[DE]Helen

Live Now: Featured Dojos!

(I'm reposting this for the 3rd time, stop deleting my post i really need answers from the judges. )

I would sincerely like to know how you judged the dojos that won ?

They are all the same:

- No creativity, originality.

- There are giants everywhere without '' no life around ''

- Rooms outside the Dojo (using glitches)

- bad rooms finish (no colors, far too much fog, setting change request to be in immersion)

- too small for most

- Map still not finished for the most part.

None have tried to make rooms other than '' Nature '', '' Orokin '' or '' Lua ''.

Can be a little corpus but total absence of grineer

There was more beautiful dojo than that.

In my opinion, the votes were sloppy, as we could see in the PrimeTime, none of the participants who had made a video were retained only nice Screenshot. (and most have affinity with [DE])

As you said Winners will be selected based on creativity and quality of their Clan Dojo design!

Edited by taktikalshot
  • Upvote 7

My comment about comments being deleted was deleted.

Without explanation. 

I would like to know what rules are we supposedly breaking that leads to the feedback on the contest being deleted.

Especially since other comments reiterating the same points (glitch exploits, overreliance on sculpture builds) keep staying up. 

My original post had a lot of what I could consider a constructive feedback on how to alleviate many people's frustrations without having to do another contest, and all that is gone for no reason.

Edited by lexandritte
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, taktikalshot said:

(I'm reposting this for the 3rd time, stop deleting my post i really need answers from the judges. )

I would sincerely like to know how you judged the dojos that won ?

They are all the same:

- No creativity, originality.

- There are giants everywhere without '' no life around ''

- Rooms outside the Dojo (using glitches)

- bad rooms finish (no colors, far too much fog, setting change request to be in immersion)

- too small for most

- Map still not finished for the most part.

None have tried to make rooms other than '' Nature '', '' Orokin '' or '' Lua ''.

Can be a little corpus but total absence of grineer

There was more beautiful dojo than that.

In my opinion, the votes were sloppy, as we could see in the PrimeTime, none of the participants who had made a video were retained only nice Screenshot. (and most have affinity with [DE])

As you said Winners will be selected based on creativity and quality of their Clan Dojo design!

Saying that the dojos that won have no creativity is bull and you know that. You can argue with the results but don't tell me the dojos featured have no creativity.
You proceed to make random points, some of them nitpicking and then proceed to generalise using said points. I'm glad atleast you weren't the one judging. 
- My dojo had more than 1 grineer room although most grineer decor is awfull thus the reason why most people don't use it much.
- it has dozens of fully decorated rooms.
- Devs have shown on stream that they know about the outer space glitches and were okay with them and some of the outer space rooms look awesome and that is what the contest is about.
- I fail to see why people should make several themes if they can make them look good as they are.
- Saw plenty of rooms with "giants" that had a theme around them.
Again, you are free to disagree with DE's decision on who is the best looking dojo and I can understand it but don't bash the other dojos on some stupid random points you think other dojos should have or follow.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

Devs have shown on stream that they know about the outer space glitches and were okay with them and some of the outer space rooms look awesome and that is what the contest is about.

A glitch is a glitch. A literal breaking of rules.

First of all: not that many people know about it. And even if they know about the glitch they wouldn't know DE stance on it unless they saw that specific bit of prime time. The rest of the toolkit is same for everyone - same props, same resource costs (within clan tier), same room limits, same placement tools. Glitch is the outside-of-context tool, a literal ace up your sleeve. You shouldn't be judged against in a contest just because you didn't know how to break the game.

Second: when DE was looking at it in prime time, there was no conflict. It was players dojo an it was only affecting that clan, and their trade visitors, and since they sunk so much time and effort into it, it'd be bad for pro-player-choice developers to shut it down. So they kept it, since it only affected only that clan at that time. But they shot the future selves in the foot with this contest because now using glitches affects other clans and other people. It should have been made clear in the contest rules what the Dojo criteria are: glitches allowed, glitches not allowed, glitches allowed to be in dojo but they won't affect the judgement...

Third: it's not aesthetic. You might consider it "creative", but it's not aesthetic. If the criteria for how well Dojo looks is quality, then there is no quality in seeing the transparent backfaces of the models, one-way walk-through glass planes, broken lighting and players falling into bottomless abyss when miss-steping only to spawn in an inaccessable room. It's immersion breaking, it's visually breaking.

Is it unfair that people using glitching won the contest? No, it isn't. The onus wasn't on them not to use it, or for everyone else to use it, but for DE to address the issue.

This brings me to my actual point: there shouldn't have been a contest in the first place.

a) If featured Dojos are selected purely through community run contests, we KNOW that there won't be regular rotation. It will fall on the backburner and future contests, if there are any, will be more and more infrequent.

b) Contest, at least if run in this format, results in too much salt. Our debates about glitch using are heated enough to be the evidence of that.

c) The thing that people want the most is getting random visitors in your dojo, not necessarily plat, trophies or glory of the first place. If there was a way to give people links to your dojo or having a dojo/clan finder system, majority of players would be happy with that.

d) There are simply too many entries, quality entries to have just one winner. Even if you break it into 15 brackets, we have hundreds and thousands of clans. Only way it would work is if featured Dojo was picked every two weeks or a month at most, but since, again, it's run as a contest, unless you run them back to back there's no way to fit into that timeframe. We need either very short rotation with 1/5/15 winning spots, or an ability to go see other dojos withouth having to be online at the same time, knowing each others names and having to do manual invites.

Edited by lexandritte
  • Upvote 4

Okay, but when will the light/shadow glitches be fixed on PS4? Featured dojos would look better without the super glitchy spazzy shadows

• Haha 1

Could we un-nerf ember? The low level farming wasn't fixed all you did was kill a frame for 99% of content except for the low level farming. 

• Upvote 1

On 2018-10-29 at 8:27 AM, (PS4)Herculxs said:

Okay, but when will the light/shadow glitches be fixed on PS4? Featured dojos would look better without the super glitchy spazzy shadows

turn off character shadows

Did anyone end up receiving the trophy and platinum for their dojo wins? Wondering if it's just me or noone has.

EDIT: dojo trophy received, currently plastering it all over the dojo.

Edited by lexandritte

*shakes head* I can not believe these clans won, these judges must have been surprisingly basic if that was the case. Basic diablo statue wins....... over what every... Single.... player who enters my dojo says the best dojo in warframe XD the judges must not have been looking for what they were asking for, creativity, small details and thinking outside the box..... none of said winners did such. Congrats to the winners you guys got it good with those judges .. If on the other hand anyone is interested in seeing the best dojo in warframe based on player reviews let me know 🙂 mQXRQ0e.jpg

2X6pjQb.jpg

*bows*

Please add more capacity to obstacle course , I came up with something very interesting but lacked capacity, looked in others dojos there are not particularly steamed. Please more capacity)

Why do I find out about the competition, only a month after its end? There is nothing in the news, there is no newsletter, sadness ...

The dojo not taking part on the contest is entirely on my fault. The contest was up till January 24th and for some reason that still puzzles me I made the assumption it was up till 25th, and I was going to wait till the last day because I had some decoration still "baking".

Edited by Duduminador