Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank trade restriction

(XBOX)EzMacDaddy21

So I am currently MR12 and have been a casual player for 4 yrs so there are still things that don't know. Like having your mastery rank dictate what items you can sell. I understand building and buying but selling, I think, should be open to all tenno above the initial MR requirement. If I play the void and get full sets of gear, duplicates obviously, I should not be forced to keep them in inventory until I make the rank, right? I should be able to sell to a more rank worthy tenno with the plat willing to pay. In essence I guess I am asking, is there a way, and DE, would you all be willing, to remove the MR restriction from the selling side of the trade mechanic?? Does anyone else have think its an issue?

Then sell them, or rank up. It's really not hard to do it. The MR system is there because it's a viable strategy for managing player progression. And mind you I said viable, not perfect. The trade limit is there to prevent low MR players, which by norm should be new players, from abusing trade to get all powered items or large quantities of certain items. And for weapons I think it's excused to tell why there's an MR lock. 

That said, no one is forcing you to have such items, and if you are a casual player who is still at a low MR after years that should mean you don't trade enough for that limit to even affect you. I am MR25 and most days I don't even trade, and I think I never did more than 5 trades in one day. You are a minority, an exception to the general rule. Now, there's no harm in that, but if you are a rare case and you can do something about it (not like you can't progress like everybody else does) maybe you should try and adapt to the majority instead of trying to make the game bend to your expectations of what would be fair. Other than that cheers, and best luck with your progress.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

Some of the restrictions in some way are nice like for each rank you gain one daily trade. I'm MR 21 and usually don't go through them but sometimes I go through all of them but that limit frees me to do other things rather than grind trades. As for the MR locks on weapons I find it rather annoying especially for ones that have high MR locks. I've had found a buyer for several prime sets in the past only for it to be MR locked for them rendering trade impossible. These players can still farm for these parts but cannot trade for them, I get there's probably some kind of progression in terms of weapons. But at least allow them to trade for it and just not be able to use it/ build it till they reach the appropriate rank.

When I was new I found that having MR locked weapons gave me a goal to aim for. At least for me having a goal is what keeps this game fun. I still remember how happy I as after building Galatine for the first time, it was my go to weapon for a very long time. Took a while to grind MR to be able to build it but it was certainly worth it. I think only limited the use and not acquisition would be the best way to proceed. Gives a clear goal; if you've got the whole set of course you'd grind MR to build it. 

To pauloluisx,

I understand the grind aspect and I definitely enjoy being able to reach a new rank. I think many ppl may call it an annoyance yes and grind their faces off but I'm casual because I Don't have the time to grind my face off. Nevertheless, I am talking about the MR 5 person who has 3 sets of a MR14 wpn. Now said person will of course keep 1set for personal use, but they have 2sets which are probably valuable plat but they have to wait until they are MR14 to SELL it. And if the person purchasing is not the proper MR The trade will not go through. And this is in no way pay to win  because any most items can be  purchased after buying plat. This is not a minority situation, I'm sure. just no one feels its worth their time to bring up. I'm just bringing it up, raising the issue. Thanks for the comment though.

Councillor, 

I like your take on the trade situation too, they can't use the wpns but can become mini capitalists. They/ we are missing out on prime Platinum opportunities. Trickle down effect, higher MR buy from lower MR that don't really know the items worth. High MRs get bargains and Low MRs get some plat. Win win!? I like it.