Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please get a buff to the Twin Kohmak's status chance?

TheHydrolyst

The Twin Kohmak's are sitting at 23% status chance and even with a 2+1 riven with maximum possible status chance + 4 dual stat mods cannot truly hit 100% status chance... :(

*Buff suggestion: Change the 23% status chance to 25% status chance*

A small buff, that will make everyone's riven's and build's actually work!

:heart:

Currently it can hit 100%, but with the way the weapon is things like fire rate or reload and super crucial to the builds.

Not to mention nobody wants to deal with constant blast proc's which at the current 23% cannot be avoided.

Edited by TheHydrolyst
Correction
  • Like 5

I would definitely like to see the Twin Kohmak get a buff to its Status Chance, or at least a Riven Disposition to match the Kohm. Getting it to reach 100% Status Chance with all 4 dual stat mods and a riven with Status Chance is a lot of investment (especially if it involves having to deal with Blast if you want Corrosive). 

Maybe when Twin Kohmak Wraith comes around its Status Chance might get a significant buff.

It's possible to hit 100% status chances before multishot with 4 dual stats mods and a riven, but you'll need at least +95% sc on it.

Those 95% are:

- guaranteed on a 2P1N riven

- possible on a 2P and 3P1N riven

- impossible on a 3P riven

It's impossible to get enough status chances on any riven to be able to only use only 3 dual stats mods (edit: adding Embedded Catalyzer however, you can reach 100% with 3 dual stat mods and a Riven with the lowest possible status chance, as pointed out by MasterBurik below)

IMO the real problems with twin kohmak are spread an ammo:

- when DE reworked secondaries, they increased the TK's spread to ridiculous level. The combined effect of both spread and damage falloff made the weapon totally ineffective past 5 meters vs groups, and litterally past point blank vs single units. Targeting subsystems can improve it a bit, but 30% isn't worth the slot imo.

- ammo max of 240. Only 30 more than standard. No need to explain here, that's incredibly low for such weapon. Most other ammo hungry secondaries have significantly increased ammo reserves and the kohm has 8x the standard shotguns' ammo.

So, i'd like the ammo max increased at no cost (i think it's fair), and the spread significantly lowered at the cost of maybe increased recoil. That said, higher status chances would be appreciated too, of course 😄

Edited by Robolaser
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'd be on board with a status chance increase. And yea the newer increased spool up time and decreased accuracy is pretty ridiculous. I actually used this weapon before it was technically buffed. Now it's too much of a pain.

Also buff Sure Shot to 90% and Embedded Catalyzer to 120%.

The ideal scenario would at least make the Twin Kohmak’s base Status Chance or its Riven Disposition capable enough to warrant a Riven with Status Chance and dual stat mods able to achieve 100% Status before multishot. That’s already a possibility with the regular Kohm, so it should reflect toward the regular Kohmak and Twin Kohmak.

4 dual stat mods and a Riven with Status Chance is too much of an investment. I agree with @Robolaser that the low reserve ammo needs a bit of a buff. Increased recoil I’m highly against, however. The Kohm family of guns do have a wild pellet spread that’s not pinpoint accurate, so it should retain that nature imo. A slight increase to the damage falloff is always welcome.

Unfortunately with Secondaries, there are no Corrupted mods that can control Spread much like Tainted Shell, which is ideal on the Kohm. If there was I’d welcome it, especially with the growing amount of shotgun secondaries we have in-game as well as the possibility of revisiting the Derelict for more of these mods.

Le 12/12/2018 à 16:32, MasterBurik a dit :

With Embedded Catalyzer, you can reach 100% with 3 dual stat mods and a Riven

I always forget this mod. It's not difficult to use, just too inconvenient imo because of the aiming requirement, which i find inappropriate for such weapon.

But you're absolutely right, Thanks for pointing that out

Seriously, Twin Kohmak is fine as it is.

Yes, you can shoot for 100% status, and just like with Kohm, you need a riven. Increasing the status chance to 24-25% from 23% would be enough to make rolling rivens a bit easier.

However, you really don't need a status build to do well with Twin Kohmak. I rolled a multishot, damage and minus max ammo riven, and with it my Kohmak absolutely shreds. In Simulacrum, I can take out 2 Corrupted Heavy Gunners level 150 in a single clip, or 3-4 if I let punch through do its work. Without a riven, you can still finish off at least one. In real life missions, I can sit in Kuva for 40+ minutes, run forward through a corridor without aiming and clear it completely. Heavy Gunners, Bombards, Napalms level 80+, nothing survives.

The spread, recoil and spool up effect are all part of what makes Kohmak and Kohm what they are, and they are both extremely good weapons with great disposition. If I wanted any changes to either of them, that would be increasing maximum ammo and possibly magazine size, since even Carrier won't keep up in higher level content.

But seriously, don't treat Twin Kohmak like the Kohm - Kohm can be quite easily made into a status beast, but Kohmak can be a raw damage powerhouse. Don't reroll your +damage +elemental rivens, test them out.

Edited by Bristoling

19 hours ago, Robolaser said:

I always forget this mod. It's not difficult to use, just too inconvenient imo because of the aiming requirement, which i find inappropriate for such weapon.

But you're absolutely right, Thanks for pointing that out

I find that zoom (what DE ties to "aiming") beneficial for shotguns, as it changes their spread.

• 3 weeks later...

Why in the name of all that is Warframe would you use corrosive-blast on there Twin Kohmak? Like the Kohm and Tigris, it's slash-heavy, so even if blast proc knockdowns weren't a thing, you're still be better served going viral-radiation.

Nevertheless, I agree with Fishyflakes: the Twin Kohmak's stats aren't the problem. The problem is how multishot status works. 99% status chance should 99% as good as 100%, not 60%, like it is now.

13 hours ago, IrrelevantFish said:

it's slash-heavy, so even if blast proc knockdowns weren't a thing, you're still be better served going viral-radiation

So what if it is slash heavy? Unlike tigris its base damage is low, you'll get a lot of slash procs but all with a tiny damage, overall its damage from slash procs is unimpressive. On high level armored targets corrosive will be better, even with annoying blast effect. Akjagara was the same: it could produce a lot of slash procs, but damage was pitiful, prime version works great with viral because they added good crit stats to it.