Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extreme slowdown of frame rate and audio degradation

MealeaYing

Question

I have a Asus ROG-GL753VE (specs here: https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-GL753VE/specifications/ ) and it ran Warframe (including, actually especially PoE) at flawless frame rate, with pure perfect sound for a long time, then, I started having trouble with Earth missions around when DE changed how things like grass was displayed on PoE.

Now its so slow I cant operate my foundry, move properly anywhere, and sound has gone completely to hell (static and garbled noise). All my other software (mostly heavy 3D graphics stuff like ZBrush, Sculptris, KeyShot and Blender) work fine and have no issues at all.

I have a fairly poor network connection but have always been able to play ok before.

Is this laptop capable of running Warframe any more? It's only a year old.

Thank you all for any help! Im not enjoying this at all!

Cheers,

Mealea Ying

Edited by MealeaYing

3 answers to this question

I think a recent windows 10 update screwed with the integrated audio driver by Intel, there are workarounds for that on the web. as for the low FPS maybe check if the game somehow forgot to use the 1050TI and is trying to run off the integrated GPU (can happen with laptops). You can also try a clean reinstall of both the integrated and discrete GPU drivers.

I will look into the audio thing but i turned off EVERYTHING in Display settings and while it made things sort of better its stupid, I cant see where Im going in PoE because everything is either gone, or sudenly appearing out of the blue directly in front of me. Enemies appear to jump from place to place with no animation and grass is just stupid. Even using the Options menu is difficult.

Looking more through the forums here it looks like this isn't just me. It looks like its a very widespread problem for people running Asus computers, has been going on for a long time, and is getting worse for everyone with no response(?) on tickets. PoE, Earth and parts of Ceres being the worst to the point of not being playable.

Edited by MealeaYing
Typos and missing info