Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Death during Eidolon hunt causes rewards from all subsequent hunts to be lost

randomic

This has happened twice to me now, first time during a Teralyst hunt and second time during Tridolon. The steps to reproduce seem to be as follows:
1. Start an eidolon hunt with a squad.
2. Die [repeatedly and use up all your revives]*, then allow yourself to bleed out.
3. Your squad completes the hunt and returns to the Cetus gate.
4. You respawn inside the gate as Cetus loads.
5. The mission failed sound plays twice and the post mission screen appears to show once, disappear and then show again.
6. You will have no rewards from the hunt.
7. Start a new eidolon hunt immediately.
8. Complete the eidolon hunt without dying.
9. You will have no rewards from the hunt.

*I'm not sure if using up all self revives is necessary to reproduce but it has been the case both times I experienced the bug

This behaviour at step 6. seems strange already but it could be intended behaviour to lose all rewards if you die during an Eidolon hunt.

Losing the rewards from a separate unrelated hunt to the one you die in is definitely not intended.

Edited by randomic

This problem only happens if the hosting player (number 1 white circle) is out of lives with 5 deaths. As I was host on easy Cetus bounty, and run out of lives using Ogris weapon, the game says there is no rewards, when I actually got most or all of rewards, including 4 iradite. Then I got 1 more iradite from a quick solo mode that worked fine. I didn't keep track of anything more I have.

The problem have something to do with players automatically leave the plains one at a time when returning to Cetus. The host is always the last one to return to Cetus. So when there are no more players remaining that have some lives, game wants to fail.

Did you got some rewards when the game did not show anything on return to Cetus summary?

In this case I was definitely missing rewards, I had no sentient cores before starting the two tridolon hunts and none after.

I think this is narrowing down the bug though, I was host and your video looks very much how I remember it.