Research resources should be faction specific

Kaotyke

Making things like Detonite Ampules drop from Grineer enemies.

Fieldron Samples drop from Corpus.

And Mutagem Samples drop from Infested.

It makes sense for them to drop the normal resources found on that planet, but the Research Resources are something that is specific to each faction when we use them in our Labs.

6 minutes ago, krc473 said:

How is that more logical than “they exist on these planets already”? So we go to these planets to collect them. What about, Corpus killing the Grineer and collecting their Detonite? So, we kill Corpus and take it off them.

That would be true in Invasions, but not in normal settings.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

...I'm not seeing the issue here.

Ask yourselves, "How many Mutagem Samples you have compared to Detonite Ampule and Fieldron Samples?"

Spoiler

Yes, its about THAT.

I think its a good idea to make the faction specific resources bound to the faction versus the planet itself. Could open up more opportunities for resource placement and avoid weird situations where Grineer and Corpus are giving the wrong faction resource. Making Mutagen Samples connected to areas with infested would also be useful for gathering and setting.

5 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

That would be true in Invasions, but not in normal settings.

Explain?

Surely, following an invasion the winning faction could rob the losing one of their faction specific resources. So, every time a faction wins, they get all the resources from the losing side. 

So basically, they would be more available than now. Not that we really need anything other than mutagen samples. We could just give infested enemies a chance to drop mutagen samples and ignore the others. Can we not just cut them off the infested or something?

Edited by krc473

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

Explain?

Surely, following an invasion the winning faction could rob the losing one of their faction specific resources. So, every time a faction wins, they get all the resources from the losing side. 

Following an invasion, maybe... but no.

I'm thinking more on the lines of, "what are the crafting materials of the weapons of each faction".

Most, if not all, Grineer Research needs Detonite Ampule, so it makes sense for their weapons to have those Ampules incorporated.

What I invision is that the Research Resources are a core component of their weapons, which are destroyed when we kill them and that piece is still intact for us to use in our labs.

Gameplay wise, that condition would make the suggestion overly complicated for this kind of suggestion. Invasions can come and go and not notice, and we can be unsure of which RR the enemy will drop.

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Gameplay wise, that condition would make the suggestion overly complicated for this kind of suggestion

But if we can do it, why can't the Corpus/Grineer? Personally, I see no benefit in the Corpus and Grineer dropping research materials. They are abundant already.

I do think it is a good suggestion. Just curious as to how it would work.

• If you go with us destroying the weapons, how does it work with infested?
  • Would we collect weapons to dismantle (foundry, Hok etc) or just collect the parts?

I do think infested should drop mutagen samples.

5 minutes ago, krc473 said:

If you go with us destroying the weapons, how does it work with infested?

Well, Mutagem Samples, from the looks of them, are organs, so... butcher as always? Butcher as always.

5 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Would we collect weapons to dismantle (foundry, Hok etc) or just collect the parts?

No, I think we should leave it as a drop, in such a fast paced game, having to collect and dismantle them would be a hassle.

Most of the time we aim at the centermass of the enemy.... or blow them to glorious gibs with an explosive, its not hard to imagine the weapon goes with it, and we grab what is still usefull.