Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

User story: As a player, I want my farming effort to have meaning

Lyker

I am currently one of those people who are farming for Khora and are missing 1 part only.

What is the most disheartening for me as a player that if I spend lots of time and are unlucky to NOT get the systems that I need, the payout for my effort is practically 0.

So my sugestion is:

A trader were you can turn in say 3-5 other parts for a specific Warframe and then pick the one you need.

This way, any effort and time put into farming is at least a small step (a longer road then if you would be lucky with the drop ouf course) but at least a small step.

I'd say no to this. Say you need a Loki part, so you go to Lt. Lech Kril and farm him 5 times in ten minutes. Piece of cake. Not really fair to those who have already done the work of farming Loki already(the small amount of farming that there is).

Now, if you take your Khora part, you could do the same thing, and it'd be much, much worse because the grind for Khora is a lot more than for my Loki example. It'd be extremely unfair to those who have worked through the grind already. Plus, it'd make trying to get warframes a piece of cake, and where would the fun be in that?

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (XB1)Eminem2420:

That would make the grind too easy and would give no incentive to buy it with platinum. That would undermine DEs business strategy. WF is a F2P game that needs to produce a profit in order to sustain itself. 

you could ofc set the parts that need to be traded in much higher than the statistically expected tries you need to farm the frame. The player would still see some progression and not feel like their time has been completly wasted by the game.

Also this fairness to those who farmed thing is being brought up again and again. Effort only gets valued when there's enough plat sales behind that. You might call that clever business but at least let's be honest about it, it's not really to honor the players but save sales. Also wanting everyone to suffer the same as you did is a little bit selfish, especially when you can't even sell the stuff 😉. There have been many things I farmed that became easier to get over time, I've been okay with that and would support even more of that.

4 hours ago, Lyker said:

I am currently one of those people who are farming for Khora and are missing 1 part only.

What is the most disheartening for me as a player that if I spend lots of time and are unlucky to NOT get the systems that I need, the payout for my effort is practically 0.

So my sugestion is:

A trader were you can turn in say 3-5 other parts for a specific Warframe and then pick the one you need.

This way, any effort and time put into farming is at least a small step (a longer road then if you would be lucky with the drop ouf course) but at least a small step.

When I was farming khora I still had some focus farming to do. I concentrated on that and it eventually dropped. I at least felt better about going in.

Maybe upgrade some frames/weapons if focus is done?

I actually agree to your idea. If you need systems, per your example, you can trade 2-3 sets of the others to get it. Its a long grind in this case since getting the sets without systems is still a giant pain.  Khora is a lot different in that most of the other frame parts ALWAYS drop. Khora, I feel, is stuck behind RNG, getting a khora drop, then stuck behind more RNG, getting the right peace.

Least with harrow, you did something over and over just waiting for that peace to drop but it was a specific peace.. Wasn't as bad, IMO.

What I am seeing in the game is they seem to be hiding frames behind much more RNG now. As someone above said, Loki was easy. You just did the boss fight over and over and it usually dropped within 10 fights. Now we seem to be hiding frames around double RNG which if RNG hates you, your screwed. Revenant is the same way.. I grew to literally hate the plains bounties and refuse to go back there. 

I had to buy harrow and nidus,  after. Week of solid farming each of those i still didnt get the one part of each that refused to drop.  Im not saying the op suggestion is a good one how its written there with such a small amount of trade items,  but i would appreciate another way to get frames with pieces that are hidden behind 20minutes of boring grind for a small chance at the part you need.  

4 hours ago, Lyker said:

This is far too low of a guarantee for a part for a frame. They release a new frame and it will take between 4 runs, where you would get each part the first time, to 9-15 runs, to get several other parts to buy the remaining part.

Given there is an easily obtainable guarantee from grinding it, why would I buy it with Plat?

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

This is far too low of a guarantee for a part for a frame. They release a new frame and it will take between 4 runs, where you would get each part the first time, to 9-15 runs, to get several other parts to buy the remaining part.

Given there is an easily obtainable guarantee from grinding it, why would I buy it with Plat?

Not everything in this game has to have plat walls like this. The vast majority of the frames in this game literally have no reason to buy them with plat. People still do. 

There is so much fashion frame and all the other things to spend plat on, this should not be one of them.

4 hours ago, SquinkyJunior said:

I'd say no to this. Say you need a Loki part, so you go to Lt. Lech Kril and farm him 5 times in ten minutes. Piece of cake. Not really fair to those who have already done the work of farming Loki already(the small amount of farming that there is).

