Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Focus School directly from Arsenal good but needs to be in Warframe configuration slots

Educated_Beast

https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/1054386902810284033?s=09

So I just saw the tweet in title.  While I think it's great DE is giving us quality of life improvements (it will make it easier to swap), we do not need focus school here. 

We need it inside the Warframe mod screen so we can set it by configuration A, B, C.  for most builds, I'll run zenerrik but there are some I prefer multiple schools on the same frame.  For example, a melee volt works great with naramon, caster volt zenerrik, while edilon hunt volt maudari.  

I'd like to set my school per the mod build configuration, then forget about it.  When I start a mission, I just need to swap configuration.  

What would go great in the existing location focus school is planned, is a syndicate drop down list to select what syndicate you are currently supporting.

Not only is it more realistic that we state who we support (versus wear it and everyone who saw you died), I hate hiding ugly sigils and being forced to wear the 15% sigil while there are many nice options. Make all sigils cosmetic and let us pick our syndicate here (on main arsenal screen).  The percent bonus will be based on existing rank with that syndicate.

Edited by Educated_Beast

30 minutes ago, seprent said:

so different configurations have different focus schools on them? 

sounds good to me they might already be doing that 

No, that's my suggestion.  I can't figure out how to link the picture from Twitter, but they basically are adding a focus selector tab right under gear / emotes.

That is much better, but not what we need.  We need to be able to save schools to warframes so we can take advantage of multiple schools.  

Placing a syndicate selector tab in that spot would be wonderful.  I linked the tweet if you can see that.

Edited by Educated_Beast

15 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

set my school per the mod build configuration, then forget about it.  When I start a mission, I just need to swap configuration.

This is what loadouts are for. Your suggestion is turning mod configs into loadout slots.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-10-23 at 10:56 AM, peterc3 said:

This is what loadouts are for. Your suggestion is turning mod configs into loadout slots.

When you have all frames and they are playable builds, that is what load out slots are for.  I don't want multiple builds of the same frame taking up different load out slots!

It would be much more efficient to place operator school in Warframe configuration slots.  The same frame can be optimized for multiple schools depending on objective. 

There is not enough load out slots as it is and they cannot be sorted in any reasonable manner (i.e. alphabetically) .  Placing schools on configuration tab will be useful to everyone, new and old players.

Edited by Educated_Beast

On 2018-10-22 at 7:13 PM, Educated_Beast said:

https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/1054386902810284033?s=09

So I just saw the tweet in title.  While I think it's great DE is giving us quality of life improvements (it will make it easier to swap), we do not need focus school here. 

We need it inside the Warframe mod screen so we can set it by configuration A, B, C.  for most builds, I'll run zenerrik but there are some I prefer multiple schools on the same frame.  For example, a melee volt works great with naramon, caster volt zenerrik, while edilon hunt volt maudari.  

I'd like to set my school per the mod build configuration, then forget about it.  When I start a mission, I just need to swap configuration.  

What would go great in the existing location focus school is planned, is a syndicate drop down list to select what syndicate you are currently supporting.

Not only is it more realistic that we state who we support (versus wear it and everyone who saw you died), I hate hiding ugly sigils and being forced to wear the 15% sigil while there are many nice options. Make all sigils cosmetic and let us pick our syndicate here (on main arsenal screen).  The percent bonus will be based on existing rank with that syndicate.

This was already mentioned more than a few times.  This is what DE chose to do.  Focus was never meant to be bound to a WARFRAME...it is meant to be bound to your operator.   Whether or not you like your operator...that is another argument all together.   So, by binding it to a load out they still, at least lightly, keep in line with who owns what.

On 2018-11-01 at 9:53 AM, Chappie1975 said:

This was already mentioned more than a few times.  This is what DE chose to do.  Focus was never meant to be bound to a WARFRAME...it is meant to be bound to your operator.   Whether or not you like your operator...that is another argument all together.   So, by binding it to a load out they still, at least lightly, keep in line with who owns what.

I don't care if it has been mentioned before.  That doesn't mean it's not still a better idea. Vacuum for pets has been mentioned thousands of times, and it's finally about to happen. 

Besides, I'm not binding a school to a Warframe configuration slot, I giving the operator a memory.  The school still comes from the operator, only that the operator will remember what school to use with each build.  I like to swap builds fast depending on mission.  Setting it up in configuration slot is the best place for it (right under arcane selection).

Customization and min/max is a huge feature for Warframe and a big selling point for many old timers like myself.  My suggestion offers the most flexibility.   Placing it at aresenal will still require remembering to swap it out Everytime you make an edilon run, farm focus, etc.  We can already swap it out easy enough by going to the operator.  This is barely an improvement at all.  Now if we could set to come figuration slot, one selection and done forever!

One more thing to consider, why are syndicates sigils bound to appearance configuration slots?  You seem to have a problem with my suggestion but ignore the fact that stats are tied to cosmetics, which are bound to configuration choices (I doubt many players only run 1 syndicate). 

Where they are proposing to put focus school selection would be a perfect spot to declare what syndicate you are supporting. Then sigils would be decoration and changing a syndicate (regardless of what Warframe using) would be super easy!   

20 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

I don't care if it has been mentioned before. 

The logic of "my idea is better if you ignore all other factors which..then yeah" doesn't work very well in the real world.   I mean schools would be better if X just happened.  The world would be better if everyone just did Y.   *shakes head*

But since you don't care...i'll bow out of this conversation.  Good luck out there tenno,.

On 2018-11-06 at 2:53 PM, Chappie1975 said:

The logic of "my idea is better if you ignore all other factors which..then yeah" doesn't work very well in the real world.   I mean schools would be better if X just happened.  The world would be better if everyone just did Y.   *shakes head*

But since you don't care...i'll bow out of this conversation.  Good luck out there tenno,.

So you had a factor?  You just sound like internet noise spewing excrement all over excellent feedback that would add quality of life features to the arsenal.  

Your feedback is that if its been said before (with no reference, link, or well, anything useful), it's bad.  How many threads should I go through, how many pages should I go back, how many independent search words should I use to make sure I know the topic just tweeted by DE has been completely vetted?  What is the minimum hours of research required  to make a forum Nazi happy?

So the message you vomit is if it's been discussed before, just give up.  Don't try to give feedback in a feedback thread...

Wow, so sorry to see you go.