Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon: Fishing, Mining, Cores, Wisps and main sory - content gating. With suggestions

deothor

Hey guys, about a week ago I've came back to WF after year long break. there was plenty of things I had to re-learn and tbh I got quite overwhelmed, but with time I managed to get hold of most of new things that DE added.

I simply love Eidolon. It's fresh for WF and reminds me of 'good'ol days" with FireFall. Sadly this open world has "few" flaws that tbh are pretty obviously tacked on, yet pointless. I know I might be beating dead horse by now, but at least I'll know there's a tiny-slim chance there will be a change. Or maybe we'll get some nice discussion going here, who knows.

Ok, what exactly are my issues.

1. Rare fish requiring certain baits. The whole concept of bait increasing spawnrate is fine by me. But gating certain types of fish from ever spawning is trying to forcefully prolong the content the map has. And it's totally uneccessary tbh. Fishing is fun. Especially when some frames do "different things" to make fishing easier (love ivara fishing, it's fun).

My suggestions:

* Make all fish spawn and obviously the "endgame fish" to have lower chance of spawning (somewhere 1-3% would do)

* certain baits increase certain fish spawning

* Make fish weight matter when comes to standing, not just S/M/L= X/Y/Z standing

* Make endgame fish scale their HP a bit more, so they are tougher to catch for unprepared (lowbie) fisherman

* Update other maps with water so they could also be used to farm fish in (also introduce wildlife to other Earth missions)

2. Mining. Tbh this one is rather annoying. I don't dislike it, but if I could I'd just skip it. Feels annoying and pointless. It'd feel a whole lot better if we could excavate materials (tougher version of cryo-excavations). What's worse player is denied obtaining all possible materials without the use of strongest of cutters. Why. Just.. Why. Again, taking content and forcefully stretching it.

My suggestion:

* All ores/metals/gems (whatever you want to call them) can be obtainable with basic cutter. The amount varis depending on skill AND the cutter used (so there's a reason to upgrade it)

* Time needed to cut the ore depends on its rarity. Rarer materials need better cutting

* Let players get all necessary BPs for foundry for ores/gems OR let NPCS do it for small fee

* Have certain Grineer mining-oriented outposts consist low amounts of various ores/gems. Nothing huge. 

* Add excavator mission/bounty-mission

3. Teralyst and sentient cores. I'm not sure, but it feels like there's some decent chunk of content missing. We have only 2 ways of obtaining cores. Kill small things at night only, or kill big boss at night only. And the amount of cores you need is staggering. It's doable, but feels oddly empty. There's like nothing in middle. 

M suggestions:

* Rework core-rarity and how much it stands for. I'm proposing: cracked/intact/exceptional/flawless worth 100/200/300/500 respectively. The lowest in food chain, vomvalysts drop cracked cores.

* Add few more categories of eidolons that will fit in the missing parts. Something like eidolon special eximus-units

* Add cores as part of rewards for doing bounties, or even better let us steal those cores from grineers. They use lures afterall so they must have some cores on them

* Find a way of letting players to farm cores not only at night. Doesn't have to be tru-tru meta. Just an option for desperate.

* increase daily limits. It's already gated by nights. Or increase standing-limit each ingame night by few thousands beyond the max daily limit.

4. Wisps. What are those. For what other purpose than... Yet again... overextending the content? They look neat, but beyond being "yet another gate" they simply have no purpose. To be honest my suggestion for this would be either remove them, make them just decorative or nerf amount required to be usefull for anything. Adding 1 material for ONLY 1 purpose is bad as is, already. Making it pain in buttocks to farm only to increase players time played on eidolon tick from 10 to 50 hour (obvious exaggeration) is unhealthy.

