Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Custom melee finishers

voltocitygel

A recent bug where all melee weapons defaulted to nikana finishers inspired this.

what if we could customize our melee weapons to use finishers of a different melee class? It could result in wonky and goofy animation in some cases, but I see that as amusing.

for example, I like frontal glaive finishers and rear nikana finishers. If we could equip those on any weapon, I'd go with, say, a longsword. You get the picture right? I'd totally pay platinum for this. 

Maybe even include/allow some bladed ranged weapons to be used when you perform a finisher without your melee equipped. Like with the akjaguara, you could stab them with the blades, or if you're using a bow, stab them with the arrow. It would be purely visual, but I think it would be super fun to mess around with. 

On 2018-10-22 at 3:51 PM, voltocitygel said:

I see that as amusing.

Cut to endless whining about how X weapon that was never intended to be used with Y animation clips really badly and how DE has released this awful assault on players.

DE isn't going to release something that isn't even trying not to have issues.

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Cut to endless whining about how X weapon that was never intended to be used with Y animation clips really badly and how DE has released this awful assault on players.

DE isn't going to release something that isn't even trying not to have issues.

I mean, fair enough (you are of course entitled to your own opinion), but it's not like custom melee holstering is perfect either. The idea is custom player experience. I know some people whine about it but you can easily avoid it with, say, your own choices. Besides:

Most finishers are at least mostly compatible with most other weapon types. The exceptions are gunblade frontal finishers, but remove the firing effect and with swords / heavy blades it'd appear to be a riposte. Heavy blade and longsword animations could work well swapped. Heck, rapiers too. Most swords can be used in the style of another, even if it's not the most effective. Minus the scindo. I think it'd be difficult to stab someone through with it. Glaive animations would work with most other short bladed weapons, like daggers and gunblades. same with daggers and dual daggers. There's a lot of potential here, not that it would be a small amount of work to pull off well. And in the end, you could always stick with the default. just because there is a customization option doesn't mean you have to use it. (if you feel otherwise you probably have some form of OCD...)