Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chimera: Hotfix 23.10.7

[DE]Megan

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed inability to select items/Emotes when in the respective Gear spirals when using a controller. 
  • Fixed inability to select an Emote in the Dojo when using a controller.

Okay, that's nice, but where is the fix for Channeling on Controller? Or Auto-adding Stars to statues?

Thanks for taking care of what I'm sure was an honest oversight with the ridiculous Ancient Healer / Arbitration drone synergy.

Now, I would start a thread on this if I was sure what was going on, so I'll just drop it in here...

TL;DR is bold text.

I had a match that I think was a bit laggy, but it may have just been Ancient Healer auras on the drones making it look like I was doing no damage, and combined with the buggy skill interactions I am about to describe, I may have thought it was lag.  I'm not sure.  But take it with a grain of salt that this COULD have been lag, but if it's not, please someone seeing this start a thread and get DE's attention to it (or if you are DE, keep an eye out for similar complaints!)

I was playing Gara in a Defense Arbitration against Infestation and I was having MASSIVELY buggy interactions with Mass Vitrify (no pun intended).  I'm talking the ability cancelling inexplicably sometimes.  Other times, it would cast normally, but stop early.  If it did this, it became impossible to interact with the wall by using her Shattered Lash to detonate it.  It would just stick there stupidly and refuse to detonate no matter how many times I spammed Shattered Lash.  Sometimes the visual would linger after I recast the ability (which is supposed to remove any remaining walls from the last cast immediately).  In other cases, the ability would SEEM not to cast, and I'd go back to shooting enemies because it was doing nothing.  Then, out of the blue, I would find myself rooted and performing the Mass Vitrify animation, with the wall already extended as if it had been channeling the entire time I had been shooting enemies!!!  The list of bugged, bizarre, and inconsistent interactions was frightful.

If this was indeed not lag, I am suspicious it was due to the Aribtration drones.  I think the drones were preventing Gara from casting Mass Vitrify is the wall would intersect them while it was expanding, but it led to extremely buggy interactions so I couldn't tell.  This needs to go, if this is a feature - or be fixed, if it is a bug.  It's actually breaking Gara - not just making her weaker, but making it almost impossible to use her abilities because they are bugging so hard.  I find the drones an annoying and superfluous addition to Arbitrations, but I'm willing to chalk that up a difference in opinion between myself and the devs, and that's cool.  If the drones allow units to avoid being vitrified by the expanding wall - cool.  But bugging out an entire warframe and/or preventing casting of abilities onto the enemies that are NOT protected just by preventing the ability from extending that far?  Not cool.  

Sadly, someone got denied a reward because of this bug.  They had a fragile warframe, but felt comfortable staying another rotation because I was maintaining Splinter Storm on everyone and refreshing it with Mass Vitrify.  Halfway through the rotation, the bugged interactions got so bad I was forced to stop trying because I could not refresh Splinter Storm any longer with the bugged Mass Vitrify, and it was impossible to keep track of all these people parkouring around the map.  I tried to keep that one person with Splinter Storm on them, ignoring the tanks, but I lost track of them and I saw the Splinter Storm fall off on the sidebar indicator for your teammates hp and the buffs you've applied to them.  Before I could find them again and recast, they died.  So yeah, this isn't just someone qq'ing angrily because their OP Gara-energy-pizza-spam-nuke-map broke down or something.  I was playing honestly and someone died because Gara got so badly bugged by what I think were the drones (again, grain of salt that it might have been lag - but only might have been...), losing a reward they stuck around to help us all earn together as a team because couldn't do my job.  If this is an actual issue and not just some laggy interaction I had, then I hope it can be cleared up.  Thanks to anyone taking the time to look through this!

9 minutes ago, Maganar said:

I was playing Gara in a Defense Arbitration against Infestation and I was having MASSIVELY buggy interactions with Mass Vitrify (no pun intended).  I'm talking the ability cancelling inexplicably sometimes.  Other times, it would cast normally, but stop early.  If it did this, it became impossible to interact with the wall by using her Shattered Lash to detonate it.  It would just stick there stupidly and refuse to detonate no matter how many times I spammed Shattered Lash.  Sometimes the visual would linger after I recast the ability (which is supposed to remove any remaining walls from the last cast immediately).  In other cases, the ability would SEEM not to cast, and I'd go back to shooting enemies because it was doing nothing.  Then, out of the blue, I would find myself rooted and performing the Mass Vitrify animation, with the wall already extended as if it had been channeling the entire time

Gara, more than any other frame i've played, is horribly sensitive to any lag.  If you have even the least bit spotty connection to the host just to list a few bugs:

• The wall will sometimes be unbreakable
  • Splinter storm will mysteriously turn off 
  • You can cast Mass Vitrify, and it makes the noise but no wall appears for several seconds.
  • Casting mass vitrify may not reset the timer on splinter storm

And of course like all other abilities like nidus, if you get a host migration (ASSuming it even works), bye bye splinter storm build up and back to square one.

4 hours ago, --Q--Phanini said:

Thank you so much for the hotfix! 
Speaking of fortuna, will we be able to use archwing weapons on the ground WITH the fortuna update?

not much information on it, but I believe not. Maybe a later Fortuna update, but definitely before railjack, thats all i know

Arbitration Changes:
We have two relatively minor changes for Arbitrations this week - we are still working on bigger picture changes and improvements to the mode as a whole which require more testing and development. 

• Arbitration Drones are now exempt from Infested Ancient Healer Auras.
  • Reduced Arbitration Defense Wave length to balance mission time played in comparison to Arbitration Survival missions. 

