Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now that we are orphans and space mom is a traitor, should we redeem/restore sanity to Stalker as a new, opposing faction leader?

BrazilianJoe

8 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

*That is that

Values form direction and Direction assigns purpose.

Assuming The Lotus was a reliable compass for where our purpose should lie is how we've wound up in the mess we are in now.

We went from tools used by the Orokin to put down one wayward creation to becoming tools used by that creation to put the Orokin down instead...Only to have, in turn, become tools used by that same group to bat cleanup on the factions currently controlling the Origin system.  

I guess I should clarify, I'm actually agreeing with you. At this point, with the operators' character growth where it is, Lotus only really serves as flavor AI assistant. That role can be filled by any number of other characters, so Lotus doesn't serve a unique in-mission role for the Tenno anymore. And with her (apparent) departure, the floor is open for others to take up that mantle. Others more in line with each individual's goals.

Edited by Archeyef
Others, not Other

2 hours ago, Archeyef said:

I guess I should clarify, I'm actually agreeing with you. At this point, with the operators' character growth where it is, Lotus only really serves as flavor AI assistant. That role can be filled by any number of other characters, so Lotus doesn't serve a unique in-mission role for the Tenno anymore. And with her (apparent) departure, the floor is open for others to take up that mantle. Other more in line with each individual's goals.

Thanks for the clarification!

I haven’t read all responses, so if mine is redundant I apologize in advance. 

A redemption story in juxtaposition to the fall of Lotus is intriguing. As you point out there is an unused mechanic in the player controlled (not to be confused with operator controlled) system. 

Likely it hasn’t gone live because:

A. We don’t really know wat the Stalker is. 

B. The System as is could be toxic to the community vis-à-vis PVP forced into PVP. 

However that’s is the opportunity. A quest can reveal the nature of the stalker. A scenario, loosing like this, players learn the stalker can be redeemed. Presumably, seen as a worthwhile ally or at least end of a threat. Through some new mechanism of transference the player can opt in to a system that supports the player controlled Stalker invasions in PVE. The limitation being you can only invade other players that have opted in. 

To gain enough influence over stalker you must successfully kill x number of Warframes, randomly selected from the volunteers. Unlocking the story conclusion that redeems the Stalker.   

It would be very interesting to talk with Stalker. He knows something about our past, which can provide answers to many questions.

But how is the leader? What for? Why do we need another "leader" with his goals, who will simply use tenno in their interests? Like pawns. 
We are now continuing to carry out (it is not clear why, the developers are a bit slow with the scenario logic 🙂) destructive policies imposed on us by Natah. Namely - we bring discord, chaos and destruction in the solar system. Even after the discovery of her betrayal, for some reason we continue to stubbornly kill the Grineer and the Corpus, now at the behest of her hologram.

For me personally, this makes the gameplay now to some extent meaningless - just the slaughterhouse is incomprehensible for the sake of what. In the sense of the script, the fact that for the sake of loot is understandable))
I am only consoled by the approach of Fortune, at least there will be clear goals there.