Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kind of disappointed that there arent any PoE archwing missions

Hypernaut1

4 minutes ago, Aazhyd said:

They don't cost charges anymore. Also they now equip instantly. This speeds up PoE missions considerably.

our Warframes practically have wings now. You can even start flying mid-air

I expected a lot of kneejerk "OMG Archwing no!" Responses. I do think it would be cool to have a mission that was focused on us destroying ships on the plains and dogfighting daragyns. It could even just be a special time even like ghoul purges. 

I'm general, there's so much more they can do with the plains and the fact that we can fly.

For consideration:

AW offensive abilities still do crap damage against ground targets.

AW struggles to SAFELY pick up drops while airborne (except Itzal).

Now that AW charges are unlimited, getting knocked out by AA missiles downs you instead of simply disabling AW.

We need extensive changes and improvements to the system before implementing AW-specific missions. Otherwise sure, let's make them a thing.

3 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

For consideration:

AW offensive abilities still do crap damage against ground targets.

AW struggles to SAFELY pick up drops while airborne (except Itzal).

Now that AW charges are unlimited, getting knocked out by AA missiles downs you instead of simply disabling AW.

We need extensive changes and improvements to the system before implementing AW-specific missions. Otherwise sure, let's make them a thing.

Sure.. Improve it. But there's so much potential there to make Warframe standout even more and make missions feels grand. 

I personally prefer the old AW controls, it felt more like Warframe in space instead of entire new system. 

31 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Sure.. Improve it. But there's so much potential there to make Warframe standout even more and make missions feels grand. 

I agree; but I think it's important to roll needed improvements into feedback. I mean, sure, having AW missions without tweaking any of those things might make fixes more of a priority...

But I'm guessing they'd just make players ignore the missions entirely like they do most other AW content.

31 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I personally prefer the old AW controls, it felt more like Warframe in space instead of entire new system. 

I think the controls are ok, but...

a) the inertia needs some major tweaks with better braking, and

b) rotation with A/D needs to be faster.

18 hours ago, nokinoks said:

I'm not pushing for new content for AW though 😐 I'm saying what you just said. That new content based on AW mechanics will not be as good since AW is unfinished/broken. Railjack, Fortuna, even PoE all have AW mechanics and we can see with PoE that it's mediocre at best (the AW "segments" of PoE)

I'm curious.  How is AW broken exactly?  I ask because I don't have any issues shooting, flying, maneuvering, killing enemies, etc in any of the AW modes/missions.  Then again, I do use a controller for playing Warframe and that might make a difference.  

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

I'm curious.  How is AW broken exactly?  I ask because I don't have any issues shooting, flying, maneuvering, killing enemies, etc in any of the AW modes/missions.  Then again, I do use a controller for playing Warframe and that might make a difference.  

I don't even ask anymore. I've come to learn there are code words the forum uses that simply mean "I don't like it"

Words like: broken, bandaid, forgotten, cheese, grind, forced, etc

I personally don't see how AW is broken. Everything can be improved and tweaked, but it isn't broken. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

The best description I heard of it is that it is "unfinished". That's kind of what sucks, you can do a lot with AW, but it just needs some tweaks to make it better. For example, the maps are not good. Everything looks the same and the waypoint that you follow leads you to get lost a lot. It's bumpwing half of the time and though you can improve on it, there are so many small things that compound where you don't really want to play and so it becomes a loop of frustration. (it's like eating nothing but carbs like bread or rice, yeah you can eat more, but by themselves it's not really good) You can get to a point where it is tolerable but never really "fun" and here's the thing, it can absolutely be fun! It can! But just those tweaks. Again, you can't even stop unless you use Itzal's ability. PLUS it's just made worse with PoE. Eidolons are big, it seems intuitive almost to fight them with Archwing, but no one does that even for lolz. To be clear I don't hate Archwing, I just think it's not finished and it can absolutely shine if given some love.

44 minutes ago, nokinoks said:

The best description I heard of it is that it is "unfinished". That's kind of what sucks, you can do a lot with AW, but it just needs some tweaks to make it better. For example, the maps are not good. Everything looks the same and the waypoint that you follow leads you to get lost a lot. It's bumpwing half of the time and though you can improve on it, there are so many small things that compound where you don't really want to play and so it becomes a loop of frustration. (it's like eating nothing but carbs like bread or rice, yeah you can eat more, but by themselves it's not really good) You can get to a point where it is tolerable but never really "fun" and here's the thing, it can absolutely be fun! It can! But just those tweaks. Again, you can't even stop unless you use Itzal's ability. PLUS it's just made worse with PoE. Eidolons are big, it seems intuitive almost to fight them with Archwing, but no one does that even for lolz. To be clear I don't hate Archwing, I just think it's not finished and it can absolutely shine if given some love.

