Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quests that reward Warframe parts should be replayable and re-reward you with the parts

Cataclystri

Jumping right into the topic, I see no reason why any base Warframe (i.e. not Prime or Umbra) should be impossible to reacquire in case of them being sold. Now, yes, this topic stems from me selling Titania quite a while ago and assuming she could be regained later. I was pretty upset to find out she couldn't be. I also found out too late for Support to do anything. Much respect for them, considering all the stuff they must deal with, but I really wish they'd given me Titania's blueprints instead of replying as though I'd asked them to undo the sale. Maybe they're not allowed to, I don't know.

But anyway, that's semi-off-topic. Why are certain base Warframes unable to be reacquired without the use of plat? A design oversight? A cash grab? I don't want to throw accusations around, but I can't think of any other reason. Sure, I could just cough up the plat. I could, but I won't. First, I don't have any. Secondly, though, even if I had money to spend on Warframe, I absolutely would not buy a frame for this reason with plat. It's the same principle as with the Hema. Cosmetics being plat-exclusive I can accept, but if you make a functional item like a weapon or Warframe impossible or unreasonable to get and then ask for cash, I think I'll keep my money. Especially when I only find out I can't get it back through a fan wiki.

I'm aware this might sound like a broke loser complaining about being unable to get stuff in a video game. Actually, that's pretty much entirely right. But I don't think that means my concerns are invalid. I have a lot of respect for how Warframe's free-to-play model works, but that doesn't mean I don't think this is either careless or greedy.

Edited by Cataclystri

Because it's inconsistent with other Warframes that you can get back for free. It's a pretty dirty trick. Am I wrong for thinking Warframe is above that? Yes, there are other examples, but those are often called out by players. Should this be different?

When DE does get called out, they'll sometimes make changes and it's usually for the better. Making Warframes arbitrarily unavailable is certainly a case where I'd like to see that happen.

They did this with Orvius by chucking it onto Simaris. I feel like that's the easier way to do it. They might not have done it quite yet because parts likely need their own drop locations (like Orvius parts on Kuva Fortress).

3 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

why? you got it for free, trashed it, the f2p model demands you pay up now

Caveat emptor is okay if buyers are presented with all information. As far as I know, and correct me if wrong, there's no unique notice saying "X Warframe cannot be re-acquired without Platinum purchase". Without a notice, players have to go by the most reasonable expectation. This is set by the nature of other Warframes, i.e. the fact they can be re-acquired. Players are also heavily encouraged to sell Warframes via limited Warframe slots.

In effect, the "f2p system" is built to entice this mistake in surreptitious manners.

Setting aside the fact that I doubt DE likes doing that in the first place, given Support often undoes such sales:

Do you want DE to be underhanded like that?

12 hours ago, Cataclystri said:

Much respect for them, considering all the stuff they must deal with, but I really wish they'd given me Titania's blueprints instead of replying as though I'd asked them to undo the sale. Maybe they're not allowed to, I don't know.

I'm guessing it is because their backups only go back around 4 weeks so beyond that they can't look at you account and verify you did actually have the item.

I think adding them to Simaris' stock would probably be the best way like they did with Orvius. The missions probably have a reason for preventing you re-doing them, though I can't think of one. We know DE are looking at making these missions repeatable but without the rewards so there has to be a technical reason the rewards can't be given again. It is probably database design related.

On 2018-10-23 at 5:20 PM, Shalath said:

I'm guessing it is because their backups only go back around 4 weeks so beyond that they can't look at you account and verify you did actually have the item.

I think adding them to Simaris' stock would probably be the best way like they did with Orvius. The missions probably have a reason for preventing you re-doing them, though I can't think of one. We know DE are looking at making these missions repeatable but without the rewards so there has to be a technical reason the rewards can't be given again. It is probably database design related.

But they have records in the DB that say a player has completed X quest, and having completed it clearly implies having acquired the rewards presented by that quest. The DB also contains the information, or the lack of it about a particular item, e.g. the Titania warframe or the parts/bp to build her.

/reverse_deduced

Edited by Bouldershoulder

On 2018-10-24 at 1:20 AM, Shalath said:

8 hours ago, Bouldershoulder said:

But they have records in the DB that say a player has completed X quest, and having completed it clearly implies having acquired the rewards presented by that quest. The DB also contains the information, or the lack of it about a particular item, e.g. the Titania warframe or the parts/bp to build her.

/reverse_deduced

Actually, strangely enough, they worded it as though they looked through my history and saw that the sale took place. Boulder's explanation makes a lot of sense, and it definitely could be correct. Considering the sale was...something like 6 months ago, probably more, I'd be surprised if they still had a record, but maybe they do. Either way, the end result is the same.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Black_Adder_ said:

Is there like any WF quest that lets you get same rewards again when replaying it? Haven't checked but I think not. So basically DE doesn't make any exceptions - quest gear can't be farmed like relic gear, that's it.

Yet all the other base Warframes are reattainable. It strikes me as odd that they'd enforce the rules of quests not giving rewards again over...well, enforcing good game design in my opinion. Perhaps it's as Shalath said, and it's a database restriction. We can only guess until DE gives us some insight.

In Titania's case, at least, her blueprint could be given to Simaris. Her component blueprints could drop from the Knave, Orphid and Feyarch Specters as a separate drop from their current table. Preferably guaranteed because the apothics are kinda annoying. I'll stress that this should be entirely separate from what they currently drop, because they're very useful as they are right now.