Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Matrix, The Hacker Warframe

(XBOX)Titomancer

Ok, I had a brainstorm in the shower, and thought I would throw this up here. 

Matrix, a hacker warframe specializing in disruption.  Would likely be good for defense and spy missions without the need for stealth, though stealth might be optional, but there are other better stealth frames.

Passive:  Hacking.  Builds charges towards and innate cipher every 2-5 minutes.  2 minutes would be if it was unaffected by power duration, could crank to 5 if you make it affected by power duration (more duration = lower recharge)

Ability 1 - Sabotage.  Small targeted aoe disarm that targets an enemy weapon and fries its circuits, exploding it.  Low damage, permanent disarm, small AOE that can be modified by power range.

Ability 2 - Chaff Cloud. Defensive ability, duration based, either gives 100% avoidance with a number of charges mechanics, similar to revenant's mesmer skin, simply avoiding a number of attacks against you.  Could have a syndicate mod that redirects avoided shots in a random direction.

Ability 3 - Scrambled Optics. Large aoe that affects enemies with -accuracy, causing them to miss their shots against anyone, giving her a way to support her team and keep the enemies from shooting objectives like excavators or cryopods. Also, would scramble the circuits of robotic enemies, stunning them for a long duration, possibly with a syndicate mod turning that into a mind control for robots.

Ability 4 - Reclaimed Turret.  Easy, deploys an auto firing turret for a duration.  

Instead of Matrix (Which reminds too much of the movie), why not something that has to do with encryption/deciphering?

47 minutes ago, (XB1)Titomancer said:

Passive:  Hacking.  Builds charges towards and innate cipher every 2-5 minutes.  2 minutes would be if it was unaffected by power duration, could crank to 5 if you make it affected by power duration (more duration = lower recharge)

I have been playing Warframe for 5 years and i have not used a single Cipher yet. There are many other players like my self who have 0 Ciphers used in their profile status and would probably want to keep it that way so this passive would really hurt those kind of players and they wouldnt come near any consoles during missions.

Instead why not something that gives him and his team more sustainability?

Recharge (Passive)

Option (A): Hacking a console causes it to drop an Energy Orb. Hacking a Console during Lockdown drops 2 Energy Orbs.
Option (B): Hacking a Console releases a pulse of energy, restoring 50 Energy over 10 seconds to players within 12m.

49 minutes ago, (XB1)Titomancer said:

Ability 1 - Sabotage.  Small targeted aoe disarm that targets an enemy weapon and fries its circuits, exploding it.  Low damage, permanent disarm, small AOE that can be modified by power range.

I was thinking maybe something like Spore but that propagates on its own without the need for players to shoot anything.

(1) Sabotage: Plants a virus on to the target enemies, reducing their effectiveness the more the virus propagates. Each time the virus propagates it will apply or increase in one of the following debuffs at random: -5% Damage, -5% Armor/shield (-2.5% Max Health for Infested) or -5% Speed, stacking up to -50% in each (-25% Max Health for Infested) with 30 enemies afflicted.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Titomancer said:

Ability 2 - Chaff Cloud. Defensive ability, duration based, either gives 100% avoidance with a number of charges mechanics, similar to revenant's mesmer skin, simply avoiding a number of attacks against you.  Could have a syndicate mod that redirects avoided shots in a random direction.

I was thinking something more funny, Mesa`s 2 causes enemies weapons to Jam, why not make something similar to it but instead, cause weapons to constantly eject their clips and force Grineers to Reload and reacquire a target wile in range of the skill? 😛

Short Out (2): Shorts out enemy weapons, causing them to periodically eject their clips. Causes periodic stun to melee aggressors and infested, prevents Volatile Runners from detonating.

Ability 3 - Scrambled Optics. Large aoe that affects enemies with -accuracy, causing them to miss their shots against anyone, giving her a way to support her team and keep the enemies from shooting objectives like excavators or cryopods. Also, would scramble the circuits of robotic enemies, stunning them for a long duration, possibly with a syndicate mod turning that into a mind control for robots.

Why not an active skill similar to Nekro`s Desecrate but that has to do with hacking?

Debug (3): Wile active, consoles within 20m will malfunction and draw attention from nearby enemies, leaving them distracted and open to finishers. Any direct damage done to them will break the effect. Costs up to 10 energy per console and consoles affected become hackable.

The idea here is so damage debuffs like Saryn`s Spore, Equinox`s Maim wont break the distraction, tho this skill could make combo with other Warframes to deal crowd control. Frames that benefit from Stealth/Finishers would also be able to kill mobs distracted easily and the skill would also synergies with its passive as Consoles that it hack would give energy.

Ability 4 - Reclaimed Turret.  Easy, deploys an auto firing turret for a duration.  

I feel a Turret is something Vauban should be doing...

Hijack: Slowly drains enemy armor/shields (Health in case of Infested) and auras to place a protective barrier around the caster and his allies. The barrier`s Max strength is based on the Caster`s Max Health/Shield and Power Strength. Also, wile active, players taking fatal damage would remain with 1 health instead and have half the max barrier capacity restored instantly. This effect wouldnt be able to occur more than once every 60 or 90 seconds.