Octavia could use a change

ClemWorshipper

Hello, gentlemen.

Before I start, I must adress something... this is my first post, so be gentle...

I've had Octavia for a while now, at first, when I got her, I absolutely loved this warframe, but overtime I've lost interest in using her, which sucks cause I spent so much plat on her different instruments (instant regret).

Anyway, as you can see from the title, I think Octavia could get some improvements.

In my opinion, Octavias kit in general is quite boring, ¿doesn't it consist of solely activating all 4 abilities and forgetting about them? I think at least one of her abilities should be a skillshot of some sort, for example, her 1 blasts enemies in front of her with a low pitch bass sound or something. I think adding skillshots would improve her gameplay, and yes, you're probably thinking, ¿how are we going to activate all 3 parts of the mandachord, if we are replacing one ability with a skillshot?...

I think her mandachord would work perfectly on one abiity...in other words, let's say her 4 is her Mandachord ability, and Amplify is switched to 3, whilst 1 is the skillshot we were talking about. When you active your 4, the Mandachord toggles On/Off, draining energy slowly, and it starts with only the drums playing. At this point, you could shoot enemies, jump, slide, etc. at the rhythm of the drums, and if you do it consistently enough, the bass will start playing. Then you could repeat the shooting and whatnot, but this time at the same rhythm as her bass, and boom, her melody pops up. If we apply this kit to Octavia there is still an ability left to assign, because we have: her 1, the skillshot; her 3; the amplify which was switched from 4; and her Mandachord at 4. Not sure what we could add on her 2 slot, to be honest, but I think her 2 would be interesting if it switches Mandachord songs. 

Another "issue" I´d like to see changed, is the length of her Mandachord songs. Now I know this has been mentioned a lot, but come on...think of it this way: You're in a 40 min. survival or something as long as that, I'd find it really annoying if I was listening to the SAME SHORT MELODY for 40 minutes. Some of you must feel the same way. And yes, turning off the music vol. is an option but my point is Octavias melody should give us a reason to keep it on...

Anyway that's all I have to say. I'd like to hear your thoughts as well, if I´m saying anything wrong or I´m missing something. :wink:

Farewell, Tenno.

Edited by ClemWorshipper
Typos :P

She won't get any changes to her basic version. (Don't think she will get much changes in primed version either)

All the feedback etc that has been collected on forums over the years about Octavia will be applied to her primed version 2020. This include :

• Music Packs
  • Song Limit increase
  • Ability to swap songs in Missions
  • etc

These might not be 100% accurate however it is something that has been suggested multiple times, and there's a good chance that it'll happen.

There might be some tweaks in between before prime, but nothing serious.

If anything she'd probably get a little tweak to her music packs. Nerfs or Buffs.

But anything mechanical wise she won't get until prime hits her.

2 hours ago, ClemWorshipper said:

In my opinion, Octavias kit in general is quite boring, ¿doesn't it consist of solely activating all 4 abilities and forgetting about them? I think at least one of her abilities should be a skillshot of some sort, for example, her 1 blasts enemies in front of her with a low pitch bass sound or something. I think adding skillshots would improve her gameplay, and yes, you're probably thinking, ¿how are we going to activate all 3 parts of the mandachord, if we are replacing one ability with a skillshot?...

If you do things based on your music, you get heavy buffs on weapons. So really, its not set and forget if you don't want it to be.

Lots of people know about invisibility, for example, but it has more then just that.

14 hours ago, MightyFlower said:

All the feedback etc that has been collected on forums over the years about Octavia will be applied to her primed version 2020.

Are you certain about this? Can you link where you found this info cause I'd be interested in reading it. Also, ¿what do you think of my kit idea?, I'd like your opinion. :satisfied:

Are you certain about this? Can you link where you found this info cause I'd be interested in reading it.

From the official Warframe Reddit page.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/62hcug/octavia_changes/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/7sia0u/calling_octavia_experts_how_do_you_even/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/7racnk/what_is_the_reasoning_behind_the_octavia_music/

¿what do you think of my kit idea?, I'd like your opinion. :satisfied:

Well :

17 hours ago, ClemWorshipper said:

I think at least one of her abilities should be a skillshot of some sort, for example, her 1 blasts enemies in front of her with a low pitch bass sound or something.

What you saying here is basically what Banshee does with her first ability.

Think of Banshee as Octavia's evil twin sister. Octavia compose music for parties, clubs etc and Banshee steals them and twist them into her own evil ways.

I think her mandachord would work perfectly on one abiity...in other words, let's say her 4 is her Mandachord ability, and Amplify is switched to 3, whilst 1 is the skillshot we were talking about. When you active your 4, the Mandachord toggles On/Off, draining energy slowly, and it starts with only the drums playing. At this point, you could shoot enemies, jump, slide, etc. at the rhythm of the drums, and if you do it consistently enough, the bass will start playing. Then you could repeat the shooting and whatnot, but this time at the same rhythm as her bass, and boom, her melody pops up. If we apply this kit to Octavia there is still an ability left to assign, because we have: her 1, the skillshot; her 3; the amplify which was switched from 4; and her Mandachord at 4. Not sure what we could add on her 2 slot, to be honest, but I think her 2 would be interesting if it switches Mandachord songs.

I'm having a hard time understanding what you trying to go for here, sorry.

Changing her abilities will not make her unique. Her abilities is perfectly fine as it is right now, the only problem is the option to change music while in missions and less music packs also the length of the song she's playing. Having the ability to toggle songs on/off while in missions is another thing that should've been added. (DE has noticed this and instead of giving her the ability to do it, they implemented this idea in the options menu under sound, in there players can mute Octavia)

Octavia is a DJ, a very simplified version of a DJ.

A DJ doesn't play all his/her tunes at once, they turn on/off different parts of the songs. This is what Octavia's kit is based off.

Play her as how a DJ would play, and how I do it.

If you have a good song. Then follow these pro DJ Steps.

Invite the players and enemies to the dance floor with 4..... Then drop the beat with 1....... and then 3....... when the rhythm of the song hits the sweet spot... HIT 2 (ooooh the players in your missions will go wild, even the enemies will loose it, so much they'll die of how good your DJ skills are) If 1 goes out, leave it for now... and as soon as 3 goes out, drop 1 and 2 (ooooooohhhh) Repeat. :tongue:

Another "issue" I´d like to see changed, is the length of her Mandachord songs. Now I know this has been mentioned a lot, but come on...think of it this way: You're in a 40 min. survival or something as long as that, I'd find it really annoying if I was listening to the SAME SHORT MELODY for 40 minutes. Some of you must feel the same way. And yes, turning off the music vol. is an option but my point is Octavias melody should give us a reason to keep it on... 

Yep this is pretty much what everyone is complaining about when making a ''Octavia Post''. This is one of her crappy design issues. This I can Agree on.

Edited by MightyFlower