Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania Problems: More than missing vacuum

mouseodoom

Let's talk about Titania as a whole! 

First, the awesome: 

She has one of the best ultimate powers in Warframe (imo). Flying around as a tiny murder pixie C-130 tank killer is fun in ways that Archwing never manages to be. 

As long as Razor flies are up, she's pretty unkillable. 

Spellbind (#1) is a really good support/CC power. Hard CC + a buff that makes allies immune to status effects means this is my most used Titania power, more than #4 even. 

The Less-than-awesome: 

Non-Razorwing survivability: 

Basically, a Titania outside of RW is a dead Titania. I honestly cannot think of a more delicate frame, I'm including Saryn and Ember there because Saryn has armor and a great way to mitigate attacks with her clone. Ember is squishy like Titania, but she actually has energy meaning that Quick Thinking is viable for her. 

Note: my complaints revolve around late-to-end game. I don't roll Titania during certain Sortie mission, never use her in E/SO (who wants to start each round at base energy, amirite) and the Arbitration Drone/Razorwing interactions make her a non-starter in Arbitrations. There is nothing wrong with Titania with respect to the star chart, but then again, that's true for basically every frame. 

Here's my post on her survivability: 

TLDR: I want to run Titania in Arbitrations and enjoy it. 

Low Energy

This is such a WTF for me. Titania is a main caster the likes of Ember, Saryn, Oberon, and half a dozen others. But she has the energy of a Mesa or a Rhino. ATLAS has 75 more energy than Titania does. ATLAS!!!

She needs to receive an energy buff. Consider that unmodded, she can only cast her #3 twice before she's tapped out. That's crazy. Even with primed flow, she has 425 energy. BAH!

No Companions

Yes, frame vacuum will alleviate this issue, slightly. But a Titania making proper use of the only power that lets her survive a map will almost never have her companion out. Just recognize that if you want to run Titania and do the thing she's best at, you don't get a kavat, kubrow, sentinel, or moa. 

Her #2 & #3 powers are... less than good:

Tribute is the major offender here. I know that I can "choose" the buff by flying around to look for the right enemies. But even if I don't have to cast the power four times (impossible without flow btw) none of the buffs are worth my time. None. 

Dust: Given the choice between this (a slight accuracy drop for enemies, accuracy being all but irrelevant) and shooting something in the face, I am shooting them in the face. 

Thorns: are you kidding me? How does this game still have damage reflection in it? I mean, 25% damage reflection is gonna be all but irrelevant to me or the enemies. 

Full Moon. This invokes my rage. Razorwing Faeries HAVE NO COMPANIONS. Nuff said. Neff Anyo should come on your comms and mock you every time you gain this buff as Titania.

Entangle: This one might be worth it if the range were longer than a sentinel's vacuum. 

Consider that every buff I cast with Titania is a cost-benefit decision. In the heat of battle, I can apply a mediocre buff to my squad that will not change the outcome of a slap fight between corpus engineers. Or I can CC the bad guy and shoot them in the face, making them not a problem for anyone anymore. I cannot see a good reason to ever use this power, even if DE changes it to that we don't have to stack it. 

The terrible buffs I never use now don't require me to cast them four times. Technically, that is four times better than before. But four times zero is still zero. 

Here is another persons's Tribute Discussion:

Lantern is actually decent area restriction CC. Except that it's base cost is 75 energy. That part's dumb. 

Rag Dolls and the Flying Pixie Balloons: 

This makes me feel bad when I play Titania. There is nothing fun about watching a target fly further away from your squad because "someone" (me) accidentally cast their #1 on it. 

Neither Spellbind nor Lantern should rag doll the way they do. At least tether the suckers so we don't end up shooting our targets off the map. 

Here's my spellbind rag-doll hate post: 

Vrrush Turrets & Bombards:

Archwing gets warned of incoming rockets. Titania gets blown out of the sky. Do I need to elaborate? 

Thanks for reading! This is just my list of complaints about Titania that I would like to see looked at/addressed by DE. I adore my high mobility weapons platform like nothing else in this game, but these issues have pushed me to other frames.

Are there other things you would like to see changed? Do you have ideas for how these could be better? What are they?

Razorflies need a way to be replenished while in Razorwing. Suggestion would be: use her 1 and when the enemies die you get a Razorfly. This could be used outside Razorwing too, to give her some extra tank in her most vulnerable moments. 

