Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are people so against riven disposition changes?

(PSN)randy_lahey__--

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Because they no longer follow their design intent?

Because weapons that could actually use Rivens have stupidly low dispositions, whilst blatant powercreep has high dispositions making them more creepy?

Because the games balance would actually be better off without them in their current state?

Because DE have admitted dropping the ball when it comes to them, and it's always good to see people actually doing something after such a statement?

Why am I not surprised to see you implying that my argument is going to be about tradechat. That's what, a preemptive strawman?

We know how I feel about your strawman arguments.

oh....you. i regret replying. are we going to do this "strawman, debate 101" thing again.bye. ill agree to disagree with you.

7 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

oh....you. i regret replying. are we going to do this "strawman, debate 101" thing again.bye. ill agree to disagree with you.

Could have just said you don't actually have an argument. 

Sends the same message without the veiled insult. 

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Hypernaut1:

why does disposition need to be messed with right now? Because of trade chat prices?

They are a mess right now, they need to be the way they were intended to be, but we should be real now, DE has no intention to do so.

They change one riven disposition every now and then when a new prime weapon releases, but that´s it.

32 minutes ago, (XB1)Dex Xean said:

But that's the point from the person I quoted its unpopular so it should get a higher disposition even if you still won't use it rivens were meant as a incentive.

No argument for me on that point.  I am in favor of routine disposition updates.  I consider keeping a riven based on whether l like the weapon, not because it has good disposition.  I usually trick out (catalysis and forma) my primes too.  I just found the spira prime too silly to bother with yet.  Maybe after another dozen catalyses come my way, but no plans even if it had the 4/5 disposition it probably should have.

Edited by Saturmorn_Carvilli

I haven’t really used rivens, though if it brings a flood of platinum to the market it means two things; people are spending money and people are playing the game to farm rivens. 

Both of these things mean the game will be around for a long time to come. 

2 hours ago, Betsill said:

Rivens take up most of the market now. Removing them would make selling other stuff easier. Rivens are getting worse because the longer they are tradable the more people you have that are spending massive amounts of plat on them. If you stop them from being tradable no one loses(at worse you just can't gain plat from them). Everyone will still have the rivens they bought and even though you can't sell them anymore, you still have them and can do what you want otherwise. Over time people will start to forget about how much plat they were and they begin to be far less polarizing and toxic of a game mechanic. People won't be able to invest nearly as much as they can now, so it will lessen the blow if DE takes any further action with them.

In that regard, filters are very useful if you don't want to see rivens. That is something one can do without any change to rivens and likely afterwards.

52 minutes ago, (XB1)Dex Xean said:

Problem is something like spira prime isn't use a lot either but it's a one disposition.

yeah, there is sadly that kind of things, too. for exemple i can udnerstand why Tiberon have 4 disposition, even if really powerful. i almost never see a Tiberon. and i wonder why, it's freaking amazing.

where you see guns like Soma that, even if still underrated and pretty good weapon, is nowhere as used as how it was when i first picked it up, two years ago. and yet, look at this disposition.. yeah, some stuff have to change in the Riven Kingdom 😕 

vor 46 Minuten schrieb Sakotsuwari:

I haven’t really used rivens, though if it brings a flood of platinum to the market it means two things; people are spending money and people are playing the game to farm rivens. 

Both of these things mean the game will be around for a long time to come. 

Yes and no, just because someone is selling alot of items, be it prime or riven, doesn´t mean they are spending it on the ingame market. And if the platinum is just handed from one person to another won´t earn DE anything.

25 minutes ago, mikakor said:

yeah, there is sadly that kind of things, too. for exemple i can udnerstand why Tiberon have 4 disposition, even if really powerful. i almost never see a Tiberon. and i wonder why, it's freaking amazing.

How much time do you spend doing PoE bounties?  The Tiberon Prime is my weapon of choice for the upper tier bounties where my Argonak just won't cut it anymore.

3 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

-snip-

Welcome to the Warframe community.

Nerf herding is here is fairly constant so it's just Rivens turn for the limelight again this month

...There better question is, What it will be next month?

As to the rest of your OP...It's all subjective.

The only rivens I would want are for weapons that I love or are underliers performance wise. 

...So I only fall into the category that doesn't exist according to you.

