Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Vektis Prime a keeper?

Sigonnen

Question

14 answers to this question

I'm assuming you're still new to the game, which would explain why you're limiting yourself to generic pew pews, so I'll give you some advice, don't get too comfortable with one weapon type in this game because you'll get left in the dust pretty quickly. Get one each of every weapon type and learn to love it if you want to enjoy the game in the long run. And as for the Vectis, while Rubico and Lanka are the go to snipers for Eidolon hunting there's no question that the Vectis P is the king of the starchart,  it has a almost nonexistent reload which helps a lot in a horde shooter game like Warframe and a well placed headshot will delete just about anything you're aiming at, so do your future self a favour and hold onto it till you're ready to use it.

Vectis Prime is easily one of the best sniper rifles out there, you can definitely keep it.

The last time I check right before the Twitch drop Vectis Prime set worth 300p, so you just saved yourself 
that much + slot plat + catalyst.

The issue I have with other sniper rifles is that they kind of take very long to reload and usually in the 2 - 3 seconds thing.
Vectis and Vectis Prime's reload time is kind of like cycling the bolt on a bolt action rifle.

So in fact the Vectis/ Vectis Prime have the "highest capacity" since basically you are using a bolt action rifle 
with the entire ammo pool that is 72 rounds. Or a hitscan no-charge bow to be honest.

Crit chance is beautiful, 75% with point strike. (Argon Scope, Hunter Munition )

Sniper Only Sortie is quite common so you already have one of the best tool to go with.

47 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

You bet it is. Put a depleted reload build (or any other, though this one is as if it was made for vectis) and you've got one of the best snipers/weapons in the game.

The Sniper changes that came with the Plains in particular to the firing/reloading of the Vectis Prime means Depleted Reload isn't really needed any more (though it was essentially just QoL for the old VP and not much use for any other sniper)

42 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

I'm assuming you're still new to the game, which would explain why you're limiting yourself to generic pew pews, so I'll give you some advice, don't get too comfortable with one weapon type in this game because you'll get left in the dust pretty quickly. Get one each of every weapon type and learn to love it if you want to enjoy the game in the long run. And as for the Vectis, while Rubico and Lanka are the go to snipers for Eidolon hunting there's no question that the Vectis P is the king of the starchart,  it has a almost nonexistent reload which helps a lot in a horde shooter game like Warframe and a well placed headshot will delete just about anything you're aiming at, so do your future self a favour and hold onto it till you're ready to use it.

Thank you very much mate! I will keep it then:) 

29 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

The last time I check right before the Twitch drop Vectis Prime set worth 300p, so you just saved yourself 
that much + slot plat + catalyst.

about two weeks before the announcement about the Vectis Prime Twitch drop, I managed to get it for 220. I was so proud of myself, and then I see the twitch announcement, and I'm like... >__<

2 minutes ago, SquinkyJunior said:

about two weeks before the announcement about the Vectis Prime Twitch drop, I managed to get it for 220. I was so proud of myself, and then I see the twitch announcement, and I'm like... >__<

:crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: I guess being too broke on plats is a good thing that I can't buy the set before that.

46 minutes ago, SquinkyJunior said:

I bought a blueprint for 20 after realising I had collected the other parts by playing with randoms in fissure missions, when I asked my clanmates they all said build it, like the OP I too wasn't into snipers at the time but damn did this gun change my mind, still the only sniper I own aside from the Lanka

I would personally consider the Vectis and the Prime to be the best mission capable sniper in the game, simply because the shoot/reload cycle is so short and smooth that there is no reason other then you messing up for it to never be ready to shoot what you point it at.

Those Corpus interception and defense mission that take place outside where you can see the enemy attacking from a really long way off are perfect for the vectis. You got the slow tower that no one is attacking but you can see the tower across the way about to get attacked, that is sniper rifle time, and the fact that you can pop off a few heads then defend your tower before popping off a few more heads is the best thing about how short the cycle on the vectis is.

Primed Chamber might as well be a Vectis mod as it is perfect for it and if you use depleted reload or not it is almost as good on the prime (not that most things are going to notice that they were killed by the second bullet in the clip and didn't get the bonus damage).