Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Meta frames for Arbitration

Kebast

Just wondering if the Meta had been established yet. I played Nova P in an interception and had no issue. However, I tried limbo P in extraction and had all kinds of problems with the shield drones. Any particular setup recommended for each mission type? 

Me and a friend use the following:

- Excavation: Frost and Gara

- Inception: Gara, Trinity + 2 Randoms

- Defense: Gara/Inaros, Trinity + 2 Randoms

As Gara is the only Frame that can kill the Drones with an Ability, which she can cast on basically anything, it's a no Brainer to have at least one in the team if you plan to stay longer.

16 minutes ago, Darkuhn said:

Me and a friend use the following:

- Excavation: Frost and Gara

- Inception: Gara, Trinity + 2 Randoms

- Defense: Gara/Inaros, Trinity + 2 Randoms

As Gara is the only Frame that can kill the Drones with an Ability, which she can cast on basically anything, it's a no Brainer to have at least one in the team if you plan to stay longer.

I've got a Frost P that needs one more forma. Guess it's time to finally farm Gara 🙂

I've been doing it only solo, but only on Infested Survival. Why Infested? Because Grineer don't drop capsules often, and screw Corpus (for the same reason, screw Corrupted).

1. Nidus, went up to 200 minutes and stopped because the drones were becoming too hard to kill, and that's without ancient healers spawning for some reason.

2. Nezha, if I could stop missing out on my Halo expiring, I would've gone further but then I won't be able to for long anyway because ancient healers were there and if I had to take a whole magazine of my Arca Plasmor to kill a lvl 300+ drone without ancient healers, I can't imagine how it'd be like with them there.

Gara is just so overrated due to her #2 working on drones. Can people seriously not think? A melee weapon will wipe out the drones faster because they have far great reach on the slide attacks. Bring any frame you want and do exactly what Gara does, you just happen to need some hand coordination added to the process. Or just bring an Arca Plasmor or Ignis/Wraith so you dont risk dragging the defense target into mobs incase it is following you.

Frost is a far better choice for defense and excav if you wanna make sure to have a strong stationairy defense skill. Gara doesnt come close. And if you are looking for personal defense and an easy time taking care of drones, just bring Rev and a polearm/whip to the party. Safer defensive skill and better reach than Gara #2 plus you get a map-wipe skill and some good CC aswell.

Limbo. Yeah, maybe it's weird, but on excavation, it's really nice ( for grineer excavation, big bubble, and for corpus one, small bubble only ) . The drone is pretty consistant on how it reacts with Cataclysm and the rift. You have to picture the drone, and the enemies drone'd, like if they were OUT the rift, even if they are inside the bubble radius. When you see the drone inside, switch to operator. There, the enemies can kill you ( except if you made your OP tanky ) but you can also shoot the drone. And once killed, every enemies inside get frozen. And even if not in cataclysm, if you are not too familiar with Limbo dash, probably just always stay in rift and pop the OP to kill a drone every time you see one. I can personally go as far as a want ( 10 excavator max for now. Too bored. ) And could easily go on and on. Yes, it's counter intuitive to bring a squishy frame in arbitration, but Limbo with his rift, plus a quick thinking and 700 energy somewhat help... XD 

So yeah, for excavation, Limbo. Everytime. 

Interception grineer and infested = Limbo, big bubble, same behaviors from the drones. 

Interception corpus = Rhino or Nekros. 

Survival = Nekros with spin to win. When the timer go down, not because you don't kill fast enough, but because enemies don't even spawn at all, it's not a git gud problem, it's a "fix spawn rate and survival pod" problem. Even desecrate don't give a lot. But it does help.

There ya go, I hope I helped figuring out how works these "problems" with Limbo ! 🙂

43 minutes ago, mikakor said:

Limbo. Yeah, maybe it's weird, but on excavation, it's really nice ( for grineer excavation, big bubble, and for corpus one, small bubble only ) . The drone is pretty consistant on how it reacts with Cataclysm and the rift. You have to picture the drone, and the enemies drone'd, like if they were OUT the rift, even if they are inside the bubble radius. When you see the drone inside, switch to operator. There, the enemies can kill you ( except if you made your OP tanky ) but you can also shoot the drone. And once killed, every enemies inside get frozen. And even if not in cataclysm, if you are not too familiar with Limbo dash, probably just always stay in rift and pop the OP to kill a drone every time you see one. I can personally go as far as a want ( 10 excavator max for now. Too bored. ) And could easily go on and on. Yes, it's counter intuitive to bring a squishy frame in arbitration, but Limbo with his rift, plus a quick thinking and 700 energy somewhat help... XD 

So yeah, for excavation, Limbo. Everytime. 

Interception grineer and infested = Limbo, big bubble, same behaviors from the drones. 

Interception corpus = Rhino or Nekros. 

Survival = Nekros with spin to win. When the timer go down, not because you don't kill fast enough, but because enemies don't even spawn at all, it's not a git gud problem, it's a "fix spawn rate and survival pod" problem. Even desecrate don't give a lot. But it does help.

There ya go, I hope I helped figuring out how works these "problems" with Limbo ! 🙂

The problem is the red enemies were killing the excavator in seconds, before I could take out the drone

37 minutes ago, Kebast said:

The problem is the red enemies were killing the excavator in seconds, before I could take out the drone

Well, you have to be faster and kill the drone before they reach the excavator ^^" no secret or special trick here, just paying attention.

What arbitration does is rule out squishy frames. However, what's squishy? We have arcane guardian (x2), adaptation, and lifestrike/healing return. These can make any frame moderately tanky as long as they can survive some initial shots. In teams you also have things like Oberon's bonus armour and healing (and phoenix renewal) or Trin's 75% DR and healing.

Edited by schilds

What I love about Arby is there's no One True Meta like there is with the damned Eidolons. You can successfully play through to C rotation with a whole lot of different frames and combinations.

I play any that come up (though I've not seen Defection or Salvage come up at all) and play any of the frames I enjoy: Nova (fast, slow and neutral), Titiania, Trinity (bless), Rhino, Gara, Mag (have come to love mag through Arby), Vauban, Ivara, ... you get the idea 🙂

You do have to pay attention to your build:

• something to make taking out drones easier is good, but there's a large stack of weapons that'll do that
  • try not to be too squishy 🙂
Edited by pook-pook

12 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Gara is just so overrated due to her #2 working on drones. Can people seriously not think? A melee weapon will wipe out the drones faster because they have far great reach on the slide attacks. Bring any frame you want and do exactly what Gara does, you just happen to need some hand coordination added to the process. Or just bring an Arca Plasmor or Ignis/Wraith so you dont risk dragging the defense target into mobs incase it is following you.

Frost is a far better choice for defense and excav if you wanna make sure to have a strong stationairy defense skill. Gara doesnt come close. And if you are looking for personal defense and an easy time taking care of drones, just bring Rev and a polearm/whip to the party. Safer defensive skill and better reach than Gara #2 plus you get a map-wipe skill and some good CC aswell.

I guess you need to explore Gara's other abilities a bit more. There's more use from the abilities than that.

Inaros tends to be my go to frame for most of the alerts, 

That being said 

Survival: Inaros, Rhino, Oberon, 

Excavation : Frost, Limbo (limbo and rift work strange with drones I suggest you use operator for doing any damage to drones if you have limbo)

Defense : Inaros, trinity, Oberon.

Defection: I avoid like the plague  I guess could use same as defense. 

Interception: Nyx (cause chaos enemies target drones and other immune enemies as well hence it kinda keeps em occupied), Khora same reason as Nyx it's important to keep em occupied and kill em less.