Most of maneuvering issues you mentioned can be avoided by simply not using afterburner the whole time.  When you aren't using afterburner, you can navigate the corpus maps pretty dang well and also stop by simply pulling back on the stick (hitting D or back on the keyboard).  

I noticed a good while ago that I could keep up and pass other players in corpus missions by not using afterburner or using it sparingly compared to them going full burn and bumping into everything.  

Also there is a huge difference between "unfinished" and "broken".  One just means it needs something to be better while the latter means unusable or doesn't work at all.  

57 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I don't even ask anymore. I've come to learn there are code words the forum uses that simply mean "I don't like it"

Words like: broken, bandaid, forgotten, cheese, grind, forced, etc

I personally don't see how AW is broken. Everything can be improved and tweaked, but it isn't broken. 

I have to agree with you on all accounts.  

23 hours ago, taiiat said:
  • Skywing is apallingly terrible because you have no control over your Character.

I actually nailed that issue down to one of Sprint Toggle negating the S (breaks) key. Which I'm kinda surprised hasn't been fixed yet. 

Since players naturally hit shift to go fast and then never touch it again it never phases them that they need to hit shift a second time to get S to act in the expected manor instead of doing literally nothing. 

11 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I actually nailed that issue down to one of Sprint Toggle negating the S (breaks) key. Which I'm kinda surprised hasn't been fixed yet. 

i don't use toggle controls, because i desire control over myself. (infact i have all of the controls that i can split to separate buttons currently split - consistent, reliable functions is what your input into a game is supposed to do)

Skywing just has less capability to react to your environment and move around it than Archwing does.
it's kinda crazy to think that Archwing can flow pretty alright but still react to the environment, even being passable in Corpus Trench Run despite it not working great there. but Skywing has trouble in just a big open field.

Edited by taiiat

On 2018-10-24 at 9:12 AM, DatDarkOne said:

Also there is a huge difference between "unfinished" and "broken".

You can also look at it this way, if the majority of the community dislike AW, then it is broken. We farm other game modes so it's not farming that's the issue (or grinding). Eidolons still have a lot of bugs and still needs some minor tweaks but very few dislike it but the majority of the community dislike AW. Now you can view it from your perspective and say everything is fine and dandy and for you it is but you can also view it from the majority's perspective and try to see what's up. In this case I don't think anyone is wrong, but it is important for DE for the majority of the community to like what it puts out.

What they're doing with K-Drive racing on the Orb Vallis is what I always thought they were going to do with archwing on the plains. Guess not.

Also, what I really don't get about Archwing is why no Archwing survival mode? It's the game's most popular mode, and if you're trying to get people interested in Arcwhing, survival is how you'd do it! (imo)

15 minutes ago, nokinoks said:

You can also look at it this way, if the majority of the community dislike AW, then it is broken. We farm other game modes so it's not farming that's the issue (or grinding). Eidolons still have a lot of bugs and still needs some minor tweaks but very few dislike it but the majority of the community dislike AW. Now you can view it from your perspective and say everything is fine and dandy and for you it is but you can also view it from the majority's perspective and try to see what's up. In this case I don't think anyone is wrong, but it is important for DE for the majority of the community to like what it puts out.

The major difference between AW and Eidolons is one offers rewards that people want while the other doesn't.  Trust me when I say that if any one AW mission offered rewards like or similar to eidolons you would see a much different story.  

edit: Notice people don't complain about Operators as much anymore even though they haven't changed that much after PoE.  What has changed is the using Operators and building them up is one of the paths if not the only one to getting Arcanes faster.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

8 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

The major difference between AW and Eidolons is one offers rewards that people want while the other doesn't.  Trust me when I say that if any one AW mission offered rewards like or similar to eidolons you would see a much different story.  

edit: Notice people don't complain about Operators as much anymore even though they haven't changed that much after PoE.  What has changed is the using Operators and building them up is one of the paths if not the only one to getting Arcanes faster.  

I have always thought that people don't complain about Operators anymore because their original complaint was not how Operators play but more like, errr, their existence? People don't want to be androgynous teenagers I guess. I personally like how many doors open up with Operator. That was just my impression of it though and I think people have just accepted that Operators are here to stay. Besides the opportunity for various gameplay that Operators allow, I like the story of WF and so I like these emo kids. WF has a pretty fat lore and I can't wait for New War. Ballas is lookin' good!