Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bad computers

Gephaela

As a person with a bad computer, it really becomes hard to go to Cetus because of all the players in it. The moment I get in, screen freeze (computer is so bad xD) and I made this forum just so that I could make a request of something. Will you guys make an option in the settings to "turn off" players and not show them in your screen or is this request of mines just an idea that is not important.

inb4 "stop playing on a potato"

doubt there'll be anyhting on DE's end, but this problem will sort of fix itself: when Fortuna comes out, everyone will be there and Cetus will be a lot quieter, so it should run better. there is also a chance that maybe DE will make some slight technical improvements in the future, since they said they won't totally ignore PoE content (at least not straight away.)

funny thing. PoE itself runs very well, but it's Cetus that requires a lot of resources from a pc, exactly because of players. they probably could add an option for low-end machines not to load a player's models (with all these effects, cosmetics etc.). like, make all players to look like as these grey excaliburs without textures.

*Laughs in console master race*

But haven't you tried using a game booster app that shuts down unnecessary ram using stuff so the game runs better?  Over a decade ago when I last used a Pentium 4 PC that's what I did because I couldn't run anything over COD 1 without it lagging or crashing, idk if it works on online games though

Without the actual system specifications or knowing how decent your internet service provider is its difficult to offer advice.

But fixing things your end will be cheaper and more realistic than expecting gaming companies to cater for old unsupported systems.

That said, one of my lads plays on  dual core G3258 at stock, the other on an old Q9550 at stock with an ancient gpu.

I have a decent though getting old system but still get network problems despite having Virgin Media's top internet package. VM are not the best provider and when half a dozen kids are on your network on PC's a couple of xboxes, switch n tablets n phones it gets congested.

24 minutes ago, SastusBulbas said:

But fixing things your end will be cheaper and more realistic than expecting gaming companies to cater for old unsupported systems.

I think option to turn off other players in game hubs would be appreciated even by some people with good rigs, even just for aesthetic or role-playing purposes (yes pink rhino I'm looking at you)

3 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

What kind of master race are you when you don't even get the updates first.

You're like the second or third person in a human centipede experiment stop fooling yourself in thinking your first.

well, if this update will be same quality as PoE realise I would also not want to get it first

Ahhhhhh but on Facebook commenting that you belong to PC master race. If you can't afford an upgrade for the time is better to try on console. Bad thing there is no cross platform. 

Sorry OP and fortuna will make it worst for sure for low req. PC.

7 hours ago, AnimeChill said:

As a person with a bad computer, it really becomes hard to go to Cetus because of all the players in it. The moment I get in, screen freeze (computer is so bad xD) and I made this forum just so that I could make a request of something. Will you guys make an option in the settings to "turn off" players and not show them in your screen or is this request of mines just an idea that is not important.

There are already plenty of options in the graphics settings. You could just try turning those down instead...just saying... :wink:

7 hours ago, AnimeChill said:

Just buy a new pc xD

11 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

But haven't you tried using a game booster app that shuts down unnecessary ram using stuff so the game runs better?  Over a decade ago when I last used a Pentium 4 PC that's what I did because I couldn't run anything over COD 1 without it lagging or crashing, idk if it works on online games though

Operating Systems have come a long long way since the days of the Pentium 4.  We all have something called Task Manager now for things like that.  

12 hours ago, Kel_Silonius said:

funny thing. PoE itself runs very well, but it's Cetus that requires a lot of resources from a pc, exactly because of players. they probably could add an option for low-end machines not to load a player's models (with all these effects, cosmetics etc.). like, make all players to look like as these grey excaliburs without textures.

I didn’t buy all these cosmetics so you could turn them off and not see them!  Bask in my flashy glitter!

I have a really decent PC and Cetus is a laggy mess at the best of times. I started playing solo as well because other players tend to come with high pings and it sucks playing missions with a high ping because doors don't open, enemies are warping around etc. If you go to Cetus make sure to choose calm servers that don't have lots of players.

1 minute ago, ValGaloriamn said:

Yeah, you can see which apps are using the most memory and if they're not needed; close them

Ah ok, but if I remember correctly these apps would automatically  restart after a while, but with a game booster (wish I could remember the name of the app I used) it would prevent that from happening until the game is closed, but again I don't know if it helps with online games because I only had offline games like Project IGI and NFS Underground lol

1 minute ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Ah ok, but if I remember correctly these apps would automatically  restart after a while, but with a game booster (wish I could remember the name of the app I used) it would prevent that from happening until the game is closed, but again I don't know if it helps with online games because I only had offline games like Project IGI and NFS Underground lol

I think Razer has a game booster app...

But any apps that are necessary will start up on their own - regardless of game booster - or you're going to crash your operating system or a driver or something else important. Most people have a lot of crap running in the background that they can safely close and keep closed.

I uninstalled all other steam games except for WF to limit updates. They’re still in the library if I wanna pick them up later 

I feel your pain though. Today I tried tweaking some settings and it made me miss the plug and play beauty of the ps4 pro 

I did a bit of settings homework from Overwatch but I can’t suggest them to anyone since I’m not a pro at it 

18 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

That will get you perma-banned from Warframe. DE takes RAM manipulation very seriously.