No offence, but you're literally saying: "I suffered so I want everybody else for the rest of the days suffer the same way I did." 

By this logic no bugs should be ever fixed, gameplay should never be improved, etc.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

2 minutes ago, tCartmant said:

Not everything in this game has to have plat walls like this.

Sorry, but this game has no buy-in. There is no initial purchase of the game. No subs. The idea is detrimental to potential Plat purchases.

3 minutes ago, tCartmant said:

There is so much fashion frame and all the other things to spend plat on, this should not be one of them.

But there is an existing system that has frames as buyable with Plat and this thread hasn't made the case they shouldn't be other than: I want it now but don't want to pay Plat.

16 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Sorry, but this game has no buy-in. There is no initial purchase of the game. No subs. The idea is detrimental to potential Plat purchases.

But there is an existing system that has frames as buyable with Plat and this thread hasn't made the case they shouldn't be other than: I want it now but don't want to pay Plat.

I have spent more money on this game then any other game I have ever played yet I have never bought a non prime frame. You seem to be subscribing to, since its free to play lets make ALL the frames harder and harder to get so everyone has to spend plat. There needs to be a middle ground.

In my opinion, its not over the top grindy for these frames yet but it seems like the last few frames seemed to be getting more and more grindy where I feel like they are getting to close to being overly grindy.

1 hour ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

No offence, but you're literally saying: "I suffered so I want everybody else for the rest of the days suffer the same way I did." 

By this logic no bugs should be ever fixed, gameplay should never be improved, etc.

Actually, for your information, I haven't farmed Khora, and if I wanted to, I'd still like to keep the system that's in place. Otherwise, it'd be too easy. I mean, come on, if we use the system that's been suggested by OP, everybody would have every single frame there is in the game (excluding primes, of course).

As to saying that no bugs should ever be fixed, I really don't have anything to say about this. Bugs should always be fixed, and I don't see how my logic could be applied to bugs.

Edited by SquinkyJunior

Well, trading parts or some kind of token system could still work, as I'm pretty sure they'd have the drop percentages and the average amount of runs a player needs to get all pieces of a warframe by comparing data across all players.  With that information I'm sure they could make a fair, guaranteed method of acquiring all the parts that still keeps their business model intact.

Dungeon Fighter Online, for example, lets you craft Epics which are usually the most powerful equipment in the game, where usually it's stuck behind a colossal grind wall, but the crafting system means you have a definite end to the grind that you can keep in mind.
The crafting process is still an utterly absurd amount of grind, but compared to your chances of getting a full set of Epics, the worse end of the scale you might actually end up crafting your epics before all the pieces you need drop.  It works out well for the incredibly unlucky ones, and it's not even remotely easy so it still encourages people to run the gauntlet and try their luck with RNG.

The only gripe about Khora is really that her blueprint should be in the market or at the end of the quest. The others parts being a pain in the ass is not my problem because I actually have two full sets (and one built Khora) after casually doing sanctuary onslaught for focus.

There is no reason to make her farm easier. Take note this is coming from a casual player who only gives 20 minutes a day to WF.

This could work if its a drop from the same Rotation and you would have to trade like 8-10 of them for the other part. As at that point its really frustrating and the incentive to spend Plat for the frame goes to zero (Happened to a friend of mine he got 10 Systems but no Blueprint).

5 hours ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

False statement. Plain and simple. 

Do you mean false as in, I have farmed Khora, or do you mean false as in, I wouldn't like to keep the system that's in place? Because either way, it's not false. I would gladly do SO as it is right now to farm for Khora. I mean, it's not like it's super hard, and if it is for you, just ask in the RC for a group to carry you. Either way, what I said was not false.

EDIT: Also, if you were meaning that I've farmed Khora already, just use the /profile [PERSON NAME HERE] command in-game. I don't have it.

Edited by SquinkyJunior

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-10-24 at 1:53 PM, Volinus7 said:

OP needs to learn about variable ratio reinforcements and behaviorism lol. 

In operant conditioning, a variable-ratio schedule is a schedule of reinforcementwhere a response is reinforced after an unpredictable number of responses. This schedule creates a steady, high rate of responding. Gambling and lottery games are good examples of a reward based on a variable ratio schedule.

Exactly, I am playing a computer game.

On 2018-10-23 at 11:11 AM, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

If that was the case then why not just make all parts of all frames obtainable from the same mission? Then you just trade in multiple of the same body part for the right one?

Answer: Because that defeats the entire point of having them in different locations with varying degrees of difficulty to obtain....

This^^

If DE isn't making Money off Warframe, it will cease to get updates and eventually cease to exist.