Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

can we have a second primary rifle slot ? Please ?

papry

So DE seems intended to let us have archwing weapons as primary at the cost of the secondary slot.

Currently we have PoE which doesn't really allow for a lot of close range weapon and soon fortuna.

Wouldn't make sense to be able to have two primary slot ?

Imagine having your rubico prime and tigirs prime on PoE or a fluctus with a rubico prime ?

Am I the only one dreaming of that ?

1 minute ago, papry said:

Currently we have PoE which doesn't really allow for a lot of close range weapon and soon fortuna.

You take a secondary weapon that compliments your first.

Sniper Primary? High RoF Secondary. Bullet hose Primary? Slower heavy-hitter Secondary.

8 minutes ago, papry said:

Wouldn't make sense to be able to have two primary slot ?

No, Because it would then be a secondary, and a tertiary

Jokes aside but I'm strongly against this. It's already a massive PITA to simply swap from primary to secondary already since it takes waaaaay too much time (and I'm not going to sacrifice my aura for something like that)

Edited by Olphalarepth

I'm a bit against this as well. Being able to equip two primaries would invalidate many secondary weapons in the first place. Why use the Lex Prime when snipers exist? Why use the Twin Roggas when the Tigris Prime exists? Why use Akstiletto Primes when the Tiberon Prime exists? Etc etc.

I'd be down with the ability to equip two secondaries or two melees, though!

Edited by SortaRandom

DE could make the Archwing take up only one slot if they wanted to, so no need to compensate for an illusion power-gate. They make it take two slots precisely because of that, and because they want to. If DE wanted you to take a primary or secondary along with the AW weapon they'd just make it fill one slot only, instead of two.

16 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

I mean, power of Fluctus is no illusion. Shoot through walls for days. Plus archwing weapons have effectively infinite ammo.

and then there's Velocitus: unlimited ammo sniper rifle with one shot kills and fast follow up shots. personally I'm gonna be all up in the Grattler, giving those Tusk Heavy gunners a taste of their own explosive medicine!

18 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

I mean, power of Fluctus is no illusion. Shoot through walls for days. Plus archwing weapons have effectively infinite ammo.

18 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

I meant "illusion power-gate" in the sense it's supposed to replace both weapons, not that the AW ones were weak. As with most "something-gates" in the game they're there because DE implemented them for a certain purpose, in this case to prevent you from abusing "power".