14 minutes ago, Saturmorn_Carvilli said:

How much time do you spend doing PoE bounties?  The Tiberon Prime is my weapon of choice for the upper tier bounties where my Argonak just won't cut it anymore.

no time at all, but i might go back to it soon because i miss a Gara piece. but outside POE, i really don't see Tiberon that often. go make a few mission and count the number of time you see a Tiberon, with the number of people using it in your squad, for like... 10 missions? will be interesting.

and that the only ability you use your DAMN HUGE CLAWS if the first, and that's it. i mean, really using it. it's a so huge part of her design, but you only use it for one thing, making me sad.

Edited by mikakor

Just now, mikakor said:

no time at all, but i might go back to it soon because i miss a Gara piece. but outside POE, i really don't see Tiberon that often. go make a few mission and count the number of time you see a Tiberon, with the number of people using it in your squad, for like... 10 missions? will be interesting.

I wouldn't to expect to see it that often in normal missions.  It is a medium-long, low RoF semi/burst/auto rifle in a game primarily where the enemy engage us at close range, in tight areas en masse.  Those conditions don't favor the Tiberon over a shotgun, SMG or even an assault rifle with a higher RoF even if it is very good.

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Because they haven’t been rebalanced in over a year. Giving top tier weapons 5 disposition and even furthering the power gap between the weapons.

I know right!?!  I was in Conclave the other day and this guy had an OVERPOWERED weap.....wait a sec.  Oh yeah.  No I wasn't.  Nobody PvPs in this game. 

The weapon power of your neighbor means jack sh*t and is irrelevant to your gaming experience.  You shouldn't even care.  

Someone in a mission gets more kills than you, and you're mad?  Your group cleared the mission.  Why u mad?  

Do you really think if they rebalance Rivens, that every single person is going to stop using Tigris Prime or Arca Plasmor?  Please.

Edited by AlMcFly

5 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

I know right!?!  I was in Conclave the other day and this guy had an OVERPOWERED weap.....wait a sec.  Oh yeah.  No I wasn't.  Nobody PvPs in this game. 

The weapon power of your neighbor means jack sh*t and is irrelevant to your gaming experience.  You shouldn't even care.  

Someone in a mission gets more kills than you, and you're mad?  Your group cleared the mission.  Why u mad?  

Do you really think if they rebalance Rivens, that every single person is going to stop using Tigris Prime or Arca Plasmor?  Please.

PvE or not, I don't play Warframe just for the virtual loots and the non-accomplishment of participating in a mission.  I want to actively contribute to the success of the mission (at least most of the time).  I don't play to be carried.

Now, to be clear am I usually not a 3rd wheel in most missions and can keep up and do my part even when I am running something less than optimal next to someone running very optimal gear.  So I don't think the balance wheels have completely come of the game here.  But I think this is a wrong mindset to say if the rest of the squad, or even one player, completely dominates every mission you take part in, it has no affect on your gaming experience.  It most certainly does, much in the same way bustin' noobs in PvP games does.  I don't go down the Venus or Mercury with my crazy OP gear to hog all the glory from starter mission with new players.  It is a waste of my and their time.  But like I said, before you mention solo/recruit I don't think Warframe is at the point anyways.

No, I don't think players are going to stop using those weapons.  They are good even without rivens more most of Warframe's game content (well the Tigris Prime less so these days).  What I am interested in is maybe shaking up the meta a little bit to freshen the game with weapons that could see more play with the little more umpf that a good riven with a high disposition could give.  At the same time, I could handle seeing a little less of the common standby riven-made great weapons out there too (few as they maybe). 

50 minutes ago, Saturmorn_Carvilli said:

i find that ANYTHING is effective in PoE bounties. I wont even check the mods on my weapon sometimes going into one. The Meta is definitely not a problem there.

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

i find that ANYTHING is effective in PoE bounties. I wont even check the mods on my weapon sometimes going into one. The Meta is definitely not a problem there.

I just saying that PoE favors medium to long range weapons where RoF isn't a big concern.  Weapons like Sybaris, Tiberon, Zenith and Argonak work better there than they do in more traditional Warframe content since enemies engage at longer range and are more spread out.  I am not saying the content there is all that difficult if you have been playing Warframe for a while.

A lot of opinions have been said in an older thread:

Sadly I don't think DE will do anything for a while.  As long as people keep charging thousands of platinum for "meta" rivens (amazing weapons with good dispositions) I don't think they will want to disrupt whatever generates them money.

Edited by Omega