Lephantis Solo...who'd have thought?

FlusteredFerret

Reading the Wiki, Lephantis seemed like a really tough boss to fight. There was a lot of info on frames, weapons, strategies etc.

In the end I just went in with my Rhino and Tigris and parkour'ed around the arena like crazy in between reloads.

That took care of Phase 1.

At the start of Phase 2, I noticed my frame no longer had any energy, so I figured I'd see what my Operator could do. Turns out it was a good move. Blasting the heads with my Amp and void dashing to keep from getting trampled / swatted etc. works pretty well.

I'm not usually the type to solo any tough missions and I rather surprised myself with this one. Actually thought it was way easier than Sargas Ruk & Tyl Regor (and I did those in teams).

Top tier strat for Kela is to bring Mesa (mine has ~200% strength) built for corrosive crit peacemakers, a punchthrough ignis, and complete war within.

You actually don’t want to use Shooting Gallery or Shattershield because you will need them off for the Airstrike phases. If they are both off, you can go into operator mode and cloak making yourself completely invincible. Punchthrough ignis cheeses the targetting puzzles real hard.

Edited by ljmadruga

15 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

Good job. You'll find that everything in the game is soloable so long as you go in and give it a shot. Some trickier than others, but you can do it 🙂

Heh. I still wouldn't try to tackle an Eidolon solo...at least not until I've got a better amp and some "cheesier" frames & weapons.

31 minutes ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

Bring a kitty for Kela and rapid AOE weapon for wheels of fortune and it’s no challenge.

Ambulas, just bring. landslide Atlas or Mag(netize). 

Mesa for both, bring a punch through weapon for Kela's dials.

Just don't have a stupid build for mesa and her regulators.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

Bring a kitty for Kela and rapid AOE weapon for wheels of fortune and it’s no challenge.

Ambulas, just bring. landslide Atlas or Mag(netize).  

They don't pose a problem. Just a bit of more challenge than other bosses. Ambulas with Augmented Armor Sortie 3 is pretty awesome.

1 hour ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Heh. I still wouldn't try to tackle an Eidolon solo...at least not until I've got a better amp and some "cheesier" frames & weapons.

Eh, the Teralyst can be soloed well enough, it's just preferable to go in with a team to kill the eidolon(s) faster.  For solo I'd recommend Chroma or Volt if you don't know what you're doing with Chroma.  Volt's easy enough - put up several shields for both bringing down its shield and hitting its weak points, use speed when firing your sniper rifle. Always use a sniper rifle for its consecutive hit multiplier.  I recommend the Lanka or Rubico, but the Vectis will feel like a semi-automatic with a bottomless magazine with faster reload speeds, but its innate scope bonus doesn't really come into play until late in the fight.  And whenever it brings artillery fire down on you, create a little shield bunker - 4 walls and jump before deploying a shield for a higher ceiling.  At least a ceiling.

1 hour ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Reading the Wiki, Lephantis seemed like a really tough boss to fight. There was a lot of info on frames, weapons, strategies etc.

In the end I just went in with my Rhino and Tigris and parkour'ed around the arena like crazy in between reloads.

That took care of Phase 1.

At the start of Phase 2, I noticed my frame no longer had any energy, so I figured I'd see what my Operator could do. Turns out it was a good move. Blasting the heads with my Amp and void dashing to keep from getting trampled / swatted etc. works pretty well.

I'm not usually the type to solo any tough missions and I rather surprised myself with this one. Actually thought it was way easier than Sargas Ruk & Tyl Regor (and I did those in teams).

You are benefiting from a number of mechanics and items that didn't exist back when Lephantis was added to the game in it's current form.

He was a bit of a headache back when first introduced though.