Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox Builds

KaTzZzzzZzZz

Question

So for what I've seen on the old forums, I'm really being confused about having low duration and strenght, whilst the frame abilities itself (since I'm mostly intending to be using Mend and Maim and ofc Pacify and Provoke as my main abilities) I am highly surprised people run by 40% duration and strenght while ultilizing more from efficiency and range. I currently don't have a fully built Equinox since I am missing a forma or two, but by checking the older forums, I came to question that if 40% duration and strenght with 175% efficiency and 235% range is really the best for Equinox. Now I get it she's out of meta or whatever someone's going to say about it, but I personally find her duality gamplay really agile and fun. The Build I came across (mods) are:

Energy Siphon or Corrosive Projection (unsure)

-Overextended

-Stretch

-Fleeting Expertise

-Streamline

-Vitality

-Hunter Adrenaline (formerly Rage but swapped up)

-Primed Flow (Swapped Redirection for extra energy, not sure if needed please notify)

There also is Natural Talent as the last mod, and the missing Exilus, so if anyone has suggestions for anything in this build please speak of.

The inspiration for the build was taken from Darzk which replied on another players forum. But I feel that forum is outdated currently and I believe the lot of it is questionable.

Thank you for any helpful reply! 🙂adBF8JF.jpg?1

Edited by KaTzZzzzZzZz

9 answers to this question

Tanking your Duration doesn't hurt all that much,
all you really need it for is Rest, and that still lasts ~long enough IMO.

Neglecting Strength is certainly an option, though personally,
I find a more versatile Equinox way more fun so I also build for Peaceful Provocation:

Corrosive Projection, Enemy Sense
(Umbral) Intensify, Energy Conversion
Stretch, Overextended
Streamline, Fleeting Expertise (both R5, because yes, 190% Efficiency does make a difference)
(Umbral) Vitality, Peaceful Provocation

More Strength = more / faster Squad Overshields from Mend and more Maim Slash proc damage
(which, even if it isn't enough to kill everything by itself, will still help by softening up enemies),
decent Squad buff from Provoke and more mass debuffing from Pacify, yay.

Trigger Energy Conversion before Pacify / Provoke (also Mend / Maim)
and the respective ability will utilize the boosted Strength until cancelled.

Edited by NinjaZeku

15 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Tanking your Duration doesn't hurt all that much,
all you really need it for is Rest, and that still lasts ~long enough IMO.

Neglecting Strength is certainly an option, though personally,
I find a more versatile Equinox way more fun so I also build for Peaceful Provocation:

Corrosive Projection, Enemy Sense
(Umbral) Intensify, Energy Conversion
Stretch, Overextended
Streamline, Fleeting Expertise (both R5, because yes, 190% Efficiency does make a difference)
(Umbral) Vitality, Peaceful Provocation

More Strength = more / faster Squad Overshields from Mend and more Maim Slash proc damage
(which, even if it isn't enough to kill everything by itself, will still help by softening up enemies),
decent Squad buff from Provoke and more mass debuffing from Pacify, yay.

Trigger Energy Conversion before Pacify / Provoke (also Mend / Maim)
and the respective ability will utilize the boosted Strength until cancelled.

Thanks for the reply! I'll come back after I am finished with my class course to discuss this more but appreciate the answer alot! 🙂

Edited by KaTzZzzzZzZz

Hello, 

The main reason people run that is because there is a channeling efficiency cap that can be achieved using one of two ways. And mend & maim builds should be running at that cap. 

1) reach 175% efficiency, duration won't matter 

2) reach 160% efficiency and 160% duration. This is the sweet spot efficiency duration balance which also caps channeled ability efficiency. 

You need streamline and fleeting expertise to reach 175% efficiency 

But to reach the 160/160 option you will need fleeting expertise at max rank, primed continuity and narrow minded (partially levelled - which will also reduce the range) there are other combos but as you can see you still need more mods than option 1.

And Equinox builds are usually very tight with no spare mod capacity. 

Next you want max range cause the mend/maim damage stacks with every enemy killed in its range, it will also extend your range of your 2nd and 3rd ability, though you will not usually be relying on those for a maim build too much.

So overextended and stretch (and augur reach or cunning drift) are chosen 

This will reduce your strength a lot but strength significantly affects only the 3 and day mode 2 abilities , it only affects the initial slash (and subsequent dot) of maim which will usually be low to begin with. 

Equinox is a rare channelized dps frame where strength is not needed. 

NOTE : this build is only for maim Equinox, the other (tanky, sleepy, support, slow CC, killer clone builds will not be very effective using this method, yes she has that many viable builds and they each work well for their function with different builds) 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Guess I should have said - duration doesn't matter (as long as you keep duration at 40%) 

I mean ... doesn't that mean it matters all the time then? 😛

Also, a Duration of 40% will suffice only if your Efficiency is at 190% (not 175% as you said).

Edited by NinjaZeku

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

I mean ... doesn't that mean it matters all the time then? 😛

Not technically wrong, just a conditional statement 😉

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

😛

Also, a Duration of 40% will suffice only if your Efficiency is at 190% (not 175% as you said).

You have shamed me, I must commit sepukku 😭

Steel fiber is very confusing on a frame with such low armor it feels like a wasted spot.

I also find rage / hunter adrenaline to be a bit of a poor choice on a frame that won't really get shot that much, and.. that low armor...

if your using the slow aura for tanking then your also missing a few mods. its also technically not an aura you can regen with the 3 running and go down to 12% duration.

Most of the tank builds I see look like this

unknown.png

and the dps maim builds tend to go something like

unknown.png

Jumping, aim-gliding then casting while in mid air moving removes the need to use Natural talent 

Equinox is a hard one depending on what you want from her, I could post about 8 Viable builds that work well in game.  All her augments are good.

iirc you can use energy transfer to sleep targets then bleed them with maim and abuse stealth multipliers.

Edited by Tatersail

Just saw your edits, 

Rage (or hunter adrenaline) and steel fiber is kinda pointless in a maim build, and not very effective on the slowing tank build,

I suggest you replace those mods with something else, even an intensify or transient fortitude (and pair with primed continuity or regular continuity) to maintain some duration and strength. 

Exilus mobilize... Is OK I guess but I would rather put in cunning or power drift. 

Natural talent makes sense, but I tend to cast my abilities while gliding and stuff and have my augment in this slot (all augments are great, you shouldn't run an Equinox without at least one augment)