Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lephantis Solo...who'd have thought?

FlusteredFerret

19 minutes ago, (PS4)SteveOMatic said:

I thought this may have just been a glitch or I did something wrong.  Can we no longer hide in void during airstrike phase?

It worked ok for me. I brought my minimum duration EV Trinity. 

I believe if you have any active powers on your Warframe it does not become invulnerable when using spoiler mode. Also, Excalibur Umbra does not become invulnerable either.

34 minutes ago, Illithar said:

It worked ok for me. I brought my minimum duration EV Trinity. 

I believe if you have any active powers on your Warframe it does not become invulnerable when using spoiler mode. Also, Excalibur Umbra does not become invulnerable either.

Another Trin user. I thought I was going crazy that no one else uses her. The only hard part of that fight is forgetting to take it off Public and have 3 other blind players with no CC not be able to open the lift to get to her. 

5 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

Top tier strat for Kela is to bring Mesa

Not trinity? Few days ago was Kela assassination Sortie and Trin with just a handfull of EVs totally wrecked the boss. Me, having titania and spamming the living S#&$ in the boss hardly got 3-4%, while trin had about 89%~

58 minutes ago, deothor said:

Not trinity? Few days ago was Kela assassination Sortie and Trin with just a handfull of EVs totally wrecked the boss. Me, having titania and spamming the living S#&$ in the boss hardly got 3-4%, while trin had about 89%~

don't know about trin But I do know that Oberon's 1 can 6 shot her after armor striping (use his 2+4 to remove her armor in 2 hits) because it deals 500 +35% of the target's health as damage.  the reason for the 6 shots is that some of the orbs target the rollers and not her and it only can deal 75% of the damage as puncture is weak to flesh

Edited by spirit_of_76

8 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Reading the Wiki, Lephantis seemed like a really tough boss to fight. There was a lot of info on frames, weapons, strategies etc.

In the end I just went in with my Rhino and Tigris and parkour'ed around the arena like crazy in between reloads.

That took care of Phase 1.

At the start of Phase 2, I noticed my frame no longer had any energy, so I figured I'd see what my Operator could do. Turns out it was a good move. Blasting the heads with my Amp and void dashing to keep from getting trampled / swatted etc. works pretty well.

I'm not usually the type to solo any tough missions and I rather surprised myself with this one. Actually thought it was way easier than Sargas Ruk & Tyl Regor (and I did those in teams).

lephantis is one of the easiest boss

I always solo him, or help a friend.

1 shot each head, job done

Slova, tigtis prime with 48k slah and 32 blast.

Lephantis isn't a hard boss... it's only challenging for new players but that's it. It takes me less than 2 minutes to kill the normal Lephantis solo. The Sortie Lephantis isn't anything harder, it's just more of a bullet sponge, easy to solo as well.

11 hours ago, (PS4)SteveOMatic said:

I thought this may have just been a glitch or I did something wrong.  Can we no longer hide in void during airstrike phase?

so i'm not the only one, i was playing that sortie with a friend and he seems ok with his operator mode while i kept dying in mine.

Have no idea why and thought it is a sortie only thing. 

He's playing Volt so i thought he might have been hiding under a shield.

I only ever fought Sortie Kela once.

15 hours ago, (PS4)wolf-MAN010 said:

imo every boss is doable solo the only boss i had struggles with solo was ambulas because i couldn't get it hacked 3 times and beside i think a lot of people don't know how ambulas works and kela

Oh god - the Ambulas assassination mission on Pluto!

That was bloody hard! I was basically depending on more powerful team mates to take down the Ambulas, as even my Tigris with 4k radiation damage only seemed to chip away their HP.

I spent most of that mission keeping the Corpus reinforcements at bay and reviving team mates.

7 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Oh god - the Ambulas assassination mission on Pluto!

That was bloody hard! I was basically depending on more powerful team mates to take down the Ambulas, as even my Tigris with 4k radiation damage only seemed to chip away their HP.

I spent most of that mission keeping the Corpus reinforcements at bay and reviving team mates.

what frame did you use

25 minutes ago, (PS4)wolf-MAN010 said:

what frame did you use

Rhino - Iron Skin stopped me taking too much damage from the Ambulas and let me focus on dealing with the reinforcements. Also meant I could revive team mates without bleeding out myself. Also used Roar to buff them.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

16 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

You are benefiting from a number of mechanics and items that didn't exist back when Lephantis was added to the game in it's current form.

He was a bit of a headache back when first introduced though.

This. It was possible to solo it before but there weren't nearly as many options available at release. Spoiler mode wasn't even a thing when lephantis was release.

11 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Rhino - Iron Skin stopped me taking too much damage from the Ambulas and let me focus on dealing with the reinforcements. Also meant I could revive team mates without bleeding out myself. Also used Roar to buff them.

Ambulas and Kela was released relatively recently compared to other bosses. So it makes sense they would be harder. Still, if you brought the right weapons with the right elementals and some ciphers i think it would be easier. Tigris is an excellent weapon for henchmen but i feel it performs lackluster against many bosses in comparison (particularly ones that are immune to slash proc). I think crit weapons are better for bosses.