Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back Events as Quests

MysticDragonMage

DKDiamantes, a warframe youtuber, has recently made a video concerning the great amount of flaws in Warframe's story in the perspective of new players who did not participate in story progressive events.

Spoiler

his solution is to bring back old story progressive events and implement them to the arcade mode with different difficulty levels and scaling rewards, so that both new players and vets can enjoy the content.

The Cicero Crisis, False Profit, Tubemen of Regor, Shadow Dept, Rathuum, and Ambulus Reborn; these are the limited time events that introduce a lot of world building in warframe. because they are no longer available, new players have no idea how to put together the world of warframe and are lost until they turn to the wiki. i understand that there are more events, but these are the ones that i feel have the most impact on the game's world.

while i do like DK's solution, i personally think that a solution to this needs to be more simple. im sorry if it sounds odd that i want to think of a solution mainly for a new player audience, or players that could not participate in these events. meaning that the rewards will be minor and the replay-ability only depends on if you liked the playing these events.

i think that these events should be re-introduced as quests.

starting with the Cicero Crisis, this event introduced the terrors that Vey Hek could bestow. as a quest, it would be unlocked after Vor's Prize, since it is an earth mission and introduces one of the games earliest boss fights. False Profit profit introduces Nef Anyo. as a quest would be unlocked after completing the Cicero Crisis since Fortuna is going to feature Nef Anyo. Tubement of Regor would be available after completing Patient Zero. shadow dept would be available after completing Tubemen of Regor. Ambulus Reborn would be available after completing the Pluto Junction on Neptune. finally, Rathuum would be available after completing the Sedna Junktion on Pluto.

I am not saying to bring back these events exactly how they were when they were active back then. dumb them down a bit so that they can be played solo with any frame if necessary. there would be no scoring or scaling reward either, but i do expect them to have minor rewards just like any other quest completion.

i am, however, up for whatever can make reintroducing these quests more interesting for both a new and vet audience suggested by DK, so long as they are re-introduced.

so why should each of these events be brought back?

Cicero Crisis: this event properly introduced one the game's reoccurring character's, Vey Hek. this event presented a good idea of Vey Hek's character, that if there is a problem, destroy it completely by all means necessary and rebuild a new foundation. probably the earliest encounters you see Vey Hek is his actual boss fight or the plague star event.

False Profit: like the Cicero Crisis, this event introduced Nef Anyo while also presenting a good idea of his character. any simple mind would give anything for a profit.

Tubmen of Regor and Shadow dept: Alad V has become a reoccurring character in the world and has evolved. the problem is, players who have participated in the events are the only ones who see how he has changed or why he has such a big role in some quests.

Ambulus Reborn: the game has some in-game dialog that is just confusing when you capture your first Ambulus on pluto. are new players supposed to know this Frohd Bek guy? why is Glast involved? what are these beacons supposed to do?

Rathuum: like Cicero and Profit, this event properly introduces Kela De Thaym's character. introducing this event as a quest would also give us a good steel meridian quest.

Edited by MysticDragonMage
why introduce specifically these events as quests?

yes agreed, warframe should have a storied mode or lore linking mode for new players that missed or wasn't around to know what is what. it can be a syndicate/simaris thing or even a new character in POE going over past historical points in the origin system or a dream quest.

As I commented on DK's video I totally agree with the idea of turning those events into mini quests placed on their correct time-line. I started about a year ago with POE when all those events had already come and gone never to return and I was really confused about the order of events. E. G. I played the second dream before getting to eris and I had absolutely no idea why Alad V was helping us and why we were friends now when just a few planets ago we were at war. I had to piece it together from YouTube videos and the wiki and I'm sure I'm still missing stuff. That is a great shame in my humble opinion because the lore and storyline of warframe is rich, interesting and a great asset to hook players in. 

The Devs have said they would bring them back when they get to it. Having someone tell them they need to do what they have said they will do is becoming a bit annoying as of late. 

Do the players think DE is sitting in the office and playing pong or Destiny while the players burn through the latest stuff to utter the words "bored now"?

I presume they have a plan of what they want to go get to us but have to work on it, deal with the technical and software issues, go home and have a life with their family, and still do things for the game. The game is moving forward and it is a trial to do all that has come before as well as feed the masses and keep the lights on in house and studio. 

It would be AMAZING to do the prior events and one day, we will get it. Relax. It will be here soon or late. 

hace 16 horas, (XB1)DShinShoryuken dijo:

The Devs have said they would bring them back when they get to it. Having someone tell them they need to do what they have said they will do is becoming a bit annoying as of late. 

I belive the point of the thread is not just bringing the events back, the point is turning them into quests and leaving them accessible in game permanently. This way any player who hasn't played them can do it in a sensible order and understand the story line. It's not pressure for them to do it earlier but the suggestion of doing that instead of creating a new cycle that inevitably will end up in a new generation of players in the same spot further down the line. 

Agreed.

And sort of off track, but does anyone have any suggestions on where to read up on lore/story? Something that could serve as both a recap and fill in the gaps of what I missed? I haven't played for a year and I'm about to do The Sacrifice, so if anyone has suggestions on any up-to-date lore video/sources, it'd be greatly appreciated!

23 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

Agreed.

And sort of off track, but does anyone have any suggestions on where to read up on lore/story? Something that could serve as both a recap and fill in the gaps of what I missed? I haven't played for a year and I'm about to do The Sacrifice, so if anyone has suggestions on any up-to-date lore video/sources, it'd be greatly appreciated!

for world building, my suggestion is to simply look up "warframe events" on the wiki and see the events that you see mentioned here. on the bottom of each event page, there is a list of the events and the update they were introduced.

other than that, look for and scan Cephalon fragments in game to get some very detailed lore within your codex. TIP: bring loot radar mods to display blue icons on your mini-map to find Cephalon Fragments a lot faster.

Edited by MysticDragonMage