Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Reward Weapons Restoration

Joe_Barbarian

I've already made a thread over in feedback about this idea but seeing as General Discussion gets more traffic I'm hoping to get support for this idea here and then pester a moderator to merge them 😛

So this won't be impacting a lot of players but I'd like to see once you have unlocked a login reward weapon that it's available on the market for platinum. I sold my Azima not actually realising it was a login reward weapon or even exploring the weapon at all, I must has needed the weapon slot at the time. The only window of opportunity you get to get the weapon back is within a 1 week time frame which in my case wasn't enough time to realise the significance of the weapon at hand.

Seeing as the original guidelines to get items sold back were written back in 2013 and when the game was still in beta. I believe it is now a good time to be able to offer players such as myself that has mistakenly sold login reward weapons an option to get it back even if it is at the cost of platinum.

Additional notes:
I believe that buying additional login reward weapons at the cost of platinum won't change the way a player will use said weapon in gameplay, it would act as an additional platinum sink for players as well as another weapon to forma as this will give players who have already unlocked said weapon more options.

Currently I don't see any concerns that could arise from this being an option however I may be too narrow minded about this and would welcome constructive criticism about any possible negative impact on the game if this was to become implemented within the game.

Edited by Joe_Barbarian

I think you have the right idea; I sold my broken scepter a while back and would like to have it back for the sake of completing my arsenal. I wouldn't be against spending a bit of platinum for it, but having a blueprint available for it would also be nice.

4 minutes ago, Valmarr said:

I think you have the right idea; I sold my broken scepter a while back and would like to have it back for the sake of completing my arsenal. I wouldn't be against spending a bit of platinum for it, but having a blueprint available for it would also be nice.

Yup someone mentioned that space dad should sell the blueprints which is a great idea as well.

Been saying the same thing for a small forever, if for nothing more than to save Support some daily headache.

I'd probably have them available as blueprints for credits as well as plat. 

The only possible scenario I could see them maybe being concerned about would be some glitch that might expose the store options to everyone regardless of their qualifications. Outside of that I really don't understand why this hasn't been implemented in some capacity. 

As long as they're only available for purchase after having earned one in the first place I don't see any issue.

Also post these threads in feedback regardless. The point of feedback is for it to reach the devs, not players. Even if the devs read the general forums they're far more likely to go to the Feedback section to find feedback.

2 hours ago, Valmarr said:

You can ask Support.

They will just see you have TWW completed and give it to you. Likely with no Catalyst, Forma or weapon slot, but they might put it back.

1 hour ago, trst said:

As long as they're only available for purchase after having earned one in the first place I don't see any issue.

Also post these threads in feedback regardless. The point of feedback is for it to reach the devs, not players. Even if the devs read the general forums they're far more likely to go to the Feedback section to find feedback.

Read literally the first 11 words of the post.

39 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

You can ask Support.

They will just see you have TWW completed and give it to you. Likely with no Catalyst, Forma or weapon slot, but they might put it back.

Going by a lot of people have been saying support tell you go refer to this. Which is over 5 years old and we're not in beta anymore so DE should make an effort to restore such items

34 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Going by a lot of people have been saying support tell you go refer to this. Which is over 5 years old and we're not in beta anymore so DE should make an effort to restore such items

Change the language in the lancher and it still asks you to agree with the Open Beta Agreedment.

14 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Change the language in the lancher and it still asks you to agree with the Open Beta Agreedment.

Upon doing some research about if warframe is in beta I stand corrected technically Warframe is still in beta however DE has acknowledged they are making a farce of it and have no intention of doing a official launch of the game. But that is for another thread, I guess so I'll rephrase, Warframe is in a difference place than it was over 5 years ago.