Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nunchaku Weapons: Need More of Them Plus Stances

GkarB5

On 2019-01-22 at 4:19 PM, (XB1)KayAitch said:

I think this is because nobody uses them, and that in turn is because they just aren't very good.

They hit one enemy, at very close range, not particularly fast and with mediocre status/crit. I'm sure you can use them and they look cool, but you'll kill more enemies quicker with just about any other weapon. Even the one and only warfan in the game is more effective.

However, I agree, I'd rather level another one of these over yet another dual sword (stop with the dual swords already). However for it to not be MR fodder it needs something to make it worthwhile.

On the plus side Melee 3 is coming, and with it a weapon balance pass and Reach mods changed to an amount rather than a %, which will hurt whips (they can currently hit past shotgun range) but maybe make nunchaku viable.

I enjoy using the Ninkondi & the Shaku quite a lot.   After Melee 3.0, a double-nunchaku version & more stances could make this weapon type even better than it is now.

Also, a 3-section staff is essentially a nunchaku with 3 stick sections instead of 2.  This would allow for more reach than a nunchaku.

Thank you very much for your comments!