Nyx Absorb Change For More Survivability

GinKenshin

Hey Tenno, 

I didn't see a mega-thread for the Nyx changes, so just thought I'd post a new thread. 

My idea is for absorb. DE's only idea for it is to change it's math and how it's calculated, but I feel it'd still be lackluster (of course we need to play it first, but I digress), the concept just doesn't allow for a lot to go on with the ability, so I thought I'd introduce a new benefit of the ability, and somewhat make it a passive 

Nyx is probably one of the squishiest frame in the game, nobody can argue that, her means of surviving is her CC abilities, but they're very inconsistent. Absorb can fill that role but you need to know when to activate it, but most of the time death can come outta nowhere and very surprisingly, thus no time to cast it. There's the augment but I don't think an ability needs to rely on it's augment much 

What I suggest is that when you take lethal damage, absorb kicks in immediately so prevent you from dying. This is not a special state like Inaros, it's just the same ability but it's activated for you when you're about to die

You can balance this by giving it a timer unaffected by mods, and that your health would stay at 2, so even when you get out of it, there's still the possibility of dying. You can even make it consume energy (though it should be like 50, not the full 100 imo, but that's balancing numbers) 

This is basically my idea for absorb, it'll hopefully give it a new usability and utility, even if you don't really use it, but you'll appreciate it a lot more. Lemme know what you think 

Thank you 

2 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

What I suggest is that when you take lethal damage, absorb kicks in immediately so prevent you from dying. This is not a special state like Inaros, it's just the same ability but it's activated for you when you're about to die

Doesn't this ruin the concept of choice? In any case, why replace a passive with another passive? Especially when Nyx is going to be getting a new passive soon with her rework to reduce enemy accuracy.

Doesn't this remove an ability from her kit? What are you going to replace it with?

Passives aren't abilities.

Edited by Lahared

Well she's not a tank, but squishy? OK pure absorb is kinda meh but with assimilate and primed flow she can stand a while, combined with a weapon like the Lenz and her powerfull CC she makes a good choice for any late game mission.

She is just not that easy to use at some mission types in solo mode tho.

26 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

You can balance this by giving it a timer unaffected by mods, and that your health would stay at 2, so even when you get out of it, there's still the possibility of dying. You can even make it consume energy (though it should be like 50, not the full 100 imo, but that's balancing numbers)

This would make a good concept for a syndicate mod.

1 hour ago, Lahared said:

Doesn't this ruin the concept of choice? In any case, why replace a passive with another passive? Especially when Nyx is going to be getting a new passive soon with her rework to reduce enemy accuracy.

Doesn't this remove an ability from her kit? What are you going to replace it with?

Passives aren't abilities.

It’s not a passive, it’s just that the ability itself has a passive effect, which is what I suggested. You can still cast it normally 

50 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

It’s not a passive, it’s just that the ability itself has a passive effect, which is what I suggested. You can still cast it normally 

Then see below.

1 hour ago, Faceguy said:

This would make a good concept for a syndicate mod.