Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has there ever been an official reason for Primed trading tax?

Ulfhednar9

Question

11 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Makunogo said:

don't think anyone at such a low mr will have the mod capacity or willingness to be using primed mods..but seriously this is a silly question. and 1mil credits isnt hard to get so.

I think you missed what the actual question was.  I asked if there had ever been an explanation.  I was curious since there is such a disparity between primed mods and other items.  If you had no response to my actual question, you needn't have replied.

5 hours ago, BaIthazar said:

Likely it's to prevent new players from getting High-end loot at MR1.

Lol you can't trade at Mr 1 the lowest Mr for trading is Mr 2 

6 hours ago, Ulfhednar9 said:

Just curious, I don't really expect a change, but has DE ever given an official reason for the 1 mil trading tax?

I think it is cause the primed mods is a bit overpowered and they don't want you to be able to keep trading / buying a bundle of them but they also don't want you to not get any so they put a 1 mil trading tax and 1 mil is pretty low but if you buy like 5 prime mods than it is 5 mil and is that low? 

Looks reasonable enough for me

Sort of doesn’t make sense when you think about it. Who/what is taxing us? Where are all the credits going? It would be cool if the clan warlord can set the tax and then the credits go into a “clan bank” which could then be used for decorations or even give out credits to clan members. 

11 hours ago, Erytroxylin said:

Okay, so its grossly overpriced but you can still buy credits from the market for plat so you could get those things at MR 1 anyway lol. 

But if someone does that, the have to spend a lot of plat. And someone has to buy that plat.
So it works in DE's favor.