About Focus Schools Passive Nodes

Brimstone

Question

Hey Warframe community!

So, Since I didn't manage to find an answer to this obvious question anywhere, I feel like it's about time that I ask that here.

The question is this: Do passives from the focus schools such as "Phoenix Talons" (Madurai), "Affinity Spike" (Naramon) or "Mending Unity" (Vazarin) Work when you are using other schools?

For example, Does "Affinity Spike" (which is maxed for me) work when using Zenurik as an active school?

*My question is specifically about the nodes that say "Passive" below them, and not "Passive - Way-Bound"

Thank you!

19 answers to this question

No the passives do not work when using other schools. Only waybounds work with other schools but you need to max them and get the necessary focus pool for them to work, and then activate them in the other school with a click so they turn red from grey.

Once you max a waybound with a million focus and brilliant eidolon shard on the last rank, it will show up in the other schools. That is an indication of it being available there. But as said above, you may need to click it there to turn it active, red. And for it to be active you need a larger focus pool.

Edited by BoarWarrior

39 minutes ago, BoarWarrior said:

No the passives do not work when using other schools. Only waybounds work with other schools but you need to max them and get the necessary focus pool for them to work, and then activate them in the other school with a click so they turn red from grey.

Once you max a waybound with a million focus and brilliant eidolon shard on the last rank, it will show up in the other schools. That is an indication of it being available there. But as said above, you may need to click it there to turn it active, red. And for it to be active you need a larger focus pool.

Wait you need a brilliant eidolon shard to max a waybound? 

Danggit cause I have access ESO and a lot of good frames and I have almost maxed energy dash with a few hundred thousand focus(thought of saving them for fun and since my energy dash gives 5 energy regen per sec already)

Is there a way to get a brilliant eidolon shard except for hunting eidolons(my laptop is poor) like through trading? Special mission rewards? Like ESO got a synthetic eidolon shard

1 minute ago, kamyung said:

Danggit cause I have access ESO and a lot of good frames and I have almost maxed energy dash with a few hundred thousand focus(thought of saving them for fun and since my energy dash gives 5 energy regen per sec already)

Is there a way to get a brilliant eidolon shard except for hunting eidolons(my laptop is poor) like through trading? Special mission rewards? Like ESO got a synthetic eidolon shard

Well no but you can always get carried in teralyst, it's easy to solo, don't even need void strike and kavat and Trinity for it, just Rhino/Chroma radiation damage fully formaed sniper, best is Rubico Prime. And good amp, not mote one.

But yeah add me in-game and we probably are online at the same time in weekend so I can boost you 3-4 teralysts per night, that's 3-4 shards. Unless you have a clanmate or friend to rely on.

Think of it, it couldve been great if Passives (not waybound) could be used across schools - Like an actual endgame, sort of, benefits.

I mean, having the bonus of 80% to operator energy WHILE getting bonus 45% affinity from melee kills doesnt seem to me like too much to ask, for the grind. 

Edited by Brimstone

3 minutes ago, BoarWarrior said:

Well no but you can always get carried in teralyst, it's easy to solo, don't even need void strike and kavat and Trinity for it, just Rhino/Chroma radiation damage fully formaed sniper, best is Rubico Prime. And good amp, not mote one.

But yeah add me in-game and we probably are online at the same time in weekend so I can boost you 3-4 teralysts per night, that's 3-4 shards. Unless you have a clanmate or friend to rely on.

I know and I have pretty much enough formaed gear and the problem isn't I can solo them ,it is my laptop can't handle Poe especially when there is an eidolon smashing the ground and the vomvalyst following it

1 minute ago, kamyung said:

I know and I have pretty much enough formaed gear and the problem isn't I can solo them ,it is my laptop can't handle Poe especially when there is an eidolon smashing the ground and the vomvalyst following it

Can you load into the fight though and pick the shard afterwards if someone else does the dirty job?

1 minute ago, BoarWarrior said:

Can you load into the fight though and pick the shard afterwards if someone else does the dirty job?

I don't know but I think I can but there are times when I was desperate so I joined a team and ended up frozen solid

6 minutes ago, kamyung said:

I don't know but I think I can but there are times when I was desperate so I joined a team and ended up frozen solid

Might wanna try with someone else capping the bugger and you staying at the gates until it's done, then come to pick the shard.

1 hour ago, BoarWarrior said:

Damn I wasn't aware that you had to manually activate waybounds after unlocking them, that means the handful that I've unlocked over the months were never used by me?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Damn I wasn't aware that you had to manually activate waybounds after unlocking them, that means the handful that I've unlocked over the months were never used by me?

I'm not sure, but that's how I remember it. It's been over a month and it was so quick and not very meaningful. Anyway you will know they are active when they are red, and inactive when they are grey. When in doubt, better make sure.

On 2018-10-24 at 5:16 AM, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Just unlocking a waybound isnt enough to let other schools use it.  If you want it to be active while using another focus school u have to pay for it with that focus school's skill points.  For example to have Madurai 's extra operator energy and regen while in zenuric u have to goto Zen and activate those unbound Madurai abilities.  Aka 17ap  + 7ap  = 24 extra pool points

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN

On 2018-10-24 at 3:15 PM, kamyung said:

I'm sure that Energizing Dash isn't a waybound so it won't require a Brilliant Eidolon Shard to max.

1 hour ago, orangescythe1990 said:

I'm sure that Energizing Dash isn't a waybound so it won't require a Brilliant Eidolon Shard to max.

I know but I have a lot of focus points and I could max out the way bounds already but I didn't cause I liked to wait (lazy is the word you might say) and Welp no more void flow 

Just now, kamyung said:

I know but I have a lot of focus points and I could max out the way bounds already but I didn't cause I liked to wait (lazy is the word you might say) and Welp no more void flow 

Hunting Eidolons is the only place where the focus schools are really necessary other than Energizing Dash which is good anywhere. Hunts are pretty hard to get into anyway since most of the experienced players only participate in closed groups that do 5x3 and I'm not good enough for that yet.

Why don't you try doing it at a friends place. You only need 10 of them and you can get it from the Teralyst so you can probably get it done in 2 night cycles.

2 minutes ago, orangescythe1990 said:

Hunting Eidolons is the only place where the focus schools are really necessary other than Energizing Dash which is good anywhere. Hunts are pretty hard to get into anyway since most of the experienced players only participate in closed groups that do 5x3 and I'm not good enough for that yet.

Why don't you try doing it at a friends place. You only need 10 of them and you can get it from the Teralyst so you can probably get it done in 2 night cycles.

Nah I can farm eidolons myself and I have a laptop that can handle plains, that I will be using in most likely December cause the one I use now lags even when low setting and when solo

Edited by kamyung