Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spawns and pathing slowing gameplay down

delraith

Something was changed around the chimera patch that really twerked pathing ai and the way spawns occur.

I am now avoiding some map/game mode combos altogether as they have become boring and/or tedious. Examples:

• Ice Planet Corpus Defense, sometimes it takes more than 2 minutes per wave
  • Mars Defense, enemies appear to nearly trickle in, whereas a month ago they would swarm you
  • Earth Defense, same as above

Deserving of mention are any and all Exterminate missions. If you fly through the level quickly and kill everything in your path, you can arrive at the extraction point and still be shy 50 kills before you can extract. Then with the spawn logic enemies spawn in all sorts of fruity places (sometimes 300+m away) and they will stay where they spawn so you have to hunt them down. Again, a month ago you could fly through an extermination in a minute if you had good gear. Now the game severely punishes you for optimizing your loadout and breezing through the level, when the spawns get dumb the mission can take up to 5 mins to finish.

Survivals and Interceptions are now much easier as consequence, I don't really care about that too much. Though this currently makes defenses the slowest game type for rotation rewards (each wave takes at least a minute). It makes sense to have more complex game modes be more rewarding, but I feel that survival should remain as the slowest way to get rotation rewards (it's pretty dang simple, just join any polymer farm squad and behold the amazing amounts of nothing you do to go 40 mins).

If you want to herd people to primarily play excavations for affinity farm I guess that's fine (I always thought excavations were great). The extermination issue is blatantly obnoxious though.

44 minutes ago, delraith said:

Something was changed around the chimera patch that really twerked pathing ai and the way spawns occur.

I am now avoiding some map/game mode combos altogether as they have become boring and/or tedious. Examples:

• Ice Planet Corpus Defense, sometimes it takes more than 2 minutes per wave
  • Mars Defense, enemies appear to nearly trickle in, whereas a month ago they would swarm you
  • Earth Defense, same as above

Deserving of mention are any and all Exterminate missions. If you fly through the level quickly and kill everything in your path, you can arrive at the extraction point and still be shy 50 kills before you can extract. Then with the spawn logic enemies spawn in all sorts of fruity places (sometimes 300+m away) and they will stay where they spawn so you have to hunt them down. Again, a month ago you could fly through an extermination in a minute if you had good gear. Now the game severely punishes you for optimizing your loadout and breezing through the level, when the spawns get dumb the mission can take up to 5 mins to finish.

Survivals and Interceptions are now much easier as consequence, I don't really care about that too much. Though this currently makes defenses the slowest game type for rotation rewards (each wave takes at least a minute). It makes sense to have more complex game modes be more rewarding, but I feel that survival should remain as the slowest way to get rotation rewards (it's pretty dang simple, just join any polymer farm squad and behold the amazing amounts of nothing you do to go 40 mins).

If you want to herd people to primarily play excavations for affinity farm I guess that's fine (I always thought excavations were great). The extermination issue is blatantly obnoxious though.

Agreed. Enemies should always spawn directly in front of us. Preferebably directly in front of our reticle. T

15 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

it is a bigger problem in survival missions where you should be able to kill fast enough to not need the lifesuport pods but cant because of enemy spawns and borked pathing

In multiplayer, that's caused by spreading out. In solo, that's always been a problem cause not enough stuff spawns.

I agree.

There was a defense arbitration where my whole squad literally left the game bored to death. Yeap thats right.

Someone said in chat "this is not worth for some endo" and left, followed by others.

The respawns were so scuffed that players had to chase the Grineer and each wave took ages.