Mod Balance

LarryOtter

There are Mamny mods in warframe that are Not as good as other mods or just Not needed fore Most Builds.

there are three Things DE could do about this.

1. Ignore it and except that you will only use 25% of the mods for Most builts (Whats gonig to Happen)

2. Launch a big Update like mods 2.0 Where they buff or rework Many mods

3. Sort all mods out and only leave a Couple in the Game (pretty unlikley)

i would Really like to see mods 2.0 or at least that they dont introuduce more underpowered mods. I think that Op mods are was better than underpowered ones...

what do you think ?

Edited by LarryOtter

Very few mods don't have a use. You must think in terms of toolbox use. For example, I'd never bother with Sharpshooter (the new sniper mod from Arby's) in 99% of content, but if I'm playing as drain-based frame or cannot bring Zenny on a mid-high throughput frame, am capable of getting good use out of a sniper, and can't bring/rely on Cubey for EnGen? Guess what I'm probably slotting.

There are some mods that do need looking at.... like the physical damage mods. Those things are a noobtrap 9/10, even the 120% mods are all but always out-performed by other mods. And I'm not opposed to an update pass like the weapons/MR one where they buff mods like Magnum Force (which was almost completely superseded by Augur Pact unless you wanted -acc; just bringing its +dam up to HCal levels would (mostly) fix this), but I'd say your 2 is a bit misguided in implied scope (not a whole lot of mods actually need buffs), and your 3 is misguided in purpose.

You're always gonna have a "numerically best" build. Especially on weapons. Buffing other options so they're less bad won't change that, and buff them so they're better will impart the "this is useless" status onto the old "meta".

Remove multishoot! This should be a shotgun thing only, its double damage on one bullet for crying out loud.

Nerf main damage mods to 100% and elemental mods to 50%, adjust ranking level to them.

While at it, why not make all regular mods add 50% bonus to whatever they add, corrupted mods adds 100% but takes -50% and gold mods add two 50% bonuses and remove all the while aiming, while zooming, while castig, while whatever mods and turn them into normal no conditioned mods with 50% flat status, so you can normally stack them.

16 hours ago, Unholy_Ghost said:

Remove multishoot!

Revisit multishot. No need to remove mod card itself or game mechanics attached to it. Multishot could just create additional pallets, with a feature, that every pellet can proc status or crit, however does not grant double damage and slightly lowers accuracy value.

16 hours ago, Unholy_Ghost said:

remove all the while aiming, while zooming, while castig, while whatever mods and turn them into normal no conditioned mods with 50% flat status

I disagree on this part. Conditional mods cater or even create certain playstyles and increase diversity. Everyone can do stat stacking, we do it right now, it is not engaging.