and not many good tonkor or soma rivens existed and prices were not as outrageous as for lanka.

I still fully expect them to trash the people that bought rivens for 4k-10k plat, sucks to be power hungry. 😂