Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Black screen when using octavias metronome.

PreciousPain

So I got octavia yesterday, shes super fun (well done DE) and she was working fine for a few hours. Now, however, whenever I use metronome the game black screens. The game is still running: I can hear my character walking around, I can hear myself shooting, I can hear any mission dialogue and the mission goes on as normal except I cant see anything. The screen is completely black.
I tested to see if my song was too intense and the amount of notes per bar doesnt affect the issue. I then tried looking into the air rather than normal, this made it so I could activate metronome but as soon as I looked down to a normal height the game with stutter for a second and then go to a black screen.
I play on a crappy laptop so this could all be chalked up to my laptop struggling, however since I've put hundreds of hours into the game with no issue till now and that this didnt happen for a good few hours of play makes me believe something is up.
I verified the game cache, tried different graphics settings, tweaked the particle settings, went through the launcher options enabling and disabling them in different combinations to see if that had an affect (to no avail ofc). My last line of defence is to reinstall the game and see if that works however I feel this is a bit drastic considering this only occurs with one frame and only one ability (to my knowledge, I have yet to unlock a lot of other frames).
I will edit this post should reinstalling solve the issue.