Changes:

AI Fixes:
With our Mainline update, we refactored the Locomotion system (which is the code that controls how AI find their way around the level) - primarily to allow us to have AI switch between different movement modes (eg walking & flying). These AI code changes have resulted in multiple scenarios of AI struggling to respect current level pathing, which are the issues being noticed post Update 23.10.0. Below are improvements to the new issues and investigation continues into other reports (Arbitration AI, etc):

• Improvements towards AI jumping onto crates for no logical reason.
  • Improvements towards AI getting stuck on doorways.
  • Fixes towards AI not spreading out between different navigation paths and instead all queuing at one.

Fixes:

• Fixes towards an occasional crash related to memory. 
  • Fixes towards a loss of functionality when hovering over the Featured Dojos in the Star Chart.
  • Fixed larger Beam weapons (Opticor, etc) unable to hit weak points, such as Vay Hek as reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1018929-opticor-does-no-damage-to-vay-hek-anymore/
  • Fixed the Judicial Coils not appearing on female Operator faces.
  • Fixed wearing Operator Masks with 'Hood Opened' causing facial accessories to be hidden.
  • Fixed cases of swapping Warframe Appearance loadouts resulting in more than one loadout being active.
  • Fixed cases where players could fall through certain platforms in Relays.
  • Fixed Khora’s Venari being invisible in the Cetus Arsenal when accessing it as the Operator.
  • Fixed inability to select items/Emotes when in the respective Gear spirals when using a controller. 
  • Fixed inability to select an Emote in the Dojo when using a controller.
  • Fixed script error resulting in black icons to appear in place of HUD buffs when the Adaptation Mod is equipped.
  • Fixed a script error when buying a Dual Pistol Skin or Bundle that contains it, upon selecting a Skin for a single Pistol.
  • Fixed a script error when casting Octavia’s Metronome ability.
  • Fixed a rare case of UI breaking with fast mouse speeds.
  • Fixed the Ambush Mod having an inaccurate description. Now it mentions that the extra damage is granted specifically to weapons.
  • Fixed certain Clan stats in the Profile Stats section not appearing for Clans created.
  • Fixed the Clan Hall having an incorrect description.

Ivara Navigator only lasts until max damage reached when not host, for Falcor. Fix when?

Reduced Arbitration Defense Wave length to balance mission time played in comparison to Arbitration Survival missions. 

Nice meme.

Just did it with a Mesa buffed, Rhino buffed, and 2 other clan mates. 24 minutes in Grineer Lua Defense (and 4xCP) and after 24 minutes we got to rotation B. Why? Oh, because enemies will *always* get stuck at the far corners of the map. So instead of trying to fix something that you never will, perhaps changing it to 5 waves per rotation is the more realistic approach? Maybe?

As usual I'm sorry to sound so rude but every time we turn around there's something else to slow us down. Cold barrels, arctic eximus, elevators, invulnerability stages, knockdowns, staggers, and the list goes on. This is a fast game, we want to go fast. It is really that simple. 

3 hours ago, Melos-mevim said:

7 updates later and still no fix to being unable to bind block to the left trigger on a controller

I agree DE should have fixed this and definitely should have acknowledged it. That said I’ve found a work around. Reset the controller to default, save, and then rebind your controls. Make sure you rebind Melee Channel since It appears to be part of the problem. 

The "Arcane Victory" item doesn't work with primary weapons, as far as I've tested I'm sure it works with secondaries. In a reddit thread someone also said it doesn't trigger with sentinels (although I'm not sure it's supposed to).

Just putting this here since I'm pretty sure this bug happened after the first chimera update in October 12, there is also 4 more bug threads in this forum reporting this bug starting in October 12.

Awesome to read,........now about that Gautulyst standing atop trees next to the lake......I get that it's a nice view at night, and all, but I don't think he's supposed to be getting up there, not to mention I don't think it would be viable under the laws of physics considering it's size, and toughness it has to be pretty thick, which means it has significant weight....I had to arch-wing to the top of his head, slam down with melee, and drop into operator just to get his attention.

Il y a 6 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :

AI Fixes:

With our Mainline update, we refactored the Locomotion system (which is the code that controls how AI find their way around the level) - primarily to allow us to have AI switch between different movement modes (eg walking & flying). These AI code changes have resulted in multiple scenarios of AI struggling to respect current level pathing, which are the issues being noticed post Update 23.10.0. Below are improvements to the new issues and investigation continues into other reports (Arbitration AI, etc):

• Improvements towards AI jumping onto crates for no logical reason.
  • Improvements towards AI getting stuck on doorways.
  • Fixes towards AI not spreading out between different navigation paths and instead all queuing at one.

Something's not right with the way enemies act with this Locomotion revamp.

- On Seimeni they still get stuck in spawnpoints.

- On Helene and Hydron they now choose most of the time to come from above (which wouldn't be so bad if this wasn't that absolute and frequent) when the platform is below, and they often got stuck midair. The thing is, they often circulate the long way just to drop down on Tennos, even passing next to the obvious main entries on the lower level, that's weird. I don't even mention Hyekka's cats getting stuck even more often below stairs or structures. Definitely odd.

Are excavation arbitration spawn rates for enemies among the priorities? I hope so, the one time I tried an excavation arbitration, barely anything spawned. Made it completely impossible to complete even a single dig due to the nearly non-existent spawning of power cell carriers...

So really no melee fixes until Melee 3.0 comes? Which might not even happen this same year??? Talking about the movement and momentum nerfs and the removal of directional output with your combos. 

Unbelievable... Why bother when they probably only read the posts with praising.  

Archived