Lastly, I'd even say the accumulation, the greatest issue that connects all of those things together into one issue of the biggest scale, that I don't remember even happening in WF before:

All of that is FORCEFULLY REQUIRED for you to do to progress main story. Fishing, Mining, Wisp farming, core farming. All of this. Everything HAS to be done. You can't skip it (unless you want to cheese main mission). For a player to actually stand a chance in umbra saga, he needs to have his first-crafted AMP, which is:

- make a side-looking-quest

- catch ALL TIERS OF FISH

- mine ALL TIERS OF ORES/GEMS

- max the cetus syndicate (for necessary blueprints for baits/gems/tools)

- farm cores to increase level with Onkko syndicate (remember you have no tools for BOSS, so you should be slowly farming vomvalysts, unless you just want to leech... Like everyone does)

- farm minimum of 30 wisps- compared to all other tasks, it's childsplay, yet still annoying.

Sounds little on paper, but I can promise you that once you'll want to do it, like seriously focus on progressing the main story (which is just awesome, pls MOAR), then you'll get dizzy from just sketching overall farm-plan. It is simply insane. Obviously you can cut some corners by leeching boss, buying gems and fish parts, but if you want to progress it alone (as you did with all other main quests), without cheesing stuff. Then well.. See you in bare-minimum 200 hours (of pure mindless grind).

Oh and whoever says "you can do without" is dirty lier or simple cheese-cake.... Or some ungodly being with either uncompared luck or skill.

In my case, after doing all of this, there was 1 more issue. My operator was insta dying whenever umbra decided to use radiant javelin, or slash me twice. After a while I came up with the idea to disarm him with blast from one of schools and that glitched him out. Otherwise i'd die. But that's just beyond the point. maybe I did something wrong there. 

---

Anyways. Not ever before were a player forced to do SO MUCH to progress main story. Yea sure once we had to scan something or kill something, but this time DE dropped whole minigame on us just to let us to get into main story. And from the looks of it I heard it was so-much-harder before.

DE devs, I dunno if anyone of you will bother to read it, but if you do, just know this: This content stretching is unecessary and actually makes gameplay so much worse. I'd stick in eidolon as long even without forcing me to catch few thousands fishes. Really.

Lastly as a cherry on a cake here's a bug that kinda made me write this text just as a form to relax myself:

if you had spent all of you daily standing and then you still offer fish for the old creepy hag to get some points: It will waste. You will lose all of your fish. For nothing. 0 gain. Null. Egg. That being said 45 minutes of fishing back into the sea. I'm still pissed.

Edited by deothor
Fxing typos, formating

30 minutes ago, deothor said:

trying to forcefully prolong the content the map has

"Forcefully" seems to be code for stuff you don't like.

32 minutes ago, deothor said:

This content stretching is unecessary

You may feel this way but the reality is quite the opposite.

1 hour ago, deothor said:

I simply love Eidolon. It's fresh for WF and reminds me of 'good'ol days" with FireFall. Sadly this open world has "few" flaws that tbh are pretty obviously tacked on, yet pointless. I know I might be beating dead horse by now, but at least I'll know there's a tiny-slim chance there will be a change.

It's funny you mention FireFall. I always get flashbacks to that game when playing Warframe, so much the shame how it all ended up...

First up though is that Warframe isn't really an 'Open World', it is really just an instanced large fixed map set outdoors. In contrast to the other maps which are all randomly based tiles but still only 4 player instances.

Players will always be able to consume content much faster than it can be created so slowing down people by mining and fishing is so people can take their time and gain things over time. Only issue is the world changed when this type of slow down was commonplace and accepted by the players.

Now we live in a world where bingeing is common and where most things are instant. Way I see it is that DE is forcing people to prove they have exhausted the content provided before they start complaining of content droughts or forced content. The same thing happened with elite alerts and having to have completed the starmap, ie. prove you've done all provided content before arbitrations, and also I see a similar thing with Railjack and archwing, people complained/ignored archwing but if they want new content they have to use/endure the older content provided.

All the Eidolon stuff atm is extra and not necessary to do any of the current content, it'll just make it quicker/easier (funny how progress in games usually results in less skill as you just nuke the map).