On 2018-10-22 at 9:10 PM, EchoesOfRain said:

Can we also mention Titania's casting times? They leave her vulnerable for a long period of time. Not only that, but it feels nearly impossible to lantern an enemy since an ally tends to kill them during the casting animation

9 hours ago, Bouldershoulder said:

I'd just like her ult's stickiness to go away.. Grease her or something, to make her slide off the surfaces rather than stick to them like bubblegum, and I'll be happy to play her.

These are both good to bring up! Let's slash Titania's cast times, woohaw!

Also, getting stuck on surfaces is weird for a slick pixie fairy princess. What's reason for this? 

On the recent devstream they stated that Lantern will be tethered. You're going to be able to have Lantern affect 4 enemies. That's alot of energy boost that she's going to need.

I'd still prefer if she created a placeable lantern instead affecting an enemy. It has so many issues with friendly AI attacking it, including her own razorflies.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Anyesto said:

I just want to publish my consent.

I'd really like to play Titania, but without a vacuum it's more annoying than anything else.

Which is fine but what if you run arcane energize, stock or negative efficiency build and suddenly start scooping up several minutes of flight time into 2 seconds with her low energy pool?

Also regarding the OP I'd like to point out the complete lack of operator accessibility for Titania which really sucks for Eidolons.

I'd like to see several things:

First of all:

• Normal form, Razorwing form.(Kind of like equinox's day and night form.)
    • Have the 1,2,3 skill change depending which form you are in.
  • In Razorwing form, even with the augment the movement speed is waaaay too slow, So you could add one of those skills as a replacement of the bullet jump that we miss, a teleport like Itzal's 1 will do.
  • Her 1,2,3 skills are absolutely useless, change them into something more interesting, you could turn this into something interesting with shapeshifting all the time to benefit from synergies (if you go with the two different forms=different skills)
  • Suggested skill changes:
    • Normal form: Higher energy, higher base damage.
      • Skill 1: Send 3 razorwing pixies to attack an enemy, each attack having a 5% chance to drop an energy orb.
      • Skill 2: Buffs armor of self+ nearby allies
      • Skill 3: Pushes enemies away from her.
      • Skill 4: change to razorwing form
    • Razorwing form: Passive: Increases movement speed, higher base crit, enemies in melee range will be open to slash debuffs (To work together with 3)
      • Skill 1: Sends 3 razorwing pixies to attack an enemy, each attack having a 20% chance to cause a slash proc.
      • Skill 2: Buffs crit chance (or movement speed) of self+ nearby allies
      • Skill 3: Uses the afterburner to jump forward, having a chance to cause a slash proc on enemies she passes through.
      • Skill 4: change to warframe form.
  • Next to this still add the vacuum,

vor 32 Minuten schrieb Eterud:

I'd like to see several things:

First of all:

• Normal form, Razorwing form.(Kind of like equinox's day and night form.)
    • Have the 1,2,3 skill change depending which form you are in.
  • In Razorwing form, even with the augment the movement speed is waaaay too slow, So you could add one of those skills as a replacement of the bullet jump that we miss, a teleport like Itzal's 1 will do.
  • Her 1,2,3 skills are absolutely useless, change them into something more interesting, you could turn this into something interesting with shapeshifting all the time to benefit from synergies (if you go with the two different forms=different skills)
  • Suggested skill changes:
    • Normal form: Higher energy, higher base damage.
      • Skill 1: Send 3 razorwing pixies to attack an enemy, each attack having a 5% chance to drop an energy orb.
      • Skill 2: Buffs armor of self+ nearby allies
      • Skill 3: Pushes enemies away from her.
      • Skill 4: change to razorwing form
    • Razorwing form: Passive: Increases movement speed, higher base crit, enemies in melee range will be open to slash debuffs (To work together with 3)
      • Skill 1: Sends 3 razorwing pixies to attack an enemy, each attack having a 20% chance to cause a slash proc.
      • Skill 2: Buffs crit chance (or movement speed) of self+ nearby allies
      • Skill 3: Uses the afterburner to jump forward, having a chance to cause a slash proc on enemies she passes through.
      • Skill 4: change to warframe form.
  • Next to this still add the vacuum,

This is a nice idea, but I fear this will end like Equinox, where you just play one form and ignore the other. I would prefer to give her 4 working skills that benefit her in Razorwing and outside of it..