Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia's Metronome STILL bugged with 2+ Octavias in squad

N64Gamefreak

This is a continuation of

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/965330-metronome-bugged-with-2-octavias-in-squad/

Metronome is an ability with four great buffs, so it's a good idea to keep the ability active for the entire mission.  Problem is, if there's another Octavia in the squad, you likely won't be able to get your own Vivace (speed) or Forte (melee damage) buffs unless you're in range of the other Octavia's Metronome.  Re-casting Metronome can sometimes fix the problem, but most of the time it doesn't.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey find me online some time and we'll try this out and get some logs and videos I can send to support.  I've personally never noticed this issue, but it's probably because I rarely run with enough strength to make it noticeable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Buddy, lets figure out when we're both online and let's get some real logs and videos for a legit support case.  I feel like you're just frustrating yourself with this thread so far, and I want to help.

If a ton of people are calling out a bug then it gets attention, but when it's a few players, or just one, then you have to put in the work to help them help you.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-05-05 at 4:32 PM, Buff00n said:

Buddy, lets figure out when we're both online and let's get some real logs and videos for a legit support case.  I feel like you're just frustrating yourself with this thread so far, and I want to help.

If a ton of people are calling out a bug then it gets attention, but when it's a few players, or just one, then you have to put in the work to help them help you.

What's the point?  It's easy enough to reproduce: all you need is 2 Octavias in the same squad with Metronome active, and for them to be out of range of each other's Metronome.  If DE wanted to fix it, they would have fixed it.  Now, if this same bug had affected the Nocturne buff, it would have been fixed months ago.

2 minutes ago, N64Gamefreak said:

What's the point?  It's easy enough to reproduce: all you need is 2 Octavias in the same squad with Metronome active, and for them to be out of range of each other's Metronome.  If DE wanted to fix it, they would have fixed it.  Now, if this same bug had affected the Nocturne buff, it would have been fixed months ago.

Filing a support case with hard evidence (logs, videos) at least forces a response, and the more we give them the better chances of that being the response we want.

There are tons of lower priority bugs that haven't been fixed for years and years.  My day job is in software, so I can sympathize with their problem.  You have to pick your battles, and it makes a big difference when the "customer" is wiling to help out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...