Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A compound bow for warframe

(XBOX)SilverSurferGuy

As an archer in real life who loves compound bows, I’m surprised we haven’t seen a compound bow in the game yet. I could easily see them implemented as a new class of bows altogether; especially with a Grineer design theme. They can be slower on the draw but are more accurate, faster and hit harder. And since I’m talking about bows I’ve also been thinking about the idea of crafting our own bows and arrows. It would work just like zaws. The components of both the bow and arrows contribute to the stats as a whole, so if you liked the bow itself but the not arrows you’d have to craft an entire new weapon. I’ve thought of a corpus compound bow concept as well but I think that’ll be for another post. Just something for any bow enthusiasts out there 😜

On 2018-10-22 at 7:26 PM, (XB1)SilverSurferGuy said:

can be slower on the draw but are more accurate, faster and hit harder. 

Bows don't really work - you have lots of enemies, and RNG status/crit that means lots of rolls are always more consistent than one big one. 

For high damage bows the Lenz works, but it's massive damage AoE. It's hard to see any bow being worthwhile without something like that. I mean, you can make the Dread kill anything with a red crit headshot, but with a shotgun I can kill everything either side and probably everything behind them too.

I'm not sure how to fix that, maybe insane status (over 60%) with Slash and Corrosive built in would do it.

Compound bows could be cool.

At first, the cernos looked to me like one based on its design, then i saw that it didn't have any actual.... compound-ness(I don't know the technical terms, i'm more of a sword guy with archery on the side). The paris is hinted at kind of being a compound bow, but not in the traditional sense; working with a bow in conjunction with railgun principles (electromagnetic acceleration).

Edited by voltocitygel