Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wasted time on Cetus

VirginiaBear

Venting post incoming.

Hey DE devs, although host migration errors are bound to happen, I just encountered one that had me rage quitting a session. I was on the Plains of Eidolon doing a eidolon hunt. The squad i had with me was doing rather well. We had all four joints on the terralyst down and was going in for kill.  Alert of sunrise began and all of a sudden, host migration in progress appeared on screen, followed by Host Migration failed.  Lost the last 30 minutes of progress, and all pickups. Not cool DE.  So frustrated and upset will probably need a day or two to cool off from this.

My question is to the DE Devs: What systems do you have in place to monitor and mitigate host migration errors? Losing a huge chunk of time invested with no payout (IE pickups, including crafting pieces, blueprints, etc.) A simple sorry to the players is just not good enough.

Edited by VirginiaBear

11 hours ago, VirginiaBear said:

My question is to the DE Devs: What systems do you have in place to monitor and mitigate host migration errors?

I get it is frustrating but how are DE supposed to fix it is your host's PC crashes, their modem/router explodes or they lose power?

The only thing they could really do is have all clients as well as the host storing mission reward info to keep the rewards but that would increase bandwidth usage by about 4x which would be a disaster on those with poor connections or bandwidth limits.

1 hour ago, Shalath said:

I get it is frustrating but how are DE supposed to fix it is your host's PC crashes, their modem/router explodes or they lose power?

The only thing they could really do is have all clients as well as the host storing mission reward info to keep the rewards but that would increase bandwidth usage by about 4x which would be a disaster on those with poor connections or bandwidth limits.

or you know, checkpoint the rewards on breaking each limb.

that's an option.

44 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

or you know, checkpoint the rewards on breaking each limb.

that's an option.

Well, they wouldn't be able to checkpoint the rewards for stuff client-side, because that would open up the doors for hacking/cheating. They could do it server side, but then there'd be heaps more 'checkpoints' going off at once, from various situations (you'd also want it to checkpoint focus/XP gains during missions that crash, etc). If it wouldn't impact the servers, I'm absolutely 100% all for it, but DE have shown caution about server drain on stuff like that before, so idk.

2 hours ago, Xarteros said:

Well, they wouldn't be able to checkpoint the rewards for stuff client-side, because that would open up the doors for hacking/cheating. They could do it server side, but then there'd be heaps more 'checkpoints' going off at once, from various situations (you'd also want it to checkpoint focus/XP gains during missions that crash, etc). If it wouldn't impact the servers, I'm absolutely 100% all for it, but DE have shown caution about server drain on stuff like that before, so idk.

There is a lot of truth to this.  Warframe is already a bandwidth monster in terms of data per active player.    Compared to a lot of other games with much higher player counts, war frame just nukes them into the ground for bandwidth.   But, this is also the price we play for this level of a horde shooter and loot.   Can only hope someday, somebody at DE, is willing to take a hard look at the netcode.  Until then, making sure your internet connection is solid as possible is as important as can be for this and not your GPU/CPU.

Edited by Chappie1975