Helminth Carger - Useless or Usefull ?.

Dreez76

Question

I recently came back to the game and got myself Nidus, and then i took a look at the store and found the awesome set for him, but at a juicy 375P, and then i noticed that half the set was for a kubrow, which wasn't very fun.   Last time i played the game when Kubrows was implemented, they were utterly trash and spent more time on missions dead then alive, and i grow so aggravated having to res my Kubrow, that i simply let him vanish from my ship.

So... Have things changed?. Have DE improved the dogs to the point where they are actually useful and don't die everytime a Bombard comes around ?., or is more than half the set of this Nidus  fasionframe a complete waste of 375P ?.

14 answers to this question

vor 18 Minuten schrieb Dreez76:

Last time i played the game when Kubrows was implemented, they were utterly trash

If this was your feeling the last time then don´t bother using them again. Yes they have improved but not to the point where you would like them.

And just to make it clear, I love my Sahasa and Helminth.

And btw, this is no general discussion, it´s players helping players.

Edited by Kuestenjung

I brought mine back out of stasis since I'm using Nidus a lot nowadays and he sort of bridges the gap between Kubrow and Kavat; more useful than a Kubrow, constantly roping in enemies and seemingly dealing more damage, but not as useful as that sweet, sweet Cat's Eye buff from my Adarza. reviving them when they go down is less of a problem now that we have Operators, before you'd be foolish to try and rescue your pet if it's surrounded by heavies, now it doesn't really matter.

that said, finally giving pets Vacuum is a step in the right direction, though a rework for Pets is still long overdue: even the almighty Kavats could still benefit from a few AI tweaks, and Kubrows and Chargers would only become better with a few buffs and ability reworks. hopefully sometime in the future we'll get them. 

32 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Kubrows and Chargers still suck.

This.  Kavats at least bring some powerful utility to the fight.  Adarza will increase your crit chance a flat 60% half the time, Smeeta will improve a variety of things... whenever it feels like it.  Both have an ability that lets them strip 120% of a target's armor in one attack (what's the extra 20% for?)  By contrast, Kubrows are pretty niche, though generally the variety is enough that most players will find one type they're okay with, but yeah, they're walking bullet distractions in need of an overhaul, and maybe some condensing.

The Charger with maxed bite, maul, the armor and vitality link do some pretty damage up to middle level ennemies.

And with the medi-pet mod and the one that heal the Charger when you deal melee dmg he dont go down frequently.

And the Charger is visually cool.

So i love sometimes walk him in missions with my Nidus (the basic skin no the metallc-like thing of the deluxe skin).

But 2 issues :

- No Vacuum actually

- Do you use compagnon to deal damage ?

Generally the Sentinels do a better job : Healing, resplenish ammo and even revive you with the right mods.

Sure, they do less dmg that a charger but who cares ? Your warframe and weapons wipe out ennemies a lot faster.

You could use the Compagnon mod that open the lockers with a good chance to farm ressource but the animation is sooooo loooog.

The Master Thief exilus mod do better job because the ratio ressources/time is far better.

So, if you like the Charger look you can take him in mission. He's no longer a annoyance.

But honestly it's not the most optimal choice.

Im like my Charger but it's more affective that a pragmatic attachement.

Depends on the build and your play style.   If you run heavy melee, the synergy between you and pets is actually quite good.   You keep them alive and they dump HP back into you.   The damage they cause is good enough for any non-sortie mission to actually kill stuff.  The damage they cause will still heal you right up (assume max bite/maul mods).