@Mookan Yea I know this can't really be called Open World, but compared to all the tight locations we had so far, Eidolon looks and feels almost as big as GTA5 map :P

About how players eat content.. Well.. yea. But they didn't have to shove it right through out main story. This could have been made as a great side-mission place. I'm just having issues accepting the fact that I have to fish and mine thousands of times to save Lotus. This doesn't feel right.

Either way I could really live with how things are if they weren't so restricted and rough. Not asking to "liberate the content", but just.. Make it less painfully annoing to go through.

It's kinda funny. Had DE just used all Eidolon content as side-quests I'd happily do it all. It's fun and different from the rest. But now when I'm forced to go through it... I'm already thinking what else I could play rather than WF.

@Miser_able I somewhat remember that but considering how many cores you need to progress, both options: lua and vomvalyst, aren't even close to consider them a real, solid, option. Yeah sure they are there, but at this point they could have made sortie giving 1 intact core as a reward with 1% chance drop make exactly the same difference. 

The disparency between Teralyst and vomvalyst is far too huge.

No one will ever be happy. Inb4 complaints that PoE is too easy, and it content is finished too fast. 

It took me... 3-6 months to get everything in PoE. Standing, Arcanes, Fish, Mods, etc. Rushing it will never work, and Fortuna is supposedly much larger in content. Take your time. Do something else in Wf, come back to Cetus when bored. You'll finish it eventually. 

And well, at least mining is getting a rework. Fishing is not too bad, even with the bait issue. 

5 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

No one will ever be happy. Inb4 complaints that PoE is too easy, and it content is finished too fast. 

It took me... 3-6 months to get everything in PoE. Standing, Arcanes, Fish, Mods, etc. Rushing it will never work, and Fortuna is supposedly much larger in content. Take your time. Do something else in Wf, come back to Cetus when bored. You'll finish it eventually. 

And well, at least mining is getting a rework. Fishing is not too bad, even with the bait issue. 

I kinda like how baits work right now as opposed to hard RNG that OP wants.

hace 3 horas, deothor dijo:

Hey guys, about a week ago I've came back to WF after year long break. there was plenty of things I had to re-learn and tbh I got quite overwhelmed, but with time I managed to get hold of most of new things that DE added.

I simply love Eidolon. It's fresh for WF and reminds me of 'good'ol days" with FireFall. Sadly this open world has "few" flaws that tbh are pretty obviously tacked on, yet pointless. I know I might be beating dead horse by now, but at least I'll know there's a tiny-slim chance there will be a change. Or maybe we'll get some nice discussion going here, who knows.

Ok, what exactly are my issues.

1. Rare fish requiring certain baits. The whole concept of bait increasing spawnrate is fine by me. But gating certain types of fish from ever spawning is trying to forcefully prolong the content the map has. And it's totally uneccessary tbh. Fishing is fun. Especially when some frames do "different things" to make fishing easier (love ivara fishing, it's fun).

My suggestions:

* Make all fish spawn and obviously the "endgame fish" to have lower chance of spawning (somewhere 1-3% would do)

* certain baits increase certain fish spawning

* Make fish weight matter when comes to standing, not just S/M/L= X/Y/Z standing

* Make endgame fish scale their HP a bit more, so they are tougher to catch for unprepared (lowbie) fisherman

* Update other maps with water so they could also be used to farm fish in (also introduce wildlife to other Earth missions)

2. Mining. Tbh this one is rather annoying. I don't dislike it, but if I could I'd just skip it. Feels annoying and pointless. It'd feel a whole lot better if we could excavate materials (tougher version of cryo-excavations). What's worse player is denied obtaining all possible materials without the use of strongest of cutters. Why. Just.. Why. Again, taking content and forcefully stretching it.

My suggestion:

* All ores/metals/gems (whatever you want to call them) can be obtainable with basic cutter. The amount varis depending on skill AND the cutter used (so there's a reason to upgrade it)

* Time needed to cut the ore depends on its rarity. Rarer materials need better cutting

* Let players get all necessary BPs for foundry for ores/gems OR let NPCS do it for small fee

* Have certain Grineer mining-oriented outposts consist low amounts of various ores/gems. Nothing huge. 

* Add excavator mission/bounty-mission

3. Teralyst and sentient cores. I'm not sure, but it feels like there's some decent chunk of content missing. We have only 2 ways of obtaining cores. Kill small things at night only, or kill big boss at night only. And the amount of cores you need is staggering. It's doable, but feels oddly empty. There's like nothing in middle. 

M suggestions:

* Rework core-rarity and how much it stands for. I'm proposing: cracked/intact/exceptional/flawless worth 100/200/300/500 respectively. The lowest in food chain, vomvalysts drop cracked cores.

* Add few more categories of eidolons that will fit in the missing parts. Something like eidolon special eximus-units

* Add cores as part of rewards for doing bounties, or even better let us steal those cores from grineers. They use lures afterall so they must have some cores on them

* Find a way of letting players to farm cores not only at night. Doesn't have to be tru-tru meta. Just an option for desperate.

* increase daily limits. It's already gated by nights. Or increase standing-limit each ingame night by few thousands beyond the max daily limit.

4. Wisps. What are those. For what other purpose than... Yet again... overextending the content? They look neat, but beyond being "yet another gate" they simply have no purpose. To be honest my suggestion for this would be either remove them, make them just decorative or nerf amount required to be usefull for anything. Adding 1 material for ONLY 1 purpose is bad as is, already. Making it pain in buttocks to farm only to increase players time played on eidolon tick from 10 to 50 hour (obvious exaggeration) is unhealthy.

Lastly, I'd even say the accumulation, the greatest issue that connects all of those things together into one issue of the biggest scale, that I don't remember even happening in WF before:

All of that is FORCEFULLY REQUIRED for you to do to progress main story. Fishing, Mining, Wisp farming, core farming. All of this. Everything HAS to be done. You can't skip it (unless you want to cheese main mission). For a player to actually stand a chance in umbra saga, he needs to have his first-crafted AMP, which is:

- make a side-looking-quest

- catch ALL TIERS OF FISH

- mine ALL TIERS OF ORES/GEMS

- max the cetus syndicate (for necessary blueprints for baits/gems/tools)

- farm cores to increase level with Onkko syndicate (remember you have no tools for BOSS, so you should be slowly farming vomvalysts, unless you just want to leech... Like everyone does)

- farm minimum of 30 wisps- compared to all other tasks, it's childsplay, yet still annoying.

Sounds little on paper, but I can promise you that once you'll want to do it, like seriously focus on progressing the main story (which is just awesome, pls MOAR), then you'll get dizzy from just sketching overall farm-plan. It is simply insane. Obviously you can cut some corners by leeching boss, buying gems and fish parts, but if you want to progress it alone (as you did with all other main quests), without cheesing stuff. Then well.. See you in bare-minimum 200 hours (of pure mindless grind).

Oh and whoever says "you can do without" is dirty lier or simple cheese-cake.... Or some ungodly being with either uncompared luck or skill.

In my case, after doing all of this, there was 1 more issue. My operator was insta dying whenever umbra decided to use radiant javelin, or slash me twice. After a while I came up with the idea to disarm him with blast from one of schools and that glitched him out. Otherwise i'd die. But that's just beyond the point. maybe I did something wrong there. 

---

Anyways. Not ever before were a player forced to do SO MUCH to progress main story. Yea sure once we had to scan something or kill something, but this time DE dropped whole minigame on us just to let us to get into main story. And from the looks of it I heard it was so-much-harder before.

DE devs, I dunno if anyone of you will bother to read it, but if you do, just know this: This content stretching is unecessary and actually makes gameplay so much worse. I'd stick in eidolon as long even without forcing me to catch few thousands fishes. Really.

Lastly as a cherry on a cake here's a bug that kinda made me write this text just as a form to relax myself:

if you had spent all of you daily standing and then you still offer fish for the old creepy hag to get some points: It will waste. You will lose all of your fish. For nothing. 0 gain. Null. Egg. That being said 45 minutes of fishing back into the sea. I'm still pissed.

Really long textwall just to said something like "I am to lazy to play the game , i played 1 day ... take 1 year break and then expect to catch up in 1 more day" . Pretty sad your entire thread . The game its not desing aiming for people that play 10 days for year , its for people that play on regular basis , they need to put that "stretching" so people dont rush all the content in 1 day .

On topic : You can do sacrifice/umbra quest with the mote amp without doing nothing of the things mention in this thread ... so , even more sad of your part.

1 minute ago, orangescythe1990 said:

I kinda like how baits work right now as opposed to hard RNG that OP wants.

Baits are still there and still working the same way. You just have a tiny chance of catching a rare fish without the bait.

6 minutes ago, deothor said:

Baits are still there and still working the same way. You just have a tiny chance of catching a rare fish without the bait.

Then what's the point? It would be so low that you couldn't "skip" pass standing grind anyway. 

It would also just lead to people complaining that the drop chance is so low that it "forces" you to get bait... I'm assuming DE just decided to skip that drama and make it so that you need bait to make rare fish have any chance at spawning.

Edited by Hypernaut1

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Then what's the point? It would be so low that you couldn't "skip" pass standing grind anyway. 

Not every suggestion has to be jaw shattering. Even small things will improve the game. And if you say it wouldn't change anything, then how about if it was tiny, but noticeable, say 10%? That would allow players to have more leeway while fishing And remember even if rare, endgame, fish shows up, it might be too tough for you to take down (unless you dont mind throwing your spear for few minutes). it could for example be swimming faster, in erratic way.

And please, don't try to find a loophole as if to bring whole idea down. Help expand it if anything.

Firstly welcome back to warframe. 

The issue I see is that there was too much for you to do after a long gap. 

If you had played regularly you might not feel that big of a wall to climb. Do note, I am not criticizing your choice of taking a break. I am stating a fact. 

Also the current cost of making things on the plains has gone down by a significant amount (can't remember which update it was) it was much higher before.

And though the game is still extremely grindy... Well... It's warframe it's supposed to be that way not sure what else I can say. 

You can also trade for most of the resources between players (except wisps I think) and get them via incursions (I wouldn't go that way). 

I expect the grind on poe to be reduced further after the release of Fortuna, they have already stated they will be changing the mining mini game to be more... Casual and more rewarding. 

"to beat the last part of the game's main story, you need to play the rest of the game which is unacceptable"

also you don't even need a good amp to fight umbra. There's a lot of cheese that works regarding his broken ai that lets you solo him (if you are skilled enough to figure them out)

When PoE came out I was just getting into Warframe for the second time. I stopped before I ever leveled my Mag frame and I didn't even have rhino. My MR was maybe 4 or 5 at most. Seeing that I could only gain like, 4-6k standing with ostrons per day is what "forced" me to put my nose to the grindstone and work my butt off for mastery ranks. I knew each MR rank I got was another 7k standing per week. I got up to MR 17 within a month which made grinding ostron standing in a reasonable amount of time, much easier. 

Tou can fish with other players and make usage of their baits, though they might have to throw it in a hotspot on your side I forgot if they patched that in this past mainline or if it's in fortuna release. For eidolon gems they can just trade them to you. you can't trade for the other gems but those only take the basic cutter AFIK. the mid teir cutter is just slightly more beneficial then the basic one.  

So worst case, you can't be locked out of content unless you are so low MR you can only get like 12 items in trades per day. In which case, that content isn't designed for your current progression into the game. The way I saw PoE at first is " Oh, this isn't really for new players, this is more mid game content". then I went and played the game out side of PoE, learned more of the basics of warframe and just progressed the star chart and my MR rank. within two weeks or less I was ready to do PoE content with ease. 

There's a lot to do in PoE when you start from nothing. But that's how it was for everyone. 

Edited by Fire2box

Rare fish and gems can be bought for plat if you don't have access to the right tools / baits yet. That's what I did.

I have done almost everything on PoE now. Looking back there indeed was some tedious farming, but in general it was good fun and easier than it looked in advance.

Edited by Aazhyd

Most of OP advices, especially about fishing, would actually make the PoE content harder/more complicated for new player.

Fishing and mining is right now rather simple and you can easily level up Ostron and get all baits and mining tools. The baits are basically - get fish 1 and use it to make bait for fish 2, get fish 2 and use it to make bait for fish 3 etc. All the "rare" fish have description on respective bait where and when to use it, so all you have to do is figure which spear is better and go get the fish. I tried cuthol fishing for 1st time yesterday - found random puddle on map with hotspot at night, threw in bait and got 5 cuthols in 3 min. How much more simple can it be. Bait blueprints are given for standing that can again be gained even with very same fishing, fishing baits take couple of fish for 20 piece of bait that each can give at least 5 more fish. Mining tools - I skipped 2nd and only got last one for rare ores. Basically even just playing free roam on solo gives a lot of ways to get resources and standing and grind is actually very easy if you read what and where to get. Also when you get high MR and gear up, highest bounties become fast and easy way to gain standing as well.

Eidolon shards is not an issue as well the longer you play if you at least try to get an amp other than mote. I am still basically leeching Teralyst hunts in public games because I have no decent gun for Synovias but I have amp that take shields down fast, so I spend time on shields and killing vombalysts while teammates kill Synovias (usualy on public games I see more people that can one shot Synovia than those who have decent amps). That way most of games I join are over in a matter of couple of minutes and nobody even notice that one dude had water pistol.

I am player form 2013 that returned to Warframe couple of months ago at MR3 (I think?) and at first PoE seemed like something very difficult as I couldn't even complete lowest bounties but I am now about to hit max ranks with both Ostron and Quills by casually sometimes doing some fishing and mining and farming bounties for mods. The most important part for me to massively improve progression was doing all the quests I had access to from codex as fast as possible and building ANY amp that isn't mote. After that everything in the game became if not very easy then at least possible to do.

9 hours ago, deothor said:

let us steal those cores from grineers. They use lures afterall so they must have some cores on them

Like your idea here. Yeah its their lures so where do they stash the cores.

Would make for a good excursion.

If I remember correctly I first crafted a 111 amp as it was the cheapest and most accessible. Then I used it to start killing the first Eidolon. I was only doing first and maybe second Eidolon for a while. It gets you a fair amount of cores already, much more than farming vomvalist. As soon as you start killing Eidolons cores are not an issue anymore.

You need to be rank 1 with the Quills and spend 4000 standing to get 2 of the 3 blueprint, you can pick the last part as the reward when you level up from 0 to 1. You need Murkay so you need the bait, which is available rank 2 with the Ostrons.

Do I like the idea of so much operator stuff locked behind fishing and mining ? No, mining is awful, and fishing is ok-ish, but I don't think the first amp grind is that bad. It's a different story if you aim for a 223 or 323 directly when both Ostron and Quills standing is at 0, but that's not the way to do it.

Cetus whisp is an awful resource all around, that's for sure.

The only thing I found frustrating when trying to progress through PoE content, focus trees and beefing up operator, was the virtual wall created by Standing with the Ostron and Quillls ( especially Ostron ).

This was because no matter how much time you invest on the game, there’s just no way around that except waiting for the next day/reset.

This is especially painful if you’re low MR ( like I was ), since the lower the MR, the lower the daily cap.

Considering the chain of requirements, where you have to raise your standing to be able to unlock A, then get more standing to buy A, which you will use to acquire B, which in turn needs a higher standing level plus item standing cost, which, you guessed it, is needed to build C, etc etc.

All that would be fine if it wasn’t the daily cap. No matter how much effort you put into it, you can’t really progresss any faster.

This is why I always recommend finding a fishing buddy that can help you with baits, or simply use trade to get the fish you need.

Edited by (PS4)xtharbadx

3 hours ago, (PS4)Black_Adder_ said:

I am still basically leeching Teralyst hunts in public games because I have no decent gun for Synovias but I have amp that take shields down fast, so I spend time on shields and killing vombalysts while teammates kill Synovias (usualy on public games I see more people that can one shot Synovia than those who have decent amps).

I wouldn't call that leeching, because you actually contribute to the mission. If there's one or two people who can take off Synova in seconds, there's no need for all team members to have equipment to do that. Just support and it's fine.

2 hours ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

All that would be fine if it wasn’t the daily cap. No matter how much effort you put into it, you can’t really progresss any faster.

I agree, the daily cap is a total pain. If it weren't for that, I'd have had max standing weeks earlier.

5 hours ago, Obviousclone said:

"to beat the last part of the game's main story, you need to play the rest of the game which is unacceptable" 

also you don't even need a good amp to fight umbra. There's a lot of cheese that works regarding his broken ai that lets you solo him (if you are skilled enough to figure them out) 

You don't even have to cheese him. I beat him with an ungilded Mote Amp and I don't remember it taking that long to do it.

18 minutes ago, Aazhyd said:

I wouldn't call that leeching, because you actually contribute to the mission. If there's one or two people who can take off Synova in seconds, there's no need for all team members to have equipment to do that. Just support and it's fine.

I agree, the daily cap is a total pain. If it weren't for that, I'd have had max standing weeks earlier.

the daily cap actually adds some value to farming. if there was no limit on standing there would be alot less incentive to do things over time (which is bad for a mmo) cus u can speed run it in a day.  

true its not fun being limited but it also made me appreciate what i eventually got. cus as someone else said earlier we are too used to being given out everything quickly. this is not a game meant to be sped through in a few days.

I for one love the feeling when i can hit that mental checklist *check* done my ostron for today now i can do something else.

however i do think the amount of standing per day should be double what it is currently because it's a bit too restrictive, but then things should cost about 15% more in that case.

Edited by Makunogo

13 hours ago, deothor said:

Rare fish requiring certain baits.

the idea behind this was to make sure you invest in Cetus rep, Fortuna is gonna be the same where you'll need Solaris Rep if you want to actually do anything. you just gotta work your way up the rare fish tree: start with you common fish types, until you get the rep for Murkray Bait, then get that and farm Murkray for Norg Bait, then Norgs for Cuthol and Cuthol for Glappid. the hardest part of fishing is the RNG and finding hotspots away from Grineer patrols unless you use Ivara.

Mining.

getting reworked soon, no more line tracing and it's possible that improved and Advanced cutters will both have a chance to yield multiple resources on a perfect heat. again, it's to encourage rep farming, and getting the higher end cutters.

Teralyst and sentient cores.

Sentients on Lua can drop cores, and your cracked core idea.. just why? Voms dropping regular cores is far better, why add another unnecessary type of Core that isn't even worth much? 

Wisps.

an annoying farm, i'll agree, but as is often pointed out to me, a few runs of Zephyr/Nova around the ponds can net you a few, and if you're lucky T5 bounties can get you 2-4 wisps per run. if you have a massive surplus of Cores like I do, you can buy them from Onkko (a bit pricey, but saves time). the only reason I'm not swimming in wisps is through my own choice. might have to start getting more serious on this though.

All of that is FORCEFULLY REQUIRED for you to do to progress main story.

Umbra released like a year or more after the Plains, by then you're expected to have gotten so far through the content. you took a break, and that's fine. we all need breaks now and then, but you should probably have known that if you leave for a little while, the game isn't gonna stop for you; the content is just gonna keep coming and you'll get left behind. this is the downside to taking a break. 

overall it seems to me that you're just annoyed that you're now far behind because you took a break. again, breaks are fine, essential even to avoid burnout. but your only real options are to either get back into the swing of things or not. and Fortuna... well, Fortuna is MASSIVE, if you think Plains content was overstretched, Fortuna is gonna be stretched further than your eyes can see; more syndicates, more mechanics, more things to buy and the "spiderlons" to fight. there's only one way to tackle grind, and that's head on.