Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Name change time

Zi-Sui

Question

Today I used the change alias option in the Warframe account menu but I haven't seen my name change so far. Is there an approval time for it or should it take effect immediately? I'm worried it might have gotten stuck in the filter since it was all caps and had the word "balls" in it, maybe it got filtered because of that? I only saw a warning right after about them not approving some names, can't remember exactly what it said but something like "we don't approve certain names" in red text in a small window. I also did not get charged the 200 platinum, at least not yet, and it's been almost two hours since I attempted it.

The reason I'm asking is I don't wanna try again without knowing my platinum would get reducted but the name would stay the same. But I guess I have to try a bit different name anyway if this change doesn't get approved.

7 answers to this question

The same name didn't work again, and it said in caps "we reserve the right to ban any account/alias deemed offensive". Guess I try with one letter non-caps then 😄

One letter non-caps didn't work either, I wonder what's going on, because the exact same name already exists without "s" in the balls, but mine wasn't taken. Either way, contacted support, waiting for reply some time this month.

Now I tried to replace the "s" in balls with "1" and it said "unknown error, please try again later". So I guess this time it didn't get filtered but got an error because I've tried to change the name too many times. Thanks for your help everyone, I think I'll get through this now.

Edited by BoarWarrior

4 hours ago, BoarWarrior said:

The same name didn't work again, and it said in caps "we reserve the right to ban any account/alias deemed offensive". Guess I try with one letter non-caps then 😄

One letter non-caps didn't work either, I wonder what's going on, because the exact same name already exists without "s" in the balls, but mine wasn't taken. Either way, contacted support, waiting for reply some time this month.

Now I tried to replace the "s" in balls with "1" and it said "unknown error, please try again later". So I guess this time it didn't get filtered but got an error because I've tried to change the name too many times. Thanks for your help everyone, I think I'll get through this now.

Or try to type in game /profile [name] to se if its taken by a nother player or not. In my case the nick Nephalem was taken by a mr 0 player with 5 hours of gameplay and probably innactive for more then 2 years. Made a support ticket and it was change by the gm who anwsered it (ofc 200p tax).

4 minutes ago, Nephalem said:

Or try to type in game /profile [name] to se if its taken by a nother player or not. In my case the nick Nephalem was taken by a mr 0 player with 5 hours of gameplay and probably innactive for more then 2 years. Made a support ticket and it was change by the gm who anwsered it (ofc 200p tax).

Thanks but already tried that on both attempts and it said username does not exist on both so that shouldn't be it.

On 2018-10-24 at 8:16 AM, GnarlsDarkley said:

Just tell us your new name. We will know it after the change anyway. This way we can say if your name may be offensive

It's the exact same name that was taken already except that I tried adding a "s" to the end and the filter message popped up, then I tried adding "1" instead of "s" to the end so there should be no way that's offensive, but got the unknown error message instead.

And I'd rather keep the name to myself and zendesk support ofc for the odd case of a troll taking it.

Thank you everyone for the support. The DE support handled my ticket within a week and changed my name to honor my pet rats who are long gone. Hope the best for ya'll!

Edited by GOOFBALL1