Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kind of disappointed that there arent any PoE archwing missions

Hypernaut1

The landscape still has so much potential. Im surprised there hasnt been a mission that takes advantage of the potential for air to air and air to ground combat. I do hope that they plan to expand on the plains after fortuna is released. There are still tons of cave entrances that never/rarely get used too.

i imagine there's two main reasons:

• until very recently, Skywing required Resources to use each time.
  • Skywing is apallingly terrible because you have no control over your Character.

still hoping for full spacesim flight model for Archwing with Missions that are about taking out Cruisers, Battlecruisers, Carriers, Dreadnoughts, with the current Ogmas&Gox being the smallest Enemies that we face :D

Until they get rid of the instant out manpads every Grineer seem to carry and the fact that players still have to manufacture an archwing launcher it would be tough.  At this point I want to be able to reliably be able to support my squad, or be supported, from an archwing more than game allows.  The increase in the sky ceiling has helped some, but I still DE needs to get over their whole not wanting a 'helicopter simulator' thing.  I think more enemies intended to dogfight or sky bounties would be great. 

38 minutes ago, Saturmorn_Carvilli said:

I think more enemies intended to dogfight or sky bounties would be great.

I did a pseudo dog fight using Zephyr, it was fun, sky bounties, please no, not if they don't fix archwing. If they do, then yep. It should be really fun.

21 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

Not sure Archwing has enough approval for DE to feel it worth sinking any further resources into. 

That's the problem though, they are building new game modes and maps based on Archwing and then they are not fixing it. I'm advocating for them to allow normal mods into Archwing. I think that will alleviate at least a quarter of what makes it sorta suck. The other 3/4 though, they can probably do it, if they actually devote time to fixing it.

9 minutes ago, Dakari_Voident said:

DE already has confirmed that with U25: Railjack, they will be doing a revamp/rework of the Archwing gameplay.

Yeah maybe I should have been more clear, DE doesn't feel the current state of archwing warrants new content/resources. And its current state isn't planned for change until next year at the least, so until then they probably don't feel it'd be worth adding more to it, heck even after the rework they might not if it bombs. 

14 minutes ago, nokinoks said:

That's the problem though, they are building new game modes and maps based on Archwing and then they are not fixing it. I'm advocating for them to allow normal mods into Archwing. I think that will alleviate at least a quarter of what makes it sorta suck. The other 3/4 though, they can probably do it, if they actually devote time to fixing it.

That's a separate issue though, new content isn't going to fix AW, altering how it plays will, and until they do that adding new content is pointless. Which is their apparent plan next year, and maybe after that goes over well, if it goes over well, a discussion about why DE aren't making more content for it can be raised. As of now I can't see anyone in DE thinking more missions for AW is worth their time. 

1 hour ago, Cubewano said:

That's a separate issue though, new content isn't going to fix AW, altering how it plays will, and until they do that adding new content is pointless. Which is their apparent plan next year, and maybe after that goes over well, if it goes over well, a discussion about why DE aren't making more content for it can be raised. As of now I can't see anyone in DE thinking more missions for AW is worth their time. 

I'm not pushing for new content for AW though 😐 I'm saying what you just said. That new content based on AW mechanics will not be as good since AW is unfinished/broken. Railjack, Fortuna, even PoE all have AW mechanics and we can see with PoE that it's mediocre at best (the AW "segments" of PoE)

9 minutes ago, nokinoks said:

I'm not pushing for new content for AW though 😐 I'm saying what you just said. That new content based on AW mechanics will not be as good since AW is unfinished/broken. Railjack, Fortuna, even PoE all have AW mechanics and we can see with PoE that it's mediocre at best (the AW "segments" of PoE)

This thread is, which is what I was responding to. U:

Dont bring that nightmare to poe

6 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

The landscape still has so much potential. Im surprised there hasnt been a mission that takes advantage of the potential for air to air and air to ground combat. I do hope that they plan to expand on the plains after fortuna is released. There are still tons of cave entrances that never/rarely get used too.

I remember seeing someone suggest a type of invasion event, to break the constant cycle of Ghouls and Plauge Stars, where Vay Hek has had enough and decides to park a massive Grineer Capital Ship right in the atmosphere of the Plains to begin bombardment on Cetus, with your usual Dargyns etc fighters pouring out to harass and protect the capital ship, and that would justify equipping your Archwing to fly up and do a sabotage on the Capital Ship, fighting the Dargyns on your way there, with maybe "bounty stages" before the final sabotage, to take out in the Plains skies different grineer targets, targeting satellites, hangars, weakpoints etc.

Let's start small - increase responsiveness to Archwings.  They handle clumsily with the adjustments to their momentum.  It used to be I could zip through the corpus ship exterior, but now tight turns are simply impossible at break neck speeds.  And forget stopping anytime soon over a landscape.  Best you can do is let off on the boost to slow to standard sprint speed, then back flip a couple times to put on the breaks as hard as possible.

Get these little issues out of the way, and yeah, I can see sticking some portion of Railjack's game play planet side (to better include solo players and small groups of friends.)  I'd totally be for taking on galleons and frigates in atmosphere.  Would require we take over a big defense battery on the ground to bring one down though, something of which I'm sure the Corpus and Grineer would have no shortage of with the ever looming threat of the other faction invading.

Edited by Littleman88

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Cubewano:

Yeah maybe I should have been more clear, DE doesn't feel the current state of archwing warrants new content/resources. And its current state isn't planned for change until next year at the least, so until then they probably don't feel it'd be worth adding more to it, heck even after the rework they might not if it bombs. 

They felt the same since U14, so I highly doubt anything will change in the future. Just look at some older dev streams and their reaction when Archwing was mentioned.

2 hours ago, Aazhyd said:

Every mission in PoE can be an Archwing mission. Just equip it and deal all damage from the air.

that works until a Vruush turret sees you, or a Grineer hellion launches rockets, or one of the many types of Grineer gunship spots you. which only takes about 2 minutes and a single rocket can throw you out of Archwing. Dargyns would be a better alternative if they didn't have a terrible built-in weapon and even worse handling.

Aerial combat isn't an option on the plains when you also consider that it still costs charges, and the only weapons that are effective enough in this regard are snipers because you can shoot from beyond where most rockets can reach. if it brings you joy to only use archwing then more power to you, but it's not a viable strategy for T5 bounties (as much as I'd like to spam Elytron Nukes)

railjack will be our best chance to see some proper archwing overhauls.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

that works until a Vruush turret sees you, or a Grineer hellion launches rockets, or one of the many types of Grineer gunship spots you. which only takes about 2 minutes and a single rocket can throw you out of Archwing. Dargyns would be a better alternative if they didn't have a terrible built-in weapon and even worse handling.

Aerial combat isn't an option on the plains when you also consider that it still costs charges, and the only weapons that are effective enough in this regard are snipers because you can shoot from beyond where most rockets can reach. if it brings you joy to only use archwing then more power to you, but it's not a viable strategy for T5 bounties (as much as I'd like to spam Elytron Nukes)

railjack will be our best chance to see some proper archwing overhauls.

I agree with your first part.  Even with every archwing's target lock evasive power, way too many instant knockout weapons exist in PoE.  You have far too much of your attention divided to staying in your archwing avoid these attacks and/or get knocked out of way too easy.

However, you are on a console so you haven't had the mainline update which gets rid of archwing charges.  So that is no longer an issue for PC and soon even for you.

Overall, I agree.  DE went out of their way to make archwing little more than a sky taxi with all of the counter-measures, nerfs, controls and even the environment they added to their open world content. This went so far that a warframe, Zephyr, is a better archwing in PoE